Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWP 11:29 - Dec 10 with 954 viewsGloryHunter

SWP did well for our second goal - chased down the man in possession and then a good cross for Cisse. Credit where credit's due.
SWP on 11:35 - Dec 10 with 937 viewsWokingR

Shhhh!

We don't want anything positive on hear thank you very much
SWP on 11:41 - Dec 10 with 916 viewsClive_Anderson

I thought someone else chased the ball down to pass to him?

He did well there, but overall he didn't have a particularly good game.
SWP on 11:44 - Dec 10 with 898 viewsBluce_Ree

Sorry but he was awful on Saturday. He had so much space because Taarabt kept creating it for him by floating forward into his corner but he was just unable to do anything. It's not work effort, it's a lack of skill and a footballing brain.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

SWP on 11:44 - Dec 10 with 895 viewsklr

Cant say anything positive about him as a football player, so wont bother trying.

SWP on 11:47 - Dec 10 with 887 viewsPilky

SWP on 11:44 - Dec 10 by klr

Cant say anything positive about him as a football player, so wont bother trying.

Shouldn't you be on a ledge somewhere?!
SWP on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 872 viewsklr

SWP on 11:47 - Dec 10 by Pilky

Shouldn't you be on a ledge somewhere?!

What was meant by such a comment ?
SWP on 12:22 - Dec 10 with 822 viewsRs_Holy

has improved since the arrival of Harry, but is still very poor.
Been said by many fans, he has absolutely no footballing brain.
Can be summed up perfectly in one sentence "shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot".
SWP on 12:43 - Dec 10 with 786 viewsTacticalR

OK, for once SWP made the right choice for the pass to Cissé, and I applaud him for that.

However, to win a match in the Premiership you need all eleven players to firing on all cylinders and to be making the right choices throughout the match.

My heart sinks when I see SWP's name on the team sheet because he is taking a place that could be used by somebody who makes the right choices.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

SWP on 12:48 - Dec 10 with 772 viewsWokingR

SWP on 11:51 - Dec 10 by klr

What was meant by such a comment ?

Perhaps he thinks you're a pidgeon

SWP on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 764 viewsJuzzie

It's like the person at work who constantly fks up.... then when they do something good everyone remarks how well they've done. Then everyone else who actaully does their job properly never get a mention or the one time they do something wrong, they're lambasted for it.

Yes, SWP did well for our 2nd goal, but he should be doing that all the time, not once a season.

SWP on 13:03 - Dec 10 with 738 viewsTacticalR

If only everyone had listened to Paul Hart when he was head of Nottingham Forest's academy. That would have saved everyone a lot of time and money.

"One afternoon in the summer of 1998 Shaun Wright-Phillips was told by his club Nottingham Forest that he had no future in football."
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1404058,00.html

Air hostess clique

SWP on 13:25 - Dec 10 with 702 viewsClive_Anderson

He looks to me like someone who still thinks it is junior football where he can run at goal and get a shot away loads of times a game and expect a few of them to go in.

No matter how many times he loses the ball whilst running or blasts the ball at a defender he just keeps on doing the same thing over and over again.
SWP on 13:37 - Dec 10 with 670 viewshoops_legend

SWP on 13:25 - Dec 10 by Clive_Anderson

He looks to me like someone who still thinks it is junior football where he can run at goal and get a shot away loads of times a game and expect a few of them to go in.

No matter how many times he loses the ball whilst running or blasts the ball at a defender he just keeps on doing the same thing over and over again.

I actually say we should just look at him under Harry and see how he does.

Hes done a few good things in past few games. Hope it continues
SWP on 13:38 - Dec 10 with 669 viewsngbqpr

Read that Obsever link & weep - where did it all go wrong?

Please don't say too long on the bench at Chelsea - he was pretty good when he first went back to City too...and remember when we signed him David Moyes tried to gazump us last minute...blimey, he was good as recently as early last season, was great in his first two Rs games

It has to be either loss of confidence, loss of interest or both....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SWP on 13:56 - Dec 10 with 649 viewsTacticalR

...or Paul Hart was right.

Air hostess clique

SWP on 14:05 - Dec 10 with 631 viewsngbqpr

SWP on 13:56 - Dec 10 by TacticalR

...or Paul Hart was right.

....try telling a City fan that. He may not be at the giddy level they play at now, but when they were at the level we now aspire to be at, he was plenty good enough

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

SWP on 15:01 - Dec 10 with 595 viewsTacticalR

I suppose it's a bit like Mark Hughes. If someone is consistently awful at your club, you ask yourself:

1) Were they good once upon a time, and have now become awful?
2) Were they always awful, but circumstances conspired to hide how awful they always were?

Air hostess clique

SWP on 15:07 - Dec 10 with 585 viewsJamie

SWP on 15:01 - Dec 10 by TacticalR

I suppose it's a bit like Mark Hughes. If someone is consistently awful at your club, you ask yourself:

1) Were they good once upon a time, and have now become awful?
2) Were they always awful, but circumstances conspired to hide how awful they always were?

And Wright-Phillips is definitely a case of Number 1.

Anton Ferdinand is definitely a case of Number 2.
SWP on 15:37 - Dec 10 with 565 viewsJonDoeman

Where's the Boswinga threads ?

It Is What It Is !!

SWP on 16:22 - Dec 10 with 539 viewsspudoodles

From the Telegraph
Early on in this encounter, there was a moment that hinted at the reason Queens Park Rangers are isolated at the bottom of the Premier League table.
Adel Taarabt raked a pass across the width of the pitch towards Shaun Wright-Phillips. The former fought as hard as he ever will to win possession and the release from his right boot was accurate.
All Wright-Phillips needed to do was adjust his positioning by stepping back a yard, jump a bit and control the incoming ball with his chest. Instead, the winger just gave up, waved his hands then shrugged his shoulders. The attitude said: ‘too much effort for me.’
SWP on 16:39 - Dec 10 with 521 viewsfakekerby

SWP on 16:22 - Dec 10 by spudoodles

From the Telegraph
Early on in this encounter, there was a moment that hinted at the reason Queens Park Rangers are isolated at the bottom of the Premier League table.
Adel Taarabt raked a pass across the width of the pitch towards Shaun Wright-Phillips. The former fought as hard as he ever will to win possession and the release from his right boot was accurate.
All Wright-Phillips needed to do was adjust his positioning by stepping back a yard, jump a bit and control the incoming ball with his chest. Instead, the winger just gave up, waved his hands then shrugged his shoulders. The attitude said: ‘too much effort for me.’

Finally an article for the press that recognises Adel's work-rate, he's been one of the very few to be proud of this season.
SWP on 16:46 - Dec 10 with 509 viewsTacticalR

That reminds me...before I had sussed SWP, last season away at Tottenham I kept wondering why SWP and Taarabt seemed to be in each other's space and getting in each other's way. The usual thoughts went through my head...not played together long enough, haven't gelled etc.

Of course, now I wouldn't haven't any problems identifying the culprit.

Air hostess clique

SWP on 20:46 - Dec 10 with 448 viewsGloryHunter

SWP on 11:41 - Dec 10 by Clive_Anderson

I thought someone else chased the ball down to pass to him?

He did well there, but overall he didn't have a particularly good game.

No, he won the ball first, then received the pass out wide, then crossed it. MOTD illustrated it with a little animation, showing he ran 14 yards for the close-down. I agree it was a rare moment of enthusiasm for him, but it happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024