Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 19:30 - Aug 26 with 7325 viewsDubaiR

Thought we played well first half, Smithies didn't have a save to make. Their goal was Caulker taking too long on the ball, played Ned into trouble who played Smithies in to trouble. Washington just busy but not good enough in my opinion. We played ok and cardiff didn't look anything special
Just Back on 19:53 - Aug 26 with 5232 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thought we were good until that calamitous equaliser. I'll have to see a replay but at the time I blamed Caulker who got worse as the game went on and again looked simply weak physically.

After the equaliser I thought it was poor and the second half was woeful. Had Mackie's shot that clipped the post gone in just before their second perhaps it would have been a different story as I didn't think Cardiff were all that but we were lucky to finish only a goal down. One sublime Smithies save in each half.

But- how the fk did Yeni not score at the end?
Just Back on 20:27 - Aug 26 with 5051 viewsVancouverHoop

It was the best save Cardiff's keeper made. I thought he was weak for most of the match, especially on crosses (he really needs those big CBs in front of him) but that was a very good save. He had to track the shot across and through a crowded goalmouth,* but managed to stay with it and turn it around the post.

*If he had missed it there was a good chance Yeni's shot would have hit Sylla who was flinging himself across the goal-line behind the keeper.
Just Back on 20:34 - Aug 26 with 5004 viewsLongsufferingR

2 cckups for the first goal - Caulker should have played it back early but when he got in trouble and Ned came over, he should have just booted it into touch rather then trying the backpass. Had they not equalised so soon, could have been a very different game.

Washington a big disappointment for me today. Couldn't hold the ball, find a teammate or threaten the defenders at all.

Still, not too disheartened overall.
Just Back on 20:54 - Aug 26 with 4903 viewsDubaiR

Agree on Conor, offers a lot of running and not much else, Sylla should have been for him and not Mackie
Smithies - 7 Some good saves, was played into danger for goal
Furlong - 7 Best game see him have
Ned - 6 was solid bar the back pass
Caulker - 5 Weak
Bidwell - 6 average
Scowen - 7 what a find
Freeman - 7 back to his normal self after Hull game
Luongo - 6 started well faded
Mackie - 6 busy
Smith - 6 took goal well but not much else
Conor - 5 no goal threat at all
Just Back on 20:57 - Aug 26 with 4879 viewsDWQPR

Just Back on 19:53 - Aug 26 by Watford_Ranger

Thought we were good until that calamitous equaliser. I'll have to see a replay but at the time I blamed Caulker who got worse as the game went on and again looked simply weak physically.

After the equaliser I thought it was poor and the second half was woeful. Had Mackie's shot that clipped the post gone in just before their second perhaps it would have been a different story as I didn't think Cardiff were all that but we were lucky to finish only a goal down. One sublime Smithies save in each half.

But- how the fk did Yeni not score at the end?

How I saw it. Will say that I really am getting frustrated with Luongo. He needs to get further up the field and support the forwards. Hangs back too often. We committed suicide in the first half toady with that goal and quite frankly Cardiff could have had four in the end.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 21:05 - Aug 26 with 4812 viewsVancouverHoop

Just Back on 20:54 - Aug 26 by DubaiR

Agree on Conor, offers a lot of running and not much else, Sylla should have been for him and not Mackie
Smithies - 7 Some good saves, was played into danger for goal
Furlong - 7 Best game see him have
Ned - 6 was solid bar the back pass
Caulker - 5 Weak
Bidwell - 6 average
Scowen - 7 what a find
Freeman - 7 back to his normal self after Hull game
Luongo - 6 started well faded
Mackie - 6 busy
Smith - 6 took goal well but not much else
Conor - 5 no goal threat at all

Agree on Furlong, probably our MoM. I'm pretty sure Warnock moved Hoilett to the opposite wing to get away from him. Very unlucky card I thought. Otherwise didn't appear to put a foot wrong. Bodes well for us, particularly as Perch is going to be out for extended period.
Just Back on 21:16 - Aug 26 with 4717 viewsBrazilNutR

Just watched the highlights, I wouldn't put any blame on Caulker for the first goal myself, Ned came across and was suddenly in a better position to put the ball out of touch, so Caulker let him take it, and he then decided to play a ridiculously risky back pass...
Just Back on 21:19 - Aug 26 with 4690 viewsDubaiR

It doesn't show the seconds before that when Caulker could have played it out
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 21:39 - Aug 26 with 4596 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back on 21:16 - Aug 26 by BrazilNutR

Just watched the highlights, I wouldn't put any blame on Caulker for the first goal myself, Ned came across and was suddenly in a better position to put the ball out of touch, so Caulker let him take it, and he then decided to play a ridiculously risky back pass...

The highlight was kind on Caulker as it didn't include the age he spent fannying about with it before the backpass. Onuoha's part in it didn't seem so bad at the time.
Just Back on 21:59 - Aug 26 with 4485 viewsDesertBoot

Listening to Olly's post match comment, you'd think Caulker had a fantastic match. He is also likely to play alot more in the future...will it finally happen for him here? Who knows but he looks mentally and physically shot.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Just Back on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 4391 viewsDubaiR

Hoping it's just lack of game time and will get better as right now he looks a million miles away and very fragile, confidence was shot after they scored. Ned's back pass was poor but he actually had a good game otherwise
Just Back on 22:47 - Aug 26 with 4265 viewsNeil_SI

I thought we played ok, but we made some costly mistakes with the way we defended both of their goals and were duly punished for it. It was similar to the performance at Norwich, where there were a lot of “what ifs” involved.

I thought Freeman was excellent and really got about the pitch, not just offensively but defensively where he won numerous tackles. He was the stand out player in terms of consistency over 90 minutes, but I thought Scowen was good in bursts and Luongo had a very decent first-half but a lukewarm second.

Unfortunately I don’t think Washington had any success in terms of his hold up play and practically gave away possession on every occasion he had it, however, having said that, once he was replaced it didn’t really improve things a great deal.

On a positive note, some of our balls into Matt Smith were better than in previous matches and we found him with diagonals that were a lot more threatening and his goal, which was very well taken, was also a result of that.

Credit to Smithies as well for a couple of outstanding saves, the one that led to the corner that they scored the winner from was absolutely top drawer.

But, the real shame was just how rattled and ragged we became after the mistake for the equaliser, and then how poorly we started the second half. We did slowly come back into it, but we just didn’t quite maintain our levels and therefore couldn’t really build on the first half appropriately. However, you can’t complain about the effort, it was certainly there and we pretty much competed and were always in the match even if Cardiff went close to extending their lead.

I was a bit concerned after our substitutions because they seemed to unsettle the shape and balance of the side and I genuinely couldn’t work out who was supposed to be playing where for several minutes at a time, but then we did nearly equalise right at the death too.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 23:50]
Just Back on 23:46 - Aug 26 with 4068 viewsted_hendrix

Just Back on 22:47 - Aug 26 by Neil_SI

I thought we played ok, but we made some costly mistakes with the way we defended both of their goals and were duly punished for it. It was similar to the performance at Norwich, where there were a lot of “what ifs” involved.

I thought Freeman was excellent and really got about the pitch, not just offensively but defensively where he won numerous tackles. He was the stand out player in terms of consistency over 90 minutes, but I thought Scowen was good in bursts and Luongo had a very decent first-half but a lukewarm second.

Unfortunately I don’t think Washington had any success in terms of his hold up play and practically gave away possession on every occasion he had it, however, having said that, once he was replaced it didn’t really improve things a great deal.

On a positive note, some of our balls into Matt Smith were better than in previous matches and we found him with diagonals that were a lot more threatening and his goal, which was very well taken, was also a result of that.

Credit to Smithies as well for a couple of outstanding saves, the one that led to the corner that they scored the winner from was absolutely top drawer.

But, the real shame was just how rattled and ragged we became after the mistake for the equaliser, and then how poorly we started the second half. We did slowly come back into it, but we just didn’t quite maintain our levels and therefore couldn’t really build on the first half appropriately. However, you can’t complain about the effort, it was certainly there and we pretty much competed and were always in the match even if Cardiff went close to extending their lead.

I was a bit concerned after our substitutions because they seemed to unsettle the shape and balance of the side and I genuinely couldn’t work out who was supposed to be playing where for several minutes at a time, but then we did nearly equalise right at the death too.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 23:50]

Thanks for the write up Neil and you other blokes too.

Disappointing to read about Washington though, he's been here long enough now and if i'm honest he isn't up to scratch and has been a bit of a let down for me, i'll give any Rangers player a 'free pass' for the odd crap game, I've seen him play enough times to draw my own opinion and my opinion is he should be sent out on loan to League 1.
Who the hell would replace him gawd knows but we need more goal threat from the bloke than we're getting.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just Back on 06:56 - Aug 27 with 3682 viewsRs_Holy

Just Back on 23:46 - Aug 26 by ted_hendrix

Disappointing to read about Washington though, he's been here long enough now and if i'm honest he isn't up to scratch and has been a bit of a let down for me, i'll give any Rangers player a 'free pass' for the odd crap game, I've seen him play enough times to draw my own opinion and my opinion is he should be sent out on loan to League 1.
Who the hell would replace him gawd knows but we need more goal threat from the bloke than we're getting.

We don't have striker capable of more than around 10-12 goals in a season.
Conor - will run all day for you but just isn't a natural striker. His positional play is poor too.
Yeni - Not a striker. Takes the wrong option most of the time.
Cilla - No physical presence. Workrate has been questioned although I think it is much improved this season.
Smithy - good target man but tends to look really tired when he plays 90 mins.
Grego Cox - not ready yet. Try him on loan at league 1 club.
Mackie - plenty of experience, puts himself about but not a natural striker.

Out of that lot I'd give Cilla and Smith a go together. Mackie as a back up.
Just Back on 07:01 - Aug 27 with 3675 viewsjonno

Just Back on 23:46 - Aug 26 by ted_hendrix

Agree. Washington is not really up to it at this level IMHO, unfortunately.
Just Back on 07:34 - Aug 27 with 3610 viewsToast_R

Did Hoilett tear us a new one?
Just Back on 07:37 - Aug 27 with 3602 viewseghamranger

Just Back on 07:01 - Aug 27 by jonno

Agree. Washington is not really up to it at this level IMHO, unfortunately.

Shame we can't get a loanee in before the window shuts.. A youngster that wants to play regularly. Even Grego-cox .

Why does Holloway persist in playing him every week.?!?
Just Back on 08:02 - Aug 27 with 3514 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just Back on 07:34 - Aug 27 by Toast_R

Did Hoilett tear us a new one?

Not really. He was a million times better than he was in 99% of his games for us but Furlong was doing a good job on him to the point he switched wings. Thought the other winger of theirs was better.

The 'shush' celebration was a bit lame I thought given what an easy ride he got from our support due to one poor cross at Wembley.
Just Back on 08:13 - Aug 27 with 3486 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just Back on 07:37 - Aug 27 by eghamranger

Shame we can't get a loanee in before the window shuts.. A youngster that wants to play regularly. Even Grego-cox .

Why does Holloway persist in playing him every week.?!?

Because he runs around a lot like Mackie. Both are woeful footballers though...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just Back on 08:15 - Aug 27 with 3479 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just Back on 06:56 - Aug 27 by Rs_Holy

We don't have striker capable of more than around 10-12 goals in a season.
Conor - will run all day for you but just isn't a natural striker. His positional play is poor too.
Yeni - Not a striker. Takes the wrong option most of the time.
Cilla - No physical presence. Workrate has been questioned although I think it is much improved this season.
Smithy - good target man but tends to look really tired when he plays 90 mins.
Grego Cox - not ready yet. Try him on loan at league 1 club.
Mackie - plenty of experience, puts himself about but not a natural striker.

Out of that lot I'd give Cilla and Smith a go together. Mackie as a back up.

Christ! How pis s weak does that goalscoring threat look?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just Back on 08:32 - Aug 27 with 3426 viewsRs_Holy

Just Back on 08:15 - Aug 27 by Northolt_Rs

Christ! How pis s weak does that goalscoring threat look?

Oh for a Gallen, Furlong or even an Andy Thomson!
Just Back on 09:04 - Aug 27 with 3320 viewsBushRanger82

We played fairly well against a high flying Cardiff team, but really didn't see anything to justify Holloway's throwing the game against Brentford in the cup.
We go in to the international break off the back of 2 consecutive defeats.
I'm told by the eternal optimists that in September we have 'easier' games and we'll do better.
To my mind though, a disorganised, shambolic defence, will be a Godsend to many of those we play if the problem is not dealt with and fast.
Just Back on 09:24 - Aug 27 with 3244 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just Back on 09:04 - Aug 27 by BushRanger82

We played fairly well against a high flying Cardiff team, but really didn't see anything to justify Holloway's throwing the game against Brentford in the cup.
We go in to the international break off the back of 2 consecutive defeats.
I'm told by the eternal optimists that in September we have 'easier' games and we'll do better.
To my mind though, a disorganised, shambolic defence, will be a Godsend to many of those we play if the problem is not dealt with and fast.

Well when you look at the fixtures you don't need to be an "eternal optimist" to see they are easier than the ones we had in August.
Let's face it, the injuries to three of our defenders don't help.
Just Back on 09:45 - Aug 27 with 3172 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 09:24 - Aug 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Well when you look at the fixtures you don't need to be an "eternal optimist" to see they are easier than the ones we had in August.
Let's face it, the injuries to three of our defenders don't help.

The Championship is a tough old league, and if you look at the corresponding fixtures last season, we only won 1, Ipswich at home.
Millwall and Middlesbrough aren't easy fixtures in my book.
I hope we do as well in the league in September, as we did in August, but it's far from being as cut and dried as some think it will.
Just Back on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 3056 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just Back on 09:45 - Aug 27 by BushRanger82

The Championship is a tough old league, and if you look at the corresponding fixtures last season, we only won 1, Ipswich at home.
Millwall and Middlesbrough aren't easy fixtures in my book.
I hope we do as well in the league in September, as we did in August, but it's far from being as cut and dried as some think it will.

Well we didn't have those fixtures last season v boro or millwall so that's not a valid comparison really is it?

I'm not sure anyone's saying it's cut and dried either. Most of us have supported us long enough to never take things for granted!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024