Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aw crap! 22:15 - Dec 3 with 1965 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Another one gone, RIP Ian Mclagan part of two of London's greatest ever bands and The Rolling Stones. One of the genuinely nice guys

Better wrap Jonesy up in cotton wool.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 22:16]
Aw crap! on 22:19 - Dec 3 with 1942 viewsCamberleyR

Sad news. Top Hammond player and brilliant musician.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Aw crap! on 22:31 - Dec 3 with 1888 viewsOllie23

Small Faces/Faces day tomorrow...RIP
Aw crap! on 22:39 - Dec 3 with 1860 viewsWilloW4

Sad news indeed. Just finished reading 'the faces' book, like everyone he played with he was a real character, a fine musician. RIP.
Aw crap! on 08:36 - Dec 4 with 1723 viewsDiscodroids

i was only talking about' here comes the nice ' with the old man the other day who grew up with marriot in forest gate

dropping blues/purple hearts /bombers at dagenham station and 'the nice' hitting you around mile end on the way to ham yard or the whiskey a go go.

brilliant brilliant musician.

Think he married keith moons ex wife as well?

RIP 'MAC'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Aw crap! on 08:44 - Dec 4 with 1706 viewsDiscodroids

ronnie lanes 'Kuschty rye' written for his band slim chance ,

Mac giving it plenty this year.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2014 8:44]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Aw crap! on 08:54 - Dec 4 with 1687 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

My favourite British band of the 60's

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Aw crap! on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 1601 viewsMonahoop

Aw crap! on 08:54 - Dec 4 by Metallica_Hoop

RIP

My favourite British band of the 60's

Likewise. The Small Faces are among my favourite bands. Tin Soldier, Lazy Sunday, Donkey Rides Penny a Glass,Up the Wooden Hills to Bedfordshire, great songs. Early Faces were good too until Rod went all silly and girlie.
A brilliant keyboard player who did some great session stuff over the years too. Will be missed. RIP.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Aw crap! on 16:18 - Dec 4 with 1507 viewsthemodfather

he was from hounslow!
sad news, just kenney jones left from the small faces
RIP "mac" ....maybe there's a reunion up there with marriott,lane and mac !
Login to get fewer ads

Aw crap! on 18:41 - Dec 4 with 1423 viewsted_hendrix

Steve Marriot could sing, brilliant voice.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Aw crap! on 20:17 - Dec 4 with 1370 viewsFredManRave

Aw crap! on 10:58 - Dec 4 by Monahoop

Likewise. The Small Faces are among my favourite bands. Tin Soldier, Lazy Sunday, Donkey Rides Penny a Glass,Up the Wooden Hills to Bedfordshire, great songs. Early Faces were good too until Rod went all silly and girlie.
A brilliant keyboard player who did some great session stuff over the years too. Will be missed. RIP.

Their Tin Soldier being completely different to the SLF ditty with the same name?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Aw crap! on 20:32 - Dec 4 with 1358 viewsMonahoop

Aw crap! on 18:41 - Dec 4 by ted_hendrix

Steve Marriot could sing, brilliant voice.

Indeed he could. I saw him at a gig at The Half Moon in Putney not long before he died. Still had an amazing voice. One of my favourite gigs.

I heard somewhere recently that the Small Faces were the smallest band height wise among their members. None of them were/are over 5'6". Small fries the lot of them. I remember Marriot was pretty small, but had a big voice.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Aw crap! on 20:40 - Dec 4 with 1341 viewsWilloW4

Aw crap! on 20:17 - Dec 4 by FredManRave

Their Tin Soldier being completely different to the SLF ditty with the same name?!

Indeed Fred... 2 completely different songs of course but jake (SLF) is a small faces /faces fan. Both great tunes.
Aw crap! on 08:31 - Dec 5 with 1254 viewsDiscodroids

one of my favourite pictures from paolo hewitts book 'mods'

@1965.

#aceface

Aw crap! on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 1229 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Ironically his autobiography was recommended to me last week. it would appear though that it's currently £20 odd for a used paperback on Amazon. One for Santa maybe. A genuinely sad loss, one of the good guys indeed.
Aw crap! on 11:07 - Dec 5 with 1211 viewsCamberleyR

Aw crap! on 20:32 - Dec 4 by Monahoop

Indeed he could. I saw him at a gig at The Half Moon in Putney not long before he died. Still had an amazing voice. One of my favourite gigs.

I heard somewhere recently that the Small Faces were the smallest band height wise among their members. None of them were/are over 5'6". Small fries the lot of them. I remember Marriot was pretty small, but had a big voice.

That was part of the reason of getting rid of their original organ player Jimmy Winston (who was several inches taller) and getting Mac in who was the same height as well as being a much superior keyboard player as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024