Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Bent..... 09:02 - Oct 24 with 1469 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

...... over the coffee table with a rolled up note and a credit card.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-34621987
Marcus Bent..... on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 1456 viewsPommyhoop

Mini blow football?

I've led a sheltered life.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Marcus Bent..... on 09:07 - Oct 24 with 1441 viewsPommyhoop

Just read the article.
So he was playing mini blow football in between cutting up the steaks and chopping the onions
for a family BBQ ??

Marcus Bent..... on 10:31 - Oct 24 with 1268 viewsLblock

"He is believed to have retired from football just before signing for Queens Park Rangers on loan"

These geezers sicken me -- not so much the chang, money boredom and kibbleare a heady mix; it's the "gangsta innit" meat cleavers and all that.
Do you want to break away from that life or embrace it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Marcus Bent..... on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 1152 viewsbosh67

I think this is a more serious story than we are making of it. A lot of players sink into depression and are totally lost after football. This sounds like a classic case.

Yes, they earn obscene money but in some cases their lives are over after football. There are not enough programs to rehabilitate players after their careers finish and with all the money swimming around the game there should be more programs to help players find other things to do when they retire that give them some fulfilment and direction, rather than doing drugs and getting into trouble. That kind of action isn't a life choice, it's someone in serious trouble.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marcus Bent..... on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 1110 viewsPunteR

Marcus Bent..... on 11:04 - Oct 24 by bosh67

I think this is a more serious story than we are making of it. A lot of players sink into depression and are totally lost after football. This sounds like a classic case.

Yes, they earn obscene money but in some cases their lives are over after football. There are not enough programs to rehabilitate players after their careers finish and with all the money swimming around the game there should be more programs to help players find other things to do when they retire that give them some fulfilment and direction, rather than doing drugs and getting into trouble. That kind of action isn't a life choice, it's someone in serious trouble.

Depression or not ,driving about tooled and coked up is asking for trouble.
Its a lifestyle choice.
Agree though , football needs to do more for lads growing up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Marcus Bent..... on 11:27 - Oct 24 with 1059 viewsPommyhoop

After the Clarke Carlisle doco I rang up my sister back in Blighty to look out for my Nephew who was on Exeter's books( he didnt make the cut . ).
She assured me they have classes and stuff for that and then put him on the phone.
He basically laughed at me for being a fat bald square caring uncle.
There will always be those who fall by the wayside..
[Post edited 24 Oct 2015 11:29]

Marcus Bent..... on 11:35 - Oct 24 with 1039 viewsRs_Holy

Marcus Bent..... on 11:14 - Oct 24 by PunteR

Depression or not ,driving about tooled and coked up is asking for trouble.
Its a lifestyle choice.
Agree though , football needs to do more for lads growing up.

My wife (police officer) arrested him on Kingston Bridge for being drunk and disorderly a few years ago, whilst he was still contracted as a footballer.. So maybe it's not so much of a post playing depression thing?
I won't be too judgemental though as having read Paull McGraths autobiography I can understand how complex going from having nothing to everything can be.
Marcus Bent..... on 11:57 - Oct 24 with 973 viewskensalriser

I think that whatever the cause we should treat these things with the same vein-bulging, spittle flecked outrage as we treat most things we don't like or disagree with.

Only Dave B is exempt.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Bent..... on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 869 viewsHayesender

I'm still depressed from watching Marcus Bent prance around the riverside stadium in bright red boots, the game before Warnock came in.

My God, that's gotta rank up there as one of my worst games ever

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024