Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening 18:04 - Jan 7 with 2673 viewsOldPedro

Based on the book by Michael Calvin which has been mentioned on here a few times

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 18:52 - Jan 7 with 2600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Pedro, I don't have BT Sport but will try to get a hold of it down the road.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 19:57 - Jan 7 with 2537 viewsOldPedro

Just finished watching the programme - some interesting stuff (although could have done without Joey Barton being in it). I'm guessing it didn't cover all of the points in the book as it was only just over an hour long, so will still try to get hold of a copy.

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 23:41 - Jan 7 with 2389 viewsdaveB

really interesting programme, I liked Wengers idea that every player aged 15-17 gets the same money regardless of club so parents would pick the best clubs to help their kids rather than follow the money.

My son's team have lost 2 players in the last year to academies, both very good players but at 8 years old they'd have been better off enjoying football with mates rather than non stop coaching and a lot less fun.

One of my mates kids is 6 and had trials and offered places in academy at QPR, Arsenal, Wycombe, Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon. the parents heads are all over the place and their kids are at various academies almost every day, the chance of them having an actual childhood is impossible. They have a real dilema in not wanting to deny their kids these opportunities but knowing it probably won't go anywhere
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 2220 viewsOldPedro

There is also this discussion from BT Sport - Lampard seems to want to blame any shortcomings on the parents.

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 2196 viewsdaveB

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:36 - Jan 8 by OldPedro

There is also this discussion from BT Sport - Lampard seems to want to blame any shortcomings on the parents.

not quite what he says, he has a very good point about the parents, anyone who watches kids football will tell you the same thing
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:53 - Jan 8 with 2179 viewsNorthernr

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:47 - Jan 8 by daveB

not quite what he says, he has a very good point about the parents, anyone who watches kids football will tell you the same thing

Yeh parents a big problem, but to completely wash his hands of Chelsea and the way they stockpile kids is poor.
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 2144 viewsdaveB

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 10:53 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Yeh parents a big problem, but to completely wash his hands of Chelsea and the way they stockpile kids is poor.

big issue for parents is what they get promised by clubs, I don't have the issue others have as my sons not brilliant at football but the things being promised to my mate and his misses for their 6 year old is ridiculous and would take a very strong person to not give in
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 12:17 - Jan 8 with 2107 viewsAshdown_Ranger

A friend's son was signed by Fulham at 12.

Went 'full time' in their education program and parents moved house to London (we're around 45 miles south of London).

Massive commitment by them, but he was shown the door at 16.

Family moved back this way and he's now at Lewes.

I think the parents took it harder than he did - the father having been a West Ham trialist in his day.
Login to get fewer ads

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 15:40 - Jan 8 with 2035 viewsstevec

Would have thought the answer is professional clubs not allowed to sign kids on until 14 at earliest.

As for Wengers idea, you would imagine kids (or parents) will always gravitate to the biggest club anyway. Can't see that changing things much.
No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 15:45 - Jan 8 with 2028 viewsdaveB

No Hunger in Paradise on BT Sport 2 at 6:30 this evening on 15:40 - Jan 8 by stevec

Would have thought the answer is professional clubs not allowed to sign kids on until 14 at earliest.

As for Wengers idea, you would imagine kids (or parents) will always gravitate to the biggest club anyway. Can't see that changing things much.

The best will still go to the big clubs but it would help to stop clubs stock piling players as people would be making sporting rather than financial decisions so being in an academy with 30 players at your age range won't be as appealing if you are not getting big money
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024