Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When your friend needs you most 17:43 - May 2 with 3516 viewsessextaxiboy

Is when you put to one side all of their mistakes , all of the times that they let you down and made you look stupid because it runs deeper than that .

Whoever the Manager is , whoever the Owner or the Chairman is , whoever takes the field for us in August this is our Club .

IMO this is a time to stick together , live with whatever comes in the way of fines , relegations, transfers , appointments and carry on .

I for one will be renewing our 3 tickets and look forward to going next season .

The time to walk away is when we are stuck in mid Prem , with nothing at stake , existing as a business only . Then the rollercoaster will have stopped.

Come on u RRRRS
When your friend needs you most on 18:04 - May 2 with 3468 viewsstuabd

For me, I'm just happy to have a few months to forget about this season. Im massively disappointed with the last few months, but I know that after about a month I'll be looking forward to the new season again. As a few new signings arrive, the optimism will start and then it'll be the first day of the season again.

The reality is that if we start well in the championship and play some decent football everything will look a lot better. I've hated the regular international breaks and it'll be good to get more matches in a more competitive league.
When your friend needs you most on 18:13 - May 2 with 3425 viewsHollowayRanger

IF and way Ive been feeling it really Is an if, im alive i'll be back next season as it will be crazy! who will be in charge and what team will we have Christ we cant even be sure of which division we will be in!

we all though derby were the better team last season

we all thought they would walk it this season

they didn't even make playoffs with their fine manager and team

we aint got a real manager or even half a team!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

When your friend needs you most on 18:55 - May 2 with 3382 viewsDorse

We've been let down this year. I was so positive at the start of the season. Didn't like Redknapp but I could ignore that because we looked like playing in a new way, bringing in names who looked totally different to the Samba / Cisse / M'bia / Ji Sun Park brigade. That lasted until Redknapp went completely against all logic, let alone his vaunted purchasing strategy and returned to a stone-age version of 4-4-2 and proceeded to fck up everything.

What I've enjoyed, however, is the fatalistic Galgenhumor that the fans have greeted each episode of this colossal balls-up of a season. We laughed at Sandro's knees, poked fun at Krancjar's appearance, played 'Where's Vargas / Isla / Taraabt?', raged at the continued employment of SWP with increasing creativity and, my favourite, found Taraabt's weight to be a rich vein of humour. In short, QPR fans are able to 'find the funny' in almost every situation. I wouldn't want to be part of any other group of fans.

Championship? Bring it on. All the four year, high earners signed by Warnock / Hughes are out of contract. Redknapp shifted on the others. Tune have waived £60m of loans. Doughty and Furlong should be able to play at Champ level and Robinson is coming back. Just get us a progressive manager, Les, and we'll have a great time next year. We won't necessarily win anything but it'll be a hell of a ride.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

When your friend needs you most on 21:41 - May 2 with 3250 viewsIngham

Interesting way of looking at it, essextaxiboy.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps that puts the Club's dilemma in a nutshell.

Does this mean that it is time for them to behave like faithful friends to QPR?

Is that what they are? Or, if that is too much to expect, if we must recognise that they're just businessmen, maybe it is time to stop treating them as if they are mates, as if they care about QPR, as if THEY - and not the Club's supporters - are the Club's friends.

Isn't it time we began treating them the way other businesses treat their employees? DEMANDING that they do their job.

And linking what they earn to what they're capable of earning for the Club, like any business does. Me, I don't think they should be paid at all when they lose. Then they might be thought to be the Club's friends. They would certainly be of more use than now, if they went week after week without any pay when the Club went week after week without any wins.

With the money saved, the Club could fund the kind of replacements who MIGHT do something for QPR, instead of just for themselves, for a change.

This would be particularly poignant at this time of year. Instead of looking out anxiously for the accounts announcing more vast losses funding nothing in particular, the PLAYERS could spend the long winless weeks and months worrying about THEIR finances, and whether they've performed well enough to make ends meet.

Then, when the end of the season comes, and they've got hardly any money to pay for what THEY need to make their lives comfortable, we can tell THEM not to think of themselves, but to rally round the Club. Why should its supporters, who are always loyal, and who pour enormous sums of money into the Club every year without getting a penny back for themselves, be expected to prove their faithfulness?

Surely the colossal wages they negotiate for themselves are incentive enough to do the job they're paid to do. Maybe not. Maybe no-one tells them they have an obligation to QPR. Worse, maybe no-one tells them they will be the losers if they fail to deliver what they're being paid so handsomely to produce.

But maybe they aren't expected to deliver anything. Just to go through the motions until it is time to move on. They all move on, directors, players and managers, all wealthier for the experience as a rule, while the Club never gets any wealthier at all, just lumbered with the cost of their failures.

Are they all in it together, then? Today, the TV commentators took the Newcastle manager to task for questioning the attitude of his players in public. Not paying them at all when they fail to perform would go a long way to solving that particular dilemma too. Because their failure would not be all downside to the Club. Not if their efforts cost the Club nothing, so a Premiership Club would save tens of millions instead of wasting it on the wrong players who could do nothing to help it.

No doubt nothing of the kind will happen, and they'll just circulate aimlessly round the Clubs, transmitting failure like a notifiable disease, from one hapless outfit to another.

ANd no doubt it won't be them who pay the price, the manager's head will roll, losing his job because he closeted himself away with these posers none of whom will come out and say that it was they, themselves, who were utterly useless and let HIM down all season long.

They'll let him carry the can.

So yours is a moot point, I think, and one that should provoke more discussion than perhaps it will. Do we befriend people who are paid to do a job and never seem to have any idea - or even to bother to find out - how to do it? Or do we befriend the Club and protect it AGAINST the likes of these people?

OK, they're here to make as much money out of QPR as they can. Maybe it is time we applied the same principle to them, treated them solely as a means for QPR to make money. Glamourize TALENT, rather than pretending any nonentity can deliver a performance without it. And if they can't perform at an economic level - low wages to keep the Club profitable when the players are unable to earn more - and pay rising in line with profits - or in line with the talents of much better players - when times are good.

That would certainly be far more friendly to the Club than simply loading themselves onto the wage bill as a cost but never as any kind of asset.

As I say, I think you've outlined what often seems to be an automatic assumption that we are in some way obliged to THEM, and they should expect us to treat them as if they are the Club's Friends.

Perhaps it's time we stopped.

Interesting thread.
When your friend needs you most on 22:09 - May 2 with 3185 viewspaulparker

i like the championship Essex it's a tough but competitive league
We should be getting Warburton( hopefully)
The likes of SWP,Hoilett, Zamora, kranjker , Barton all out of contract
New players & hopefully a new footballing philosophy
A decent kit
A few needle games ie Fulham, Cardiff , Bristol City, Brentford (Maybe)

If we get it right off the pitch , maybe we have something to build on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When your friend needs you most on 11:35 - May 3 with 3017 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

When your friend needs you most on 18:25 - May 3 with 2919 viewsTacticalR

@ Dorse 'What I've enjoyed, however, is the fatalistic Galgenhumor that the fans have greeted each episode of this colossal balls-up of a season. We laughed at Sandro's knees, poked fun at Krancjar's appearance, played 'Where's Vargas / Isla / Taraabt?', raged at the continued employment of SWP with increasing creativity and, my favourite, found Taraabt's weight to be a rich vein of humour. In short, QPR fans are able to 'find the funny' in almost every situation. I wouldn't want to be part of any other group of fans.'

We know how to make our own entertainment here. Let's face it, there's very little to be had watching the football.

Air hostess clique

When your friend needs you most on 18:35 - May 3 with 2903 viewsLblock

When your friend needs you most on 18:55 - May 2 by Dorse

We've been let down this year. I was so positive at the start of the season. Didn't like Redknapp but I could ignore that because we looked like playing in a new way, bringing in names who looked totally different to the Samba / Cisse / M'bia / Ji Sun Park brigade. That lasted until Redknapp went completely against all logic, let alone his vaunted purchasing strategy and returned to a stone-age version of 4-4-2 and proceeded to fck up everything.

What I've enjoyed, however, is the fatalistic Galgenhumor that the fans have greeted each episode of this colossal balls-up of a season. We laughed at Sandro's knees, poked fun at Krancjar's appearance, played 'Where's Vargas / Isla / Taraabt?', raged at the continued employment of SWP with increasing creativity and, my favourite, found Taraabt's weight to be a rich vein of humour. In short, QPR fans are able to 'find the funny' in almost every situation. I wouldn't want to be part of any other group of fans.

Championship? Bring it on. All the four year, high earners signed by Warnock / Hughes are out of contract. Redknapp shifted on the others. Tune have waived £60m of loans. Doughty and Furlong should be able to play at Champ level and Robinson is coming back. Just get us a progressive manager, Les, and we'll have a great time next year. We won't necessarily win anything but it'll be a hell of a ride.

Amen to that.

The sanitized SKY Premiership or the Blue Square Premiership -- I couldn't care less; it's all about a meet up with the lads, humour and a good old day out.
Something Bungle Tone couldn't get his head around when we spoke to him a long time ago and pointed to the lids in our group saying "We just want a decent club for them to follow in our footsteps and do what we've done..."

Not one of our crowd has said they'll jack in their ticket next season.... yet!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

When your friend needs you most on 19:05 - May 3 with 2855 viewsBrixtonR

I think this needs a bit of Randy Van warmer.............

When your friend needs you most on 19:06 - May 3 with 2853 viewsTheBlob

When your friend needs you most on 18:25 - May 3 by TacticalR

@ Dorse 'What I've enjoyed, however, is the fatalistic Galgenhumor that the fans have greeted each episode of this colossal balls-up of a season. We laughed at Sandro's knees, poked fun at Krancjar's appearance, played 'Where's Vargas / Isla / Taraabt?', raged at the continued employment of SWP with increasing creativity and, my favourite, found Taraabt's weight to be a rich vein of humour. In short, QPR fans are able to 'find the funny' in almost every situation. I wouldn't want to be part of any other group of fans.'

We know how to make our own entertainment here. Let's face it, there's very little to be had watching the football.

Yep,it's like the footballing equivalent of The Divine Comedy supporting Queen's Park Rangers.One day we'll reach Paradiso,but it's much more bearable having the pleasant company of fellow sufferers en route through the Inferno.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

When your friend needs you most on 21:10 - May 3 with 2782 viewseccles

When your friend needs you most on 21:41 - May 2 by Ingham

Interesting way of looking at it, essextaxiboy.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps that puts the Club's dilemma in a nutshell.

Does this mean that it is time for them to behave like faithful friends to QPR?

Is that what they are? Or, if that is too much to expect, if we must recognise that they're just businessmen, maybe it is time to stop treating them as if they are mates, as if they care about QPR, as if THEY - and not the Club's supporters - are the Club's friends.

Isn't it time we began treating them the way other businesses treat their employees? DEMANDING that they do their job.

And linking what they earn to what they're capable of earning for the Club, like any business does. Me, I don't think they should be paid at all when they lose. Then they might be thought to be the Club's friends. They would certainly be of more use than now, if they went week after week without any pay when the Club went week after week without any wins.

With the money saved, the Club could fund the kind of replacements who MIGHT do something for QPR, instead of just for themselves, for a change.

This would be particularly poignant at this time of year. Instead of looking out anxiously for the accounts announcing more vast losses funding nothing in particular, the PLAYERS could spend the long winless weeks and months worrying about THEIR finances, and whether they've performed well enough to make ends meet.

Then, when the end of the season comes, and they've got hardly any money to pay for what THEY need to make their lives comfortable, we can tell THEM not to think of themselves, but to rally round the Club. Why should its supporters, who are always loyal, and who pour enormous sums of money into the Club every year without getting a penny back for themselves, be expected to prove their faithfulness?

Surely the colossal wages they negotiate for themselves are incentive enough to do the job they're paid to do. Maybe not. Maybe no-one tells them they have an obligation to QPR. Worse, maybe no-one tells them they will be the losers if they fail to deliver what they're being paid so handsomely to produce.

But maybe they aren't expected to deliver anything. Just to go through the motions until it is time to move on. They all move on, directors, players and managers, all wealthier for the experience as a rule, while the Club never gets any wealthier at all, just lumbered with the cost of their failures.

Are they all in it together, then? Today, the TV commentators took the Newcastle manager to task for questioning the attitude of his players in public. Not paying them at all when they fail to perform would go a long way to solving that particular dilemma too. Because their failure would not be all downside to the Club. Not if their efforts cost the Club nothing, so a Premiership Club would save tens of millions instead of wasting it on the wrong players who could do nothing to help it.

No doubt nothing of the kind will happen, and they'll just circulate aimlessly round the Clubs, transmitting failure like a notifiable disease, from one hapless outfit to another.

ANd no doubt it won't be them who pay the price, the manager's head will roll, losing his job because he closeted himself away with these posers none of whom will come out and say that it was they, themselves, who were utterly useless and let HIM down all season long.

They'll let him carry the can.

So yours is a moot point, I think, and one that should provoke more discussion than perhaps it will. Do we befriend people who are paid to do a job and never seem to have any idea - or even to bother to find out - how to do it? Or do we befriend the Club and protect it AGAINST the likes of these people?

OK, they're here to make as much money out of QPR as they can. Maybe it is time we applied the same principle to them, treated them solely as a means for QPR to make money. Glamourize TALENT, rather than pretending any nonentity can deliver a performance without it. And if they can't perform at an economic level - low wages to keep the Club profitable when the players are unable to earn more - and pay rising in line with profits - or in line with the talents of much better players - when times are good.

That would certainly be far more friendly to the Club than simply loading themselves onto the wage bill as a cost but never as any kind of asset.

As I say, I think you've outlined what often seems to be an automatic assumption that we are in some way obliged to THEM, and they should expect us to treat them as if they are the Club's Friends.

Perhaps it's time we stopped.

Interesting thread.

Unless you apply the non payment for losing rule across all clubs it'll never work. If it was just us we'd never sign another player.
interesting thought tho
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024