Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we learnt? 19:11 - Apr 17 with 3326 viewsconnell10

Since the rotherham what with all the changes in team personal , diffrent formations, players playing in completely diffrent postions what have we learnt? Im throwing this question out to all the tactics experts on here , who know about all these techincal things! Im just a fan who wants to see my team win and i aint got a scoobys whats going on!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What have we learnt? on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 2739 viewsconnell10

Anything???

What have we learnt? on 19:28 - Apr 17 with 2715 viewsQPR_John

What have we learnt? on 19:21 - Apr 17 by connell10

Anything???

Sorry can't help just as baffled as you
What have we learnt? on 19:31 - Apr 17 with 2685 viewsconnell10

What have we learnt? on 19:28 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

Sorry can't help just as baffled as you

Thanks mate.

What have we learnt? on 19:35 - Apr 17 with 2659 viewsToast_R

That QPR today were FUBAR
What have we learnt? on 19:36 - Apr 17 with 2659 viewsdaveB

We've learnt Morrison isn't what he was before, the back 3/5 is hopeless at defending without Onuoha and hopeless at attacking with Onuoha a on the ball. That We look better when we get men around the front man but that leaves us exposed at the back so a better balance to the midfield is still needed oh and that when Smithies makes a great save don't stand an applaud maybe try and win the second header rather than leaving your keeper on his arse trying to make another save.

So should have learnt plenty
What have we learnt? on 19:51 - Apr 17 with 2613 viewsHarbour

It ain't over till the fat lady sings we learnt that....,

Also learnt we are a mid table side that will probably finish next season in the same league in the same position. Days of spending £5 to £10m on a striker are over and we are finally living within our means

Learnt changing 2-3 Managers every year does not bring you success.
What have we learnt? on 19:57 - Apr 17 with 2589 viewsDejR_vu

What have we learnt? on 19:51 - Apr 17 by Harbour

It ain't over till the fat lady sings we learnt that....,

Also learnt we are a mid table side that will probably finish next season in the same league in the same position. Days of spending £5 to £10m on a striker are over and we are finally living within our means

Learnt changing 2-3 Managers every year does not bring you success.

Or, looking at it another way, consistently making the wrong managerial appointments doesn't bring you success. Watford change managers frequently but seem to be doing just fine.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What have we learnt? on 01:38 - Apr 18 with 2368 viewsTacticalR

We're not very good.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

What have we learnt? on 06:39 - Apr 18 with 2260 viewsparker64

It'll probably be like this next season.
What have we learnt? on 07:15 - Apr 18 with 2212 views18StoneOfHoop

Same As It Ever Was.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

What have we learnt? on 08:28 - Apr 18 with 2091 viewsNZR

What have we learnt? on 19:36 - Apr 17 by daveB

We've learnt Morrison isn't what he was before, the back 3/5 is hopeless at defending without Onuoha and hopeless at attacking with Onuoha a on the ball. That We look better when we get men around the front man but that leaves us exposed at the back so a better balance to the midfield is still needed oh and that when Smithies makes a great save don't stand an applaud maybe try and win the second header rather than leaving your keeper on his arse trying to make another save.

So should have learnt plenty

No we didn't. We looked comfortable earlier in the season with Hall and Lynch at CB - even considering their limited time to form a partnership. This game, we went with on recognized CB, a LB played out of position, Perch (nuff said) and Robinson - who's returning from injury and has barely played for the first team.

"We're hopeless without Ned" is a typical knee jerk reaction.
What have we learnt? on 08:30 - Apr 18 with 2083 viewsHunterhoop

What have we learnt? on 08:28 - Apr 18 by NZR

No we didn't. We looked comfortable earlier in the season with Hall and Lynch at CB - even considering their limited time to form a partnership. This game, we went with on recognized CB, a LB played out of position, Perch (nuff said) and Robinson - who's returning from injury and has barely played for the first team.

Absolute nonsense.

We lost 6-0 at home with Hall and Lynch at centre half. You're rewriting history to fit your agenda. Very on trend of you, though.
What have we learnt? on 08:37 - Apr 18 with 2069 viewsNZR

What have we learnt? on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Absolute nonsense.

We lost 6-0 at home with Hall and Lynch at centre half. You're rewriting history to fit your agenda. Very on trend of you, though.

Very on trend? Almost as laughable as your knee jerk reaction.
What have we learnt? on 08:44 - Apr 18 with 2055 views2Thomas2Bowles

That apart from a short lived purple patch Washington is a poor striker.

That Morrison is washed up at 24.

That we have very good players in Smithies, Freeman and Manning with Furlong and Luongo starting to be good players.

Smith could be a good number 9 but he needs a partner and we have no one at the club to fill that role

Lou Lou could be a good signing if he can stay fit.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:44]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What have we learnt? on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 2035 viewsbosh67

The main thing is don't let the players wander off during an International break. Line up a series of competitive games behind closed doors during the breaks. Keep them sharp. Every time we come back and play poorly. That has to change.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What have we learnt? on 09:03 - Apr 18 with 2010 viewsSimonJames

We've learned that:
- 18 teams have won more games than us,
- only 6 teams have scored less goals than us,
- it's possible to concede 59 goals at this point in the season and still be 3rd in the Championship (i.e. Reading)

...I'm guessing that perhaps we need to tighten up a bit defensively and score more goals.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What have we learnt? on 09:47 - Apr 18 with 1952 viewsdaveB

What have we learnt? on 08:28 - Apr 18 by NZR

Not sure we did look comfortable with them two at the back earlier in the season, they didn't play that often together as Lynch was injured most of the time
What have we learnt? on 09:50 - Apr 18 with 1946 viewsHunterhoop

What have we learnt? on 09:47 - Apr 18 by daveB

Not sure we did look comfortable with them two at the back earlier in the season, they didn't play that often together as Lynch was injured most of the time

And we conceded 6 goals at home with them playing together. "Comfortable" feels like a fairly inappropriate word to describe their partnership thus far.
What have we learnt? on 09:51 - Apr 18 with 1944 viewsWadR

What have we learnt? on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Absolute nonsense.

It was Hall and Caulker against Newcastle. Lynch didn't play.

That's not to say I disagree with you. I rate Onuoha and Hall as our best two centrehalves.

I think with a defence, the most important thing is continuity of shape and selection. Especially at this level. We've played umpteen different defensive formations, with umpteen different permutations of players - often changing them several times within the same game, so it's hardly a surprise we can't keep a clean sheet.

I think we've learnt in recent games that Ollie needs to decide if he wants to play 4 or 5 at the back next season and stick with it for a prolonged period. We had success January through March playing that 5-3-2/4-3-3 because, although it was a little reactive, it had a clear shape and game plan the players could execute.

If Holloway wants to play 5 at the back, I think you've got to question a) Do we have the wingbacks for it? b) Are our centrebacks comfortable enough on the ball to play it? Personally, I think the answer to a) is no and b) a borderline yes. Bidwell doesn't have the acceleration or consistent crossing ability to be an asset at wing back - he had success dovetailing with Shodipo earlier in the season and I think he needs a winger in front of him as he just doesn't have the deftness to be an attacking threat as a winger. Perch isn't a wingback, Furlong may develop into one - but I think he's certainly more of a fullback as things stand and too early to say about Robinson.

I don't mind experimentation, but I think we're handicapping ourselves by playing so many different systems in different (or even the same) games. Best teams at this level - Brighton, Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle - play with a pretty consistent shape game to game.
What have we learnt? on 10:07 - Apr 18 with 1915 viewsdaveB

We don't have the wing backs to play 5 at the back but also we don't have a strong enough to defence to play just 2 centre halves so it's not ideal really.
What have we learnt? on 10:17 - Apr 18 with 1886 viewsTacticalR

What have we learnt? on 08:48 - Apr 18 by bosh67

The main thing is don't let the players wander off during an International break. Line up a series of competitive games behind closed doors during the breaks. Keep them sharp. Every time we come back and play poorly. That has to change.

Is electronic tagging the answer?

Air hostess clique

What have we learnt? on 10:18 - Apr 18 with 1883 viewsJamesB1979

I think the 3 center backs individually are good enough to form a decent 2 man center back partnership. Not going to comment on which 2 are best in my view. I think they just need to be organized better. Answer is not to go out and buy all the time. Coach them better. Make sure it's simple and everyone knows what they're doing. Full backs are the weak point but I think defensively Bidwell and Perch again with right coaching and organization could form a solid back 4.

Other things I notice is that What we really lack is some physicality in the midfield and a genuine creative spark. Also need to stop playing players for 45 mins or 1 game and then saying, they are not good enough. Also, for the love of god can we just a play a nice organized formation where we stick to it for majority of the game and as a team everyone knows what they are doing.
What have we learnt? on 10:23 - Apr 18 with 1863 viewsWadR

What have we learnt? on 10:07 - Apr 18 by daveB

We don't have the wing backs to play 5 at the back but also we don't have a strong enough to defence to play just 2 centre halves so it's not ideal really.

I think a 4 at the back with Onuoha and Hall would be fine if it had enough protection from midfield.

Our Championship winning defence was normally Connolly and Gorkss and we kept something like 22 clean sheets! I think the division was a bit weaker then, but mostly it's because we had Derry and, to a lesser extent, Faurlin doing a lot of protecting of the space in front of the CBs.

Hell, even last season our defensive record in the second half of the season was much better than this year's - often with Hall and Onuoha starting at centreback together because we had an actual defensive midfielder playing in Karl Henry.

Edit- not for one second advocating a return of Henry
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 10:25]
What have we learnt? on 10:34 - Apr 18 with 1840 viewsdaveB

What have we learnt? on 10:23 - Apr 18 by WadR

I think a 4 at the back with Onuoha and Hall would be fine if it had enough protection from midfield.

Our Championship winning defence was normally Connolly and Gorkss and we kept something like 22 clean sheets! I think the division was a bit weaker then, but mostly it's because we had Derry and, to a lesser extent, Faurlin doing a lot of protecting of the space in front of the CBs.

Hell, even last season our defensive record in the second half of the season was much better than this year's - often with Hall and Onuoha starting at centreback together because we had an actual defensive midfielder playing in Karl Henry.

Edit- not for one second advocating a return of Henry
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 10:25]

That back 4 under Warnock had Derry and Faurlin protecting it which really helped, Hall has done that role well this season and we've looked solid when thats happened but without him we look vulnerable to say the least
What have we learnt? on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 1829 viewssimmo

Difficult one, I think all 3 of our CM's look a lot better with Hall behind them, giving licence to attack and get forwards. The issue with that is having to either play 3 CB's with Hall stepping up (which means wing backs or dropping the likes of Wzsolek too deep), or dropping/playing out of position one of Manning, Luongo or Freeman. We have 3 excellent central midfielders but not the attacking full backs to play so narrow or the strikers to play 1 up top.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024