Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away 16:24 - Dec 2 with 1069 viewsRblockPrior

Just phoned the box office to see how many we have sold atm, as we will need all the support we can get up there, was pleasantly surprised we have sold 1076 according to Connor at the box office, very good numbers so far hopefully we can get that to nearer 1500 time the game is played

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 16:31 - Dec 2 with 1050 viewssmegma

In Sept 2001 we took 1,100 there for a Tuesday night game when the ground wasn't as developed as it is now. Brilliant turn out and loads of us stayed over in hotels and took over the seafront. The Bootleg Beatles provided the entertainment off the pitch while 2 goals by Leroy Griffiths sufficed on the pitch. We should double that amount in all fairness but its near Christmas so will probably be circa 1600 like Donny on Saturday.
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 16:46 - Dec 2 with 1014 viewsRangersw12

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 16:31 - Dec 2 by smegma

In Sept 2001 we took 1,100 there for a Tuesday night game when the ground wasn't as developed as it is now. Brilliant turn out and loads of us stayed over in hotels and took over the seafront. The Bootleg Beatles provided the entertainment off the pitch while 2 goals by Leroy Griffiths sufficed on the pitch. We should double that amount in all fairness but its near Christmas so will probably be circa 1600 like Donny on Saturday.

I went to that game , Griffiths scored a cracker if I remember and we drew 2-2 after being 2-0 up .

Anything over 1k up north a week or to before Christmas is excellent support
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 17:04 - Dec 2 with 981 viewsQPR442

We do have a good away support. We are ranked 8th (for away support) in the division at the moment and we will finish about 6th by the end of the season which is fantastic for a club of our size (by that I mean home support and what we take away).
Just goes to show that our club is not full of plastic supporters that only turn up when we are doing well or to home matches.
I always thought that taking 4K to Wycombe on a pre season friendly last year was great especially when Fulham played their on the Saturday before and took 200.
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 903 viewsWatford_Ranger

Flabbergasted we have 1000+ willing and able to fork out to see us at Blackpool ten days before Xmas. Personally going to see how we do this week before deciding after that shambles on Saturday.
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 886 viewsLambourn

All the laughs to be had are all closed out of season. Sod going to a shut town.
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 20:28 - Dec 2 with 776 viewsThGrimRanger

I'm just going for the opportunity to sing my favourite paul ince song.

Over and over.

TheGrimRanger

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 20:34 - Dec 2 with 763 viewsNorthernr

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 20:28 - Dec 2 by ThGrimRanger

I'm just going for the opportunity to sing my favourite paul ince song.

Over and over.

This.
Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 20:40 - Dec 2 with 752 viewsLblock

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 19:03 - Dec 2 by Lambourn

All the laughs to be had are all closed out of season. Sod going to a shut town.

Blackpool is NEVER shut.

Always, always lively.

Gutted I cant go

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 21:36 - Dec 2 with 689 viewsloftboy

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 19:03 - Dec 2 by Lambourn

We played there In February 1990 in the fa cup, probably the best weekend I've ever had at an away game. The best night club at the time was the palace, used to have miss wet tee shirts competitions on the stage, basically local slappers dancing in a shower cubicle showing off their baps! Anyhow that weekend they made it all ticket unless you spoke northern so we chatted up some more local slappers and offered to pay for them to get in if they pretended to be with us, still didn't work so we jumped in a cab and asked to be taken to a club that we could get in, ended up in the biggest dive in the world where the "DJ" was a bloke in a dinner jacket and a drum kit. Got pissed as a fart and was invited by a fellow Ranger who assured us he wasn't there for any trouble to help him sort out a Blackpool mob he had arranged a scrap with by the pier!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 22:10 - Dec 2 with 653 viewsLblock

Please tell me that nightclub was called "Crystals"?!?!?!?

That is almost EXACTLY the same story our mob of 12 tell of that weekend.
I'd never ever seen anything like that town back then and it made my eyes wide to just what great fun could be had back then on "norvern" away weekenders.

Best craics I've had following this club been in places like Blackpool, Leeds, Liverpool, Mancky etc

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 22:20 - Dec 2 with 628 viewsloftboy

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 22:10 - Dec 2 by Lblock

Please tell me that nightclub was called "Crystals"?!?!?!?

That is almost EXACTLY the same story our mob of 12 tell of that weekend.
I'd never ever seen anything like that town back then and it made my eyes wide to just what great fun could be had back then on "norvern" away weekenders.

Best craics I've had following this club been in places like Blackpool, Leeds, Liverpool, Mancky etc

Don't know what the one we ended up at was called but the Palace was the best by a mile, most northern games in the late 80's were the prelude to a weekend of mayhem in Blackpool.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Over 1000 tickets sold for Blackpool away on 22:47 - Dec 2 with 599 viewsLblock

Yes The Palace was always the gaff oop there - like a Hammersmith Palais of the North but far, far, far better
Maybe due to endless groups of Hen Parties

That fateful weekend in 1990 was classic stuff
There was lots of eyes darting around Yates and a bit of trepidation then all of a sudden a booming cry of You Rs! rang out from one bloke and cue the whole pub erupting; if you weren't tucking into a rattler you were singing and enjoying the cheap lager prices. They shut the pub and made the mistake of tipping 300 Rs onto the street; The Tower Ballroom didn't know what hit it!!!
After chaos it was splinter group time and find yourself a nightclub.
Proper good fun and Blackpool became the destination of choice anytime we could dazzle a mob up and Rangers played north of Derby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024