Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR 16:08 - Mar 1 with 3957 viewsmadjules

I've been trying to work out what is wrong with QPR
How can we be one of the few teams that need players right in front of the central defence or we get ripped apart (Liverpool at home)
How can we go through 3 transfer windows spending huge amount and buy loads of players only to get to the 4th window and Harry declares he needs 3 or 4 players (And Norwich don't have anything like this problem)
How can players like Routledge and Puncheon look amazing in their teams but look awful in ours, similarly how can we turn someone who played for Real Madrid into someone who looks Championship material at the moment
It just can't be about the Players (even if we do still lack strikers)

I think some obvious things are starting to show, the half time Sky analysis of Norwich at home, overwhelmingly saying where are the QPR players, the ball comes into the box and it's 1 against 4.
Then again the Match of the Day Man Utd analysis showing Adel time and time again giving the ball and not moving forward, not driving into space.
No penetration, no runners into the box, Faurlin and Granero aren't particularly those players, Adel wants to stay outside and curl it into the top corner, we buy Jenas, possibly can arrive late but now too old to have the pace to do it effectively.
We see Lampard do it, Brunt and Morrison can do it, even Gomez showed a masterclass of it in one match, a hat trick for Wigan against Reading.
Over the last 3 games Townsend seems to be the only spark we have, against Man Utd he had 1 player in the box to aim for, how about Zamora, Remy, one runner from central Midfielder and the also the opposing Winger coming in at the far post, someone might pick up the second ball even!
Ah yes, but our fragile team will be counter attacked you say. Haven't we got the discipline to cope with that, the wing backs pushing up, the other central holding midfielder, the colussus that is Samba and perhaps even when we run into the box it will drag their team back into their own box negating the threat of the counter.
Just a thought on why it is going so horribly wrong or shall we just continue to be bottom of the 20 teams on the FFStat page at 2 shots on goal per game, get the odd 0-0 against a top side and slide into the Championship.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 3308 viewstoboboly

Routlege didn't look awful in our team.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:12 - Mar 1 with 3308 viewssaintwiz

Twitchy is whats wrong
and that arrogant Welsh winker before him.

Life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:14 - Mar 1 with 3302 viewskingsburyR

We are crapper than everyone else.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:25 - Mar 1 with 3280 viewsadhoc_qpr

Everything is wrong - tactics, form, fitness, motivation, team work, coaching, game intelligence - you name it!

Most of the players don't expect to be here next season anyway i would think - so difficult to turn things around.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:33 - Mar 1 with 3256 viewsessextaxiboy

Niaeve board, arrogant manager, greedy agent
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:36 - Mar 1 with 3239 viewsShotKneesHoop

Shyte team, shyte management, shyte seats, shyte toilets, teas and pies, shyte shirts and badge, shyte rip off of pricing of fans at every opportunity.

Ocean Billy's, White Horse, Loft For Words, memories of the good old days, and the easiest access to and from any football ground this side of Antarctica balance it all up to being worth hanging in there, hoping we make a decent fist of the Championship next year.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:40 - Mar 1 with 3233 viewsHunterhoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:36 - Mar 1 by ShotKneesHoop

Shyte team, shyte management, shyte seats, shyte toilets, teas and pies, shyte shirts and badge, shyte rip off of pricing of fans at every opportunity.

Ocean Billy's, White Horse, Loft For Words, memories of the good old days, and the easiest access to and from any football ground this side of Antarctica balance it all up to being worth hanging in there, hoping we make a decent fist of the Championship next year.

Well I can see this is going to be a glorious thread..
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:42 - Mar 1 with 3227 viewsShotKneesHoop

So what would you change?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:47 - Mar 1 with 3213 viewsHunterhoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:42 - Mar 1 by ShotKneesHoop

Oh, f*ck. Loads.

Was just making a wry remark that loads more misery piled into one thread was exactly what we all wanted.

The only good thing this season has been the Shepherd and Flock, as far as I'm concerned. And even there, the fit Polish barmaid with mindbogglingly bit tits left half way through the season.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:52 - Mar 1 with 3199 viewsShotKneesHoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:47 - Mar 1 by Hunterhoop

Oh, f*ck. Loads.

Was just making a wry remark that loads more misery piled into one thread was exactly what we all wanted.

The only good thing this season has been the Shepherd and Flock, as far as I'm concerned. And even there, the fit Polish barmaid with mindbogglingly bit tits left half way through the season.

I know it's all misery.

The Horse didn't even have Polish barmaids.

One plus point is that London Transport has upgraded its rolling stock.

So, they close the lines on match days so we'll miss them.

Apart from that, I can't think of anything else that's improved.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:52 - Mar 1 with 3196 viewsmadjules

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:42 - Mar 1 by ShotKneesHoop

My point was I keep hearing graneros not playing well, Mackies off form, we need a better defence, we need this that and the other.
But if it was really down to the players how do Reading, Norwich etc. manage to win games
There is definitely something wrong with things at a core level
I hate the fact that it started with Hughes (negative play?) and Redknapp seems to have carried it on. Possibly because he was obsessed with sorting out the defence post Liverpool and now is faced with fact we are the worst attacking team in the league
We almost need to rebuild everything but its too late
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:54 - Mar 1 with 3187 viewsShotKneesHoop

Start from fresh next season.

We are dead and buried.

I hope most of Hughes signings will be too.

Academy and new training ground (assuming it happens) are plus points.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 3182 viewsHunterhoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:52 - Mar 1 by ShotKneesHoop

I know it's all misery.

One more positive...just thought of it.

If you leave it a few hours after the game, say 9pm or later...the Defectors has some pretty decent talent in there by then. So at least if you decide to carry on drinking into the abyss after games you can head there and be surrounded by and talking to some tasty girls. Not that I'm making much sense by about 11, but still.

Let's try to turn this thread into "small victories" thread.

ooohh...ANOTHER.

I've discovered cafe Rest properly this year. Cracking value for a full English. Good solid brekafast stodge.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 3170 viewsJeff

The hours between 11:00 and 2:30 and 5:30 until close in the Crown and Sceptre on match days are basically the only thing about QPR that is palatable these days.

if they ever closed the Crown I genuinely don't know what i'd do...

Can we not knock it?

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 3166 viewsHunterhoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:07 - Mar 1 by Jeff

The hours between 11:00 and 2:30 and 5:30 until close in the Crown and Sceptre on match days are basically the only thing about QPR that is palatable these days.

if they ever closed the Crown I genuinely don't know what i'd do...

I think the same about the Shepherd and Flock.

Let's be honest, gents, this football lark is merely a beard for our daytime drinking habits...otherwise known as alcoholism.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:31 - Mar 1 with 3134 viewsHayesender

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:52 - Mar 1 by ShotKneesHoop

I know it's all misery.

No, but the white horse does have a rather large Welsh barmaid with humongous tits

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:45 - Mar 1 with 3106 viewsQPR_John

Rather than building a team we have been on a course of damage limitation from the time we were promoted. In reality the team that won the Championship was not equiped for the Premier League. Without Taarabt we would at best have just sneaked into the playoffs off the back of the defence, six teams scored more than us. We could not build on the championship team, like Swansea or Norwich, because in reality we did not have a team it was Taarabt, a country mile better than any player in the Championship, plus a very good defence.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:54 - Mar 1 with 3092 viewskropotkin41

QPR hasn't been right for years. Putting it right might be expected to take years. As I have said elsewhere, the successes we have had have been gravity-defying, thanks to Olly and NW, underlying issues have not been addressed.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 18:02 - Mar 1 with 3082 viewsAntti_Heinola

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:45 - Mar 1 by QPR_John

Rather than building a team we have been on a course of damage limitation from the time we were promoted. In reality the team that won the Championship was not equiped for the Premier League. Without Taarabt we would at best have just sneaked into the playoffs off the back of the defence, six teams scored more than us. We could not build on the championship team, like Swansea or Norwich, because in reality we did not have a team it was Taarabt, a country mile better than any player in the Championship, plus a very good defence.

Kind of agree with this. I still can't believe AT didn't win player of the season that year. But the stuff about our goalscoring is a bit unfair. Great teams can score and defend, as we did that year. Our GD was at least 12 better than any other team, which was pretty phenomenal.
I think the point is that all teams need new players when they go up. Unfortunately for Warnock, our board was in disarray and he had very, very little time to get players in and most of his first choices fell by the wayside. We really did have the spine of a decent side but we chucked it away. Two centre backs, a striker, a right back and a midfielder - the right signings there and we could have evolved quite nicely. Instead, NW was forced to scrabble around against the clock.

Bare bones.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 18:24 - Mar 1 with 3056 viewsToast_R

The best thing about this ugly season was the blind optimism before it began. That and the strip joint in Munich the night before Augsburg, where the birds were certainly not ugly.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 18:45 - Mar 1 with 3012 viewsShotKneesHoop

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 17:31 - Mar 1 by Hayesender

No, but the white horse does have a rather large Welsh barmaid with humongous tits

I seemed to have missed her at the Horse. Can you post a photo of her here?

Or if she was Welsh, should she really be in the Shepherd and Flock?

The one's I've seen in the Horse look like they are logo's for the place.

As another post on this thread says, the day goes downhill when you leave for the game.

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 18:53 - Mar 1 with 2997 viewsBushRangerW12

We don't score enough goals because we don't get enough players in the box. Why? Because it takkes us too long to win the ball back when we lose it. Read more on my latest blog
Beat About the Bush Ranger #21 Do or Die on this link
http://beataboutthebushranger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/21-do-or-die.html?spref=fb

The Bush Ranger

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 19:18 - Mar 1 with 2972 viewsSomersetHoops

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 16:12 - Mar 1 by toboboly

Routlege didn't look awful in our team.

+ 1

Who's Next?

What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 20:05 - Mar 1 with 2925 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fail to Prepare and prepare to fail is apt for us, but I think its more than that we've had so many poisonous people within our club for so many years who've had done notjhing but ultimately ill for the club. Even Fernandes may prove ultimately to be the biggest disaster of all, so far he's shown he doesn't know how to run a football club - putting money in doesn't in itself address the issues, he's tried to run before he can walk and made ridiculous decisions both himself and others for him - worse I'm not totally sure he understands the mistakes he's made as he suggested when saying he only fired Hughes because he felt Harry would do a better job which in my view overall he has, signings might be questionable but ask youreself this in terms of Premiership quality players who do you think was most likely to come to Rangers?
Joe Cole, Peter Crouch both tried to sign both turned us down - or at least seemed to.
What's fundamentally wrong with QPR on 20:12 - Mar 1 with 2919 viewsqprmick

A bit more effort and desire and we will win. There, problem fixed, easy as shelling peas this management lark.

Qprmick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024