Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pokemon go 14:23 - Jul 19 with 6181 viewsbob566

ok I'm not up with this phenomena yet but it seems like a lot of people are seriously addicted

pokemon go on 14:27 - Jul 19 with 5567 viewsdaveB

So much misery in the world at the moment that no matter how stupid this game is, it is nice to give people a distraction and something to enjoy for a few hours
pokemon go on 15:57 - Jul 19 with 5487 viewsTonto

if proof were needed that I am now officially old, this game is it - I seriously don't get it.. what is the point of it?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

pokemon go on 16:17 - Jul 19 with 5456 viewsrobith

pokemon go on 15:57 - Jul 19 by Tonto

if proof were needed that I am now officially old, this game is it - I seriously don't get it.. what is the point of it?

What is the point of any game beyond some entertainment and fun?
pokemon go on 16:24 - Jul 19 with 5440 viewssimmo

pokemon go on 15:57 - Jul 19 by Tonto

You could say that about a lot of things, spending a fortune on QPR, included.

Most people 28 and under grew up with Pokemon the same way that I grew up with Thunderbirds, Turtles, Transformers, etc. It's like a modern day dungeons and dragons.

Basically the people behind it have used the latest technology to bring the game/pokemon world to life, which is that there exists hundreds (maybe thousands) of little ‘pocket monsters’ and in the world pokemon is set they are captured and trained to do battle with other people that capture and train them. There are all differnt types with different strengths and weaknesses, etc. This app means you have to literally walk around and ‘find’ these random pokemon that will appear on your screen allowing you the chance to capture them. To encourage this there are 'Pokestops' which are real landmarks and places of interest that when you're near enough, you can take bonus items from to help you capture and heal the Pokemon you find.

I got it originally as my son properly loves Pokemon and he can’t get it on the old phone that we got for him, but I have to say it is kind of fun bowling around on your lunch and having a rare find pop up out of nowhere. Collecting as many as you can and comparing them like being back in school and swapping Panini/Pogs/Marbles, etc.

I don't know why people are moaning, it's getting the gaming generation off their arse and into the real world for starters!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

pokemon go on 16:25 - Jul 19 with 5437 viewshoof_hearted

It's good to give them a game that means walking around. It's also a very efficient form of Darwinism as thick kids are walking in front of trains and cars, apparently.
pokemon go on 16:28 - Jul 19 with 5430 viewsBasingstokeR

It's a bit like "geocaching" but aimed a bit more at kids and nostalgic millenials.

Making Nintendo oodles of money.
pokemon go on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 5408 viewsLongsufferingR

pokemon go on 16:24 - Jul 19 by simmo

Most people 28 and under grew up with Pokemon the same way that I grew up with Thunderbirds, Turtles, Transformers, etc. It's like a modern day dungeons and dragons.

Basically the people behind it have used the latest technology to bring the game/pokemon world to life, which is that there exists hundreds (maybe thousands) of little ‘pocket monsters’ and in the world pokemon is set they are captured and trained to do battle with other people that capture and train them. There are all differnt types with different strengths and weaknesses, etc. This app means you have to literally walk around and ‘find’ these random pokemon that will appear on your screen allowing you the chance to capture them. To encourage this there are 'Pokestops' which are real landmarks and places of interest that when you're near enough, you can take bonus items from to help you capture and heal the Pokemon you find.

I got it originally as my son properly loves Pokemon and he can’t get it on the old phone that we got for him, but I have to say it is kind of fun bowling around on your lunch and having a rare find pop up out of nowhere. Collecting as many as you can and comparing them like being back in school and swapping Panini/Pogs/Marbles, etc.

I don't know why people are moaning, it's getting the gaming generation off their arse and into the real world for starters!

I'll tell you why people are moaning. It's been bad enough getting clattered into ten times a day by people texting, reading or watching TV while walking down busy streets, never mind having them now running round blindly knocking into other people or getting in their way.

I have to say a part of me thinks "good" when I hear somebody has walked under a bus because they are in their own world and couldn't give a toss for anybody else around them.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 16:38]
pokemon go on 17:05 - Jul 19 with 5348 viewssimmo

pokemon go on 16:37 - Jul 19 by LongsufferingR

I'll tell you why people are moaning. It's been bad enough getting clattered into ten times a day by people texting, reading or watching TV while walking down busy streets, never mind having them now running round blindly knocking into other people or getting in their way.

I have to say a part of me thinks "good" when I hear somebody has walked under a bus because they are in their own world and couldn't give a toss for anybody else around them.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 16:38]

[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 17:08]

Login to get fewer ads

pokemon go on 17:22 - Jul 19 with 5303 viewsWatfordR

pokemon go on 22:50 - Jul 19 with 5126 viewsloftboy

pokemon go on 16:24 - Jul 19 by simmo

What the real world where pocket monsters exist!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

pokemon go on 23:52 - Jul 19 with 5074 viewsbob566

I heard it's great for autistic kids and that's fine by me
pokemon go on 00:15 - Jul 20 with 5065 viewsBrightonhoop

Minefields best avoided. Not sure about the arguments about getting kids off the sofa either, without some sense of the surrounding dangers. Surely there's better options.

Anyway. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828
pokemon go on 10:38 - Jul 20 with 4911 viewsLongsufferingR

pokemon go on 17:05 - Jul 19 by simmo

[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 17:08]

Not sure what that means, but if it means I'm a grumpy old cnt who wishes that people would get their heads out of their backsides and watch where they're bleeding going, then I agree.
pokemon go on 11:17 - Jul 20 with 4883 viewswillis1980

great if it gets people that can probably do with the exercise out and about, its just a shame that yet again it involves staring at a screen.
pokemon go on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 4873 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We put up new wi-fi the other day and went around the office testing the signal, it looked like we were playing pokemon
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 11:55]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

pokemon go on 11:33 - Jul 20 with 4859 viewsWokingR

pokemon go on 22:50 - Jul 19 by loftboy

What the real world where pocket monsters exist!

I'll show you a proper pocket monster !
pokemon go on 11:37 - Jul 20 with 4852 viewshoof_hearted

pokemon go on 11:33 - Jul 20 by WokingR

I'll show you a proper pocket monster !

Poke 'em and go?
pokemon go on 11:47 - Jul 20 with 4839 viewsrsonist

pokemon go on 11:58 - Jul 20 with 4817 viewsWokingR

pokemon go on 11:17 - Jul 20 by willis1980

great if it gets people that can probably do with the exercise out and about, its just a shame that yet again it involves staring at a screen.

If only though
My daughter has already figured out that if she does it while sat in the passenger seat driving around, they come up 10 times quicker than if she was walking
pokemon go on 12:24 - Jul 20 with 4784 viewswillis1980

pokemon go on 11:58 - Jul 20 by WokingR

If only though
My daughter has already figured out that if she does it while sat in the passenger seat driving around, they come up 10 times quicker than if she was walking

tell her you need her google maps for directions that should put an end to that
pokemon go on 13:01 - Jul 20 with 4731 viewssimmo

pokemon go on 10:38 - Jul 20 by LongsufferingR

Not sure what that means, but if it means I'm a grumpy old cnt who wishes that people would get their heads out of their backsides and watch where they're bleeding going, then I agree.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Darwinism in action

pokemon go on 20:15 - Jul 20 with 4582 viewstimcocking

Can fcuk right off.
pokemon go on 20:51 - Jul 20 with 4575 viewsmichael67

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

pokemon go on 20:59 - Jul 20 with 4566 viewsDWQPR

pokemon go on 00:15 - Jul 20 by Brightonhoop

Minefields best avoided. Not sure about the arguments about getting kids off the sofa either, without some sense of the surrounding dangers. Surely there's better options.

Anyway. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828

Is that what they call virtual reality gaming?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

pokemon go on 22:26 - Jul 20 with 4513 viewssmegma

pokemon go on 17:22 - Jul 19 by WatfordR

Anyone aged over 16 who plays ANY computer game needs a good slap. I've told my daughter she has 3 years left.

In defence of Pokemon go, she's now a walkaholic instead of a typical teenager a la Kevin & Perry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024