Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Clattenburg 17:59 - Oct 28 with 905 viewssmegma

Always thought he had it in him to perform to the best of his ability. Well done Mark,MOTM today.
Mark Clattenburg on 18:01 - Oct 28 with 891 viewsClive_Anderson

Brilliant. Has brightened up my weekend no end.

Would be Man Utd profiting though.
Mark Clattenburg on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 826 viewsdaveB

Pesonally i think he used to be a very good ref but is dreadful now, Spurs at home last season, West Ham this year he always seems to book 8 or 9 players and send someone off. he was dreadful today
Mark Clattenburg on 18:31 - Oct 28 with 812 viewscheeseydane

Absolutely awful display.

Single handedly ruined a very good game.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Mark Clattenburg on 19:11 - Oct 28 with 733 viewsQPR1882

The worse call he made today was one he never gave. Torres 1st yellow was 100% red.
Mark Clattenburg on 19:13 - Oct 28 with 730 viewsNorthernr

Another very poor refereeing performance from him. As said in a discussion on here last week he's in very poor form at the moment, and as I said in the referee write up ahead of our game at Arsenal it was a real surprise to see him given such a high profile game while he's in that sort of form.
Mark Clattenburg on 19:20 - Oct 28 with 706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought he was very poor, too. How Cech, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Cole, Luiz, Bertrand, Sturridge, Oscar and Cahill stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Bare bones.

Mark Clattenburg on 20:23 - Oct 28 with 614 viewsClive_Anderson

Mark Clattenburg on 19:13 - Oct 28 by Northernr

Another very poor refereeing performance from him. As said in a discussion on here last week he's in very poor form at the moment, and as I said in the referee write up ahead of our game at Arsenal it was a real surprise to see him given such a high profile game while he's in that sort of form.

I dunno the league is meant to be a level playing field so why should Chelsea and Man Utd get to avoid the shit refs all the time?

If he's a Premier ref then they should have to endure them like the rest of us.
Mark Clattenburg on 20:35 - Oct 28 with 580 viewsloftboy

Sir Alex Ferguson has made it clear to Howard Webb that he will have to fight for his first team place.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Clattenburg on 20:40 - Oct 28 with 558 viewsstowmarketrange

Three vital offside decisions in 3 games over two days and the officials got every one wrong.
Mark Clattenburg on 20:56 - Oct 28 with 502 viewsHollowayRanger

Mark Clattenburg on 20:40 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

Three vital offside decisions in 3 games over two days and the officials got every one wrong.

JUST about to say same thing they are destroying games

yesterday we were robbed of a chance to hold out
today liverpool robbed
and choke on it chelski as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mark Clattenburg on 21:18 - Oct 28 with 469 viewsStanisgod

What a surprise, it's someones elses fault again ! WHY DON'T THEY JUST FOR ONCE ACCEPT IT WHEN THEY'VE DONE WRONG. ( Cue konk defending the indefensible again ).

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mark Clattenburg on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 451 viewssmegma

Mark Clattenburg on 20:40 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

But no one gave a f*ck about yesterday as it was little ole QPR but tomorrows papers will be full of todays refereeing cockups.
Mark Clattenburg on 21:29 - Oct 28 with 439 viewsNorthernr

Mark Clattenburg on 20:23 - Oct 28 by Clive_Anderson

I dunno the league is meant to be a level playing field so why should Chelsea and Man Utd get to avoid the shit refs all the time?

If he's a Premier ref then they should have to endure them like the rest of us.

Well it depends if you agree that one game of football can be more difficult to referee than another. I would say that Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Arsenal, Man Utd v Chelsea would be a tougher task for a referee than QPR v Sunderland, Watford v Wolves for example.

The higher the quality of the two teams, the faster the game will be played at. Throw in the added rivalry, the needle between the two teams.

A referee out of form should drop down, either to easier Premier League games or the lower divisions where the games are not as quick or keenly fought.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mark Clattenburg on 21:30 - Oct 28 with 438 viewsstowmarketrange

Mark Clattenburg on 21:25 - Oct 28 by smegma

But no one gave a f*ck about yesterday as it was little ole QPR but tomorrows papers will be full of todays refereeing cockups.

And also no mention was made of Clattenberg's heavy handedness in the West Ham game.There were several challenges today that were as bad as either of Diakites that went without yellow cards.
Mark Clattenburg on 23:16 - Oct 28 with 340 viewsClive_Anderson

Mark Clattenburg on 21:29 - Oct 28 by Northernr

Well it depends if you agree that one game of football can be more difficult to referee than another. I would say that Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Arsenal, Man Utd v Chelsea would be a tougher task for a referee than QPR v Sunderland, Watford v Wolves for example.

The higher the quality of the two teams, the faster the game will be played at. Throw in the added rivalry, the needle between the two teams.

A referee out of form should drop down, either to easier Premier League games or the lower divisions where the games are not as quick or keenly fought.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I don't think you can know how difficult a game is going to be to referee in advance. I suppose you could argue that local derbies are more likely to produce a bad tempered match, but that still rules out Man Utd against Chelsea.

I can't imagine Villa vs West Brom or us against Fulham getting special treatment somehow.
Mark Clattenburg on 23:29 - Oct 28 with 325 viewsNorthernr

Mark Clattenburg on 23:16 - Oct 28 by Clive_Anderson

I don't think you can know how difficult a game is going to be to referee in advance. I suppose you could argue that local derbies are more likely to produce a bad tempered match, but that still rules out Man Utd against Chelsea.

I can't imagine Villa vs West Brom or us against Fulham getting special treatment somehow.

I think you can make an educated guess that Chelsea v Man Utd is going to be a more difficult game to referee than say Reading v Fulham yesterday.
Mark Clattenburg on 23:38 - Oct 28 with 301 viewsClive_Anderson

Mark Clattenburg on 23:29 - Oct 28 by Northernr

I think you can make an educated guess that Chelsea v Man Utd is going to be a more difficult game to referee than say Reading v Fulham yesterday.

Maybe.

I just think that if the top teams get the top refs when they want then that would be yet another advantage for them. Should be drawn out of a hat the day before if you ask me, which would be fair to everyone. And as a bonus it wouldn't allow managers to spend the week before undermining the ref to try and gain an advantage.
Mark Clattenburg on 23:49 - Oct 28 with 285 viewsamhoop

Mark Clattenburg on 23:38 - Oct 28 by Clive_Anderson

Maybe.

I just think that if the top teams get the top refs when they want then that would be yet another advantage for them. Should be drawn out of a hat the day before if you ask me, which would be fair to everyone. And as a bonus it wouldn't allow managers to spend the week before undermining the ref to try and gain an advantage.

If a referee is in good form he should be awarded with a bigger appointment. Just like the top players want to be playing at the highest level the top refs want to be officiating at the top level. But not sure why Clattenburg was given the game today, he seems to have lost the plot a bit recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024