Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India recovery 12:20 - Aug 7 with 5671 viewsBlackCrowe

Were 8 for 4, now 19 for 4. Lovely stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

India recovery (n/t) on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 3589 viewsAddinall

India recovery on 12:31 - Aug 7 with 3557 viewsAddinall

Good news.But we don't all have Sky and try to avoid the score to enjoy highlights on channel 5.A plea please for any future posters.Please keep your headline neutral.e.g.Test match,Wow!Then we won't inadvertently read what we don't want to. Enjoy the rest of the game BlackCrowe.
India recovery on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 3523 viewsBlackCrowe

Blimey, there can't be many that hold off listening to test progress so that they can watch 30 minutes of highlights on C5. anyway of course i won't write score updates anymore.

And for the record, I've got TMS on the radio at work. Better than any C5 highlights.

India recovery on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 3501 viewsRangersw12

I use this at work

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/engine/match/667717.html

I won't watch the highlights if England do rubbish so I like to know the score
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 13:03]
India recovery on 12:51 - Aug 7 with 3498 viewsisawqpratwcity

India recovery on 12:31 - Aug 7 by Addinall

Good news.But we don't all have Sky and try to avoid the score to enjoy highlights on channel 5.A plea please for any future posters.Please keep your headline neutral.e.g.Test match,Wow!Then we won't inadvertently read what we don't want to. Enjoy the rest of the game BlackCrowe.

don't worry, bc. i don't have sky either and am interested in progress.

addinall, if you don't want the spoiler, why would you look at the thread?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

India recovery on 13:02 - Aug 7 with 3468 viewsHantsR

http://hdfoots.com/watch/skysports-2-live-streaming.html

Watching on this.

I am grateful to BC for the alert as I had forgotten it was on!

With respect, I'm afraid it's the responsibility of time-shifters to take personal measures to avoid news like the England Cricket score, especially when it's as dramatic as this one. It will surely be mentioned on TV and Radio news bulletins during the day?
India recovery on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 3380 viewswillis1980

Jimmys just got jadeja, happy days!

why anyone would choose to bat first on a wet morning in manchester is beyond me
India recovery on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 3379 viewsDWQPR

That was a bit spooky. SKY just showing a replay on how Anderson got Jedaja out at the Rose Bowl, bowling over the wicket and a ball cutting back to get him plum. Cut back to the live action and exactly the same thing happens.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

India recovery on 14:24 - Aug 7 with 3370 viewsBlackCrowe

Anyone at the Oval next week - i'm there Fri and Sun. With Rs on the Sat, it's the perfect weekend. Not Madame Crowe is of the same opinion.

India recovery on 16:39 - Aug 7 with 3294 viewsMatch82

India recovery on 12:51 - Aug 7 by isawqpratwcity

don't worry, bc. i don't have sky either and am interested in progress.

addinall, if you don't want the spoiler, why would you look at the thread?

Not sure about others, but when I'm looking at the forum page, I can see the headline and first line of text. So without clicking on the thread he probably knew what the score was.

Having said that, I'm in the same boat as you - forgot that the game was on today and this made me turn it on, so worthwhile having these threads, even though they're non-QPR...
India recovery on 17:26 - Aug 7 with 3271 viewsHantsR

Shhh Don't tell Addinall, but England aren't doing that great either!
India recovery on 20:00 - Aug 7 with 3212 viewsderbyhoop

India recovery on 14:20 - Aug 7 by willis1980

Jimmys just got jadeja, happy days!

why anyone would choose to bat first on a wet morning in manchester is beyond me

What do you mean? Beautiful Summers day. For Manchester. Sunshine and
blue skies this evening.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

India recovery on 10:03 - Aug 8 with 3121 viewswillis1980

India recovery on 20:00 - Aug 7 by derbyhoop

What do you mean? Beautiful Summers day. For Manchester. Sunshine and
blue skies this evening.

start was delayed due to rain, heavy cloud cover for ateast half of the day. if you are facing the prospect anderson as an opening bowler in those conditions I would choose to bowl first (if i were dhoni) and hope the weather improves
India recovery on 10:06 - Aug 8 with 3119 viewsMetallica_Hoop

At one point India were 66-6

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

India recovery on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 3086 viewsozexile

Why on earth would we put a night-watchmen in from that position? When are we gonna back ourselves? I think we're the only nation that still use this tactic now.
India recovery on 11:16 - Aug 8 with 3079 viewsBlackCrowe

India recovery on 11:13 - Aug 8 by ozexile

Why on earth would we put a night-watchmen in from that position? When are we gonna back ourselves? I think we're the only nation that still use this tactic now.

The night-watchman strategy makes absolutely no sense to me, never has done.

India recovery on 11:18 - Aug 8 with 3077 viewswillis1980

i agree it seems very old fashioned, some of our night-watchmen have been outscoring the top order recently! So im not sure whos the more valuable aset that requires protection
India recovery on 11:27 - Aug 8 with 3069 viewsozexile

India recovery on 11:16 - Aug 8 by BlackCrowe

Nor me its crazy. If I considered myself a batsman there's no way I'd let a bowler walk out before me.
India recovery on 11:37 - Aug 8 with 3061 viewsAddinall

India recovery on 16:39 - Aug 7 by Match82

Not sure about others, but when I'm looking at the forum page, I can see the headline and first line of text. So without clicking on the thread he probably knew what the score was.

Having said that, I'm in the same boat as you - forgot that the game was on today and this made me turn it on, so worthwhile having these threads, even though they're non-QPR...

My point exactly.
India recovery on 11:47 - Aug 8 with 3044 viewsAddinall

India recovery on 12:44 - Aug 7 by BlackCrowe

Blimey, there can't be many that hold off listening to test progress so that they can watch 30 minutes of highlights on C5. anyway of course i won't write score updates anymore.

And for the record, I've got TMS on the radio at work. Better than any C5 highlights.

Thanks very much BlackCrowe.
India recovery on 12:04 - Aug 8 with 3029 viewsisawqpratwcity

India recovery on 11:37 - Aug 8 by Addinall

My point exactly.

you're right, addinall. even though the post you complained about has now been used for a day by several posters with no addinyall information added to the forum front page. btw, where is your game assessment at now?

but if you still feel your rights infringed...

edit: well stuffed up with wrong link.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 12:15]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

India recovery on 21:40 - Aug 8 with 2956 viewsAddinall

India recovery on 12:04 - Aug 8 by isawqpratwcity

you're right, addinall. even though the post you complained about has now been used for a day by several posters with no addinyall information added to the forum front page. btw, where is your game assessment at now?

but if you still feel your rights infringed...

edit: well stuffed up with wrong link.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 12:15]

Draw due to weather.
India recovery on 22:52 - Aug 8 with 2921 viewsbatmanhoop

can I say, I do love Indian girls, they are beautiful
India recovery on 23:26 - Aug 8 with 2901 viewsderbyhoop

India recovery on 10:03 - Aug 8 by willis1980

start was delayed due to rain, heavy cloud cover for ateast half of the day. if you are facing the prospect anderson as an opening bowler in those conditions I would choose to bowl first (if i were dhoni) and hope the weather improves

See. I told you it was Summer.........

In manchester

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

India recovery on 23:43 - Aug 8 with 2889 viewsCiderwithRsie

India recovery on 11:16 - Aug 8 by BlackCrowe

Night watchmen as a strategy always got on my nerves. I mean, if you think a wicket is likely to fall, why send out an inferior batsman, it just makes it more likely. And if it works then next day you have a guy who can't really bat taking up batting time. Classic example being Jimmy Anderson, whose whole strength as a batsman was in not getting out, so next morning you have in a a guy who can't score.

But I'm quite impressed with Moores sending in Plunkett and now Jordan, both of whom can actually bat a bit. Broad would be best of all IMO because he is more of a classic batsman than either of the others; I believe he started out as a batsman [like Pietersen in reverse] - but I suspect that they wouldn't want to put him in unless he's had a long rest from bowling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024