Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. 18:33 - May 24 with 2099 viewsDylanP

Seriously, that was the best red card ever!!

Easier to say afterwards than at the time, but given the outcome … BEST RED CARD EVA!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 00:28 - May 25 with 1855 viewssmegma

He says he meant it and added " I hope the fans don't hate me for it".

F-cking genius.
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 00:40 - May 25 with 1827 viewsWilloW4

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 00:28 - May 25 by smegma

He says he meant it and added " I hope the fans don't hate me for it".

F-cking genius.

Nedum fecked it up and Gary covered his arse by putting that tackle in... Straight red.... Hope the chief buys him a couple tonight...!
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:54 - May 25 with 1798 viewseastside_r

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 11:26 - May 25 with 1667 viewsozranger

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 00:40 - May 25 by WilloW4

Nedum fecked it up and Gary covered his arse by putting that tackle in... Straight red.... Hope the chief buys him a couple tonight...!

You know, I have been thinking about this. When it first came in in the 90s, there was an edict about tackles from behind... not about last man type tackles. The fact that this was a tackle from behind with no intention of taking the ball, in the 90s that was supposed to be an automatic red card. So, I wonder what ever happened to tackle from behind. Further, to my memory, the last man tackle is only one week, while the tackle from behind offence generally gets two weeks.
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 11:57 - May 25 with 1607 viewsDoughnut

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 00:40 - May 25 by WilloW4

Spot on..!
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 14:11 - May 25 with 1514 viewsGloryHunter

Interesting to speculate what would have happened had the red card been three minutes earlier. Would Harry still have brought Bobby Z on?
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 15:30 - May 25 with 1440 viewsGetMeRangers

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 14:11 - May 25 by GloryHunter

Interesting to speculate what would have happened had the red card been three minutes earlier. Would Harry still have brought Bobby Z on?

Fairly sure he wouldnt have
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 15:41 - May 25 with 1407 viewsfrancisbowles

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 14:11 - May 25 by GloryHunter

Probably would have brought on Henry and left Charlie up front. Then maybe Yun would have got on for HIll. Bobby's goal may never have happened.
Login to get fewer ads

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 15:50 - May 25 with 1383 viewscarrotcrunch_R

It was a stupid challenge it was more likely to cost us the game than win it in my opinion but as it happened we had a team that showed us that they have hearts and spirit and battled back and got the lucky break that there togetherness and us as fans deserved .
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 16:43 - May 25 with 1339 viewssaxbend

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 15:50 - May 25 by carrotcrunch_R

It was a stupid challenge it was more likely to cost us the game than win it in my opinion but as it happened we had a team that showed us that they have hearts and spirit and battled back and got the lucky break that there togetherness and us as fans deserved .

He had to act quickly. If he waited and thought about it at all it would have been a penalty and possibly still a red as well. He did the only thing he could do, which was to make the challenge and hope he could get the ball. As much as the red was the correct decision (by Mason of all refs!) Gary made the right call too.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:00 - May 25 with 1321 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I disagree but we won so not gonna argue about it :)
[Post edited 25 May 2014 17:04]
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 17:49 - May 25 with 1273 viewsdavman

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time it looked a shockingly bad decision,a poor and pointless tackle. With 30 mins left, it wouldn't have mattered going 1-0 down. He lucked out, pure and simple, just like Joey two years ago.

Also I wasn't impressed by the substitution for Henry. If you were going to keep Charlie on, he had to be the lone striker, not back in midfield. He made a couple of poor decisions that could have cost us, not that I'm blaming him, but surely one of Austin and Zamora needed to go unless we were planning on keeping two up front?

Still, it looks like I was proved wrong - well done lads!!!!!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 18:29 - May 25 with 1227 viewsSimonStainrod

Calculated and absolutely right decision in context of way the game was going but then I was also in favour of joey trying to take a man city player with him on final prem day haha
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:03 - May 25 with 1181 viewsPinnerPaul

Not a red in my view, Derby player wasn't moving towards goal
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:27 - May 25 with 1151 viewsderbyhoop

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:03 - May 25 by PinnerPaul

I think you're in a very small minority.

Very, very hard to quibble with the decision. He may not have scored but it was a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:30 - May 25 with 1141 viewshamptonhillhoop

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:03 - May 25 by PinnerPaul

I was saying at the time that he was running away from the goal to the left, and also that Hill would have got there. Having seen it on telly I'm still not sure. Conventional opinion is going against us though when even o'neil admits it was a red
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:45 - May 25 with 1117 viewssmegma

F-ck all this speculation.

Derby 0 QPR 1.
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 23:34 - May 25 with 1067 viewsPinnerPaul

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 19:27 - May 25 by derbyhoop

I think you're in a very small minority.

Very, very hard to quibble with the decision. He may not have scored but it was a clear goalscoring opportunity.

yeah, but he HAS to be moving towards goal for it to be a red.

A certain Mr Green who had rather a good view thought the same as me!
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 23:51 - May 25 with 1046 viewseastside_r

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 23:34 - May 25 by PinnerPaul

yeah, but he HAS to be moving towards goal for it to be a red.

A certain Mr Green who had rather a good view thought the same as me!

Inclined to agree with you PP, having seen the highlights last night.

Morally that sort of challenge should be a red (before anyone condemns me, think if that had been the other way), but by the letter of the law there were covering defenders. A marginal decision, but a wrong one IMPO.

I would be interested to hear what Clive and others think having watched the game in its entirety.
BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 09:54 - May 26 with 944 viewsfrancisbowles

BEST. RED. CARD. EVER. on 16:43 - May 25 by saxbend

He had to act quickly. If he waited and thought about it at all it would have been a penalty and possibly still a red as well. He did the only thing he could do, which was to make the challenge and hope he could get the ball. As much as the red was the correct decision (by Mason of all refs!) Gary made the right call too.

I don't think getting the ball was even in his mind. It was more like 'can I just manage to catch his back foot and trip him before he gets in the box'

I don't think the other defenders would have, legally, stopped him getting a shot away so it was a definite red and credit to Mason, for at least consulting the linesman who I think made the decision.

IMHO, the whole last man thing is a nonsense, if a player is cynically tripped when beating the last man, it should be a red. It is blatant tripping.

Not having a go at Gary O'Neil, he did what he thought he had to do in the current culture.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024