Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. 11:09 - Sep 19 with 2049 viewsJonDoeman

Harry Redknapp wants to unleash new signing Niko Kranjcar in the No.10 role vacated by Adel Taarabt this season as he continues to mould his new-look QPR side.

Kranjcar is expected to become a key player at Loftus Road, after he arrived in west London on a season-long loan deal from Dynamo Kiev on transfer deadline day.

Redknapp believes that the 29-year-old will add guile and incision to the QPR attack, and wants to play Kranjcar ‘in the hole’ behind Charlie Austin in a new 4-2-3-1 system.

The Croatia international can also play wide on the left, and Redknapp, who managed Kranjcar at Tottenham and Portsmouth, says the new signing gives him plenty of options.

“I’ve got the option of Niko playing in behind, the No.10 role,” said Redknapp. “He’s fantastic in there, a little bit like [Rafael] van der Vaart when I played him at Tottenham.

“He can play on the left, where he comes inside and drifts into little pockets between the lines, or he can play off the front. He can score and see a pass to play someone in on goal.”

Kranjcar missed the Birmingham match at the weekend with a slight injury, which was also expected to keep him out of yesterday’s clash with Brighton & Hove Albion.

But he is set to play in this weekend’s trip to Yeovil, alongside fellow new signing Matt Phillips and the impressive Junior Hoilett.

“[Kranjcar] is a fantastic footballer and I’m pleased to have him,” added Redknapp. “He was looking to come here, this transfer dragged on quite a while.

“He wasn’t playing in Ukraine and he’d made it clear that he wanted to come home to London and play here. They left him out, so he wasn’t playing.

“You’ve also got Matt Phillips, who I think is going to be a big player — he’s got pace and ability, all the ingredients — and Junior [Hoilett] has been in good form as well.”
http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/qpr_boss_reveals_taarabt_role_for_kranjcar_1_2

It Is What It Is !!

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:19 - Sep 19 with 2015 viewswombat

when harry when ?

somebody told me he had a groin injury which is why he wasnt playing last night or on the bench ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 1988 viewsJonDoeman

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:19 - Sep 19 by wombat

when harry when ?

somebody told me he had a groin injury which is why he wasnt playing last night or on the bench ?

If you read the article Wombat!!! ;) The journo reckons he'll play Saturday.

It Is What It Is !!

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 1987 viewsQPunkR

God knows we need *someone* playing near Austin. He was left completely adrift yesterday, frequently with no other Rangers players within 20 yards off him.
If we're playing 5 in midfield, one of the CMs needs to be further up the pitch to support the lone striker - I was amazed Arry didn't try and rectify this last night, especially as the game dragged on

QPR - "shit but local"

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 21:35 - Sep 19 with 1835 viewsozranger

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:26 - Sep 19 by JonDoeman

If you read the article Wombat!!! ;) The journo reckons he'll play Saturday.

The journo also says that Hoilett will start as well. Either the journo has no idea or we could have a rather impressive front four.
Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 22:17 - Sep 19 with 1765 viewsNorthernr

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 22:19 - Sep 19 with 1763 viewstimcocking

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 11:19 - Sep 19 by wombat

when harry when ?

Is the groin injury anything to do with playing in the hole?
Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 22:28 - Sep 19 with 1740 viewsAgedR

I've just changed my prediction for Yeovil purely on the basis of this wonderful, unsubstantiated tittle tattle.

3.1 to the Rd now, no problem

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Niko Kranjčar is going to play in the hole.. on 23:01 - Sep 19 with 1683 viewsBklynRanger

If he's playing in the number 10 role why has he got the number 53? And why has Carroll got the number 10? To make him feel nice - I knew it! Kick his face in please Mr Bowles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024