Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traore 13:49 - Jan 21 with 5186 viewsPetros

Er, does he always play like that? Why isn't he in the Premier league?
Traore on 13:53 - Jan 21 with 4194 viewsHunterhoop

My thoughts exactly. Best player I've seen all season.

Can't understand how Boro were only 9th going into the game...with that squad especially!! Does not reflect well on Monk at all. They were comfortably the best side we've played all season.
Traore on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 4146 viewsBakes

He was outstanding, one of the best players I’ve seen at HQ in a while, second only to Shelvey single handedly destroying us for Newcastle last season, his pace had our defence spooked all day, poor old Robbo really struggled. His legs are as thick as oak trees, built like a body builder, stamina and pace he fully deserved his goal. Amazed that a prem team hasn’t taken him yet. He started his career at Barcelona and you could see that he was a class apart. We can only dream of having a player like that, we would have him playing RB anyway.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Traore on 14:16 - Jan 21 with 4127 viewsstevec

Traore on 13:53 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Can't understand how Boro were only 9th going into the game...with that squad especially!! Does not reflect well on Monk at all. They were comfortably the best side we've played all season.

The trouble is every team that comes down here and beats us looks like the best side we've played this season only to go on to a succession of results that typified the rest of their season.

We are a soft touch to any team that can run and pass at the same time.
Traore on 14:17 - Jan 21 with 4124 viewsNorthernr

Traore on 14:16 - Jan 21 by stevec

The trouble is every team that comes down here and beats us looks like the best side we've played this season only to go on to a succession of results that typified the rest of their season.

We are a soft touch to any team that can run and pass at the same time.

Except that we've beaten Wolves, Sheff Utd and Cardiff at home this season and drawn with Bristol City - four of the top six. So that's not true is it?
Traore on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 4041 viewsloneranger1

Traore on 13:53 - Jan 21 by Hunterhoop

Unreal - did I see on another thread that he hadn't scored in 50 games or something like that?!

Have to say that when the team sheet was read out before the game I thought ''sounds like a Premiership squad player (at least)'' with every Boro player. Once they went a goal up, the win never really looked in doubt.

I was still hoping we could nick a goal back at 2-0 down but we couldn't really come close.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit the other team was a class apart. They've got to at least make the playoffs (and maybe 2nd behind Wolves?) now Pulis has them organised, surely?
Traore on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 4016 viewsdaveB

Boro fans in the pub were saying he has a game like they once every 2 months where he unplayable and is then injured or crap for the rest of the time, a very frustrating player who should be a lot better than what he produces
Traore on 16:52 - Jan 21 with 3920 viewssmegma

Traore on 15:19 - Jan 21 by daveB

Boro fans in the pub were saying he has a game like they once every 2 months where he unplayable and is then injured or crap for the rest of the time, a very frustrating player who should be a lot better than what he produces

That's his first goal in England in his third season covering two clubs. So the Boro fans should know.
Traore on 17:07 - Jan 21 with 3897 viewsBoston

Is his contract about to expire?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Traore on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 3866 viewsLongsufferingR

He was in the PL with Villa wasn't he? I think we've all seen dozens of players like that over the years who are capable of destroying you one week but can then be lazy/injured/uninterested most of the time. Outstanding yesterday but if he was doing it every week, Barcelona wouldn't have sold him.
Traore on 17:55 - Jan 21 with 3824 viewsOnlyMe

Traore on 16:52 - Jan 21 by smegma

That's his first goal in England in his third season covering two clubs. So the Boro fans should know.

He's more of a midfielder/winger than forward but surely some of you watch the TV highlights of the Championship where he has often been shown doing things above normal Championship level? Such things are, though, usually wasted when a player's team-mates aren't at it. And Middlesbro's players have pretty much all under-performed so far this season.

As for "playing in the Prem" --- he was --- only last season? Under contract, Boro kept him on looking for quick return etc etc --- question answered.

And the last time we "had a player like him" was when we had Kyle Walker who, though being defensively "interesting" at times had that blinding speed that usually got him (and others) out of trouble while creating at the other end. Possibly our most notable loan-signing ever --- IMO.
Traore on 18:33 - Jan 21 with 3753 viewsNortholt_Rs

Because he doesn’t play against shyte like us every week.....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Traore on 18:38 - Jan 21 with 3741 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We're not capable of winning every week. Our club know it. Other clubs know it. We know it. The players know it. I reckon they'll have a proper go at Bristol City next week. Like we have at all the games I've been to lately. Might not win mind.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Traore on 19:10 - Jan 21 with 3677 viewsJigsore

can be such a nice player to watch and make professional footballers look like toddlers. just not very often. the most damning indictment of Traore imo is that Barcelona got rid of him while Guardiola was there - even he didn't think he was able of making him into a consistently good player

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Traore on 19:48 - Jan 21 with 3617 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Traore on 18:33 - Jan 21 by Northolt_Rs

Tell that to Wolves, Sheff Utd, Cardiff and Bristol who are all above Boro but failed to beat us.
Traore on 19:49 - Jan 21 with 3613 viewsNoDiddley

Pace 'The final frontier' always & always players with speed stick out & then the pace goes.
Aaron Lennon silky smooth, wibble wobble & now at the arse end of his career.
Next up Zaha & Bolashie ripped the rse out of us a couple of years back but wait until 'the pace' goes. Wingers with 'pace' have a short lived career bring on Pav for us & there are 100's more like him.
Traore on 23:22 - Jan 21 with 3456 viewsisawqpratwcity

Traore on 14:17 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Except that we've beaten Wolves, Sheff Utd and Cardiff at home this season and drawn with Bristol City - four of the top six. So that's not true is it?

Exactly. And yet you made fun of the Latin div who said this team should be pushing for promotion.

It isn't that we can't perform well, it's just that we usually don't. I have no trouble giving credit to Holloway when we have a working plan and every player is fired up and taking it to the opposition. The problem is the litany of excuses deflecting criticism when that doesn't happen. Take the blinkers off and see that, most of the time, Holloway is just not very good.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Traore on 12:25 - Jan 22 with 3239 viewsPinnerPaul

Traore on 18:33 - Jan 21 by Northolt_Rs

So his previous 50 games where he hasn't scored have ALL been against great teams then?

I presume Boro and he have played Burton, Birmingham and Sunderland in that time, to name 3 - so bit of a silly remark really.
Traore on 22:21 - Jan 22 with 3083 viewsNortholt_Rs

Traore on 12:25 - Jan 22 by PinnerPaul

So his previous 50 games where he hasn't scored have ALL been against great teams then?

I presume Boro and he have played Burton, Birmingham and Sunderland in that time, to name 3 - so bit of a silly remark really.

He won’t play an easier game in his career mate - we were THAT bad....

Traore on 22:25 - Jan 22 with 3077 viewsNortholt_Rs

Traore on 19:48 - Jan 21 by CroydonCaptJack

Tell that to Wolves, Sheff Utd, Cardiff and Bristol who are all above Boro but failed to beat us.

I’ll use isawqpratwcity’s words to reply:

“It isn't that we can't perform well, it's just that we usually don't. I have no trouble giving credit to Holloway when we have a working plan and every player is fired up and taking it to the opposition. The problem is the litany of excuses deflecting criticism when that doesn't happen. Take the blinkers off and see that, most of the time, Holloway is just not very good.”

Sums up my viewpoint perfectly.

Traore on 22:49 - Jan 22 with 3057 viewsCiderwithRsie

Traore on 15:19 - Jan 21 by daveB

We shouldn't be surprised. How many times have we been the team which breaks a run of defeats or a run of not scoring? Even bloody John Jensen scored against us (much good it did them, a good day out that).

Not making excuses but hopefully Saturday was just one of those days when the oppo has everything going right for them including Traore having his "once in 2 months moment" and we can bounce back next week.
Traore on 23:04 - Jan 22 with 3047 viewsCiderwithRsie

Traore on 23:22 - Jan 21 by isawqpratwcity

Exactly. And yet you made fun of the Latin div who said this team should be pushing for promotion.

It isn't that we can't perform well, it's just that we usually don't. I have no trouble giving credit to Holloway when we have a working plan and every player is fired up and taking it to the opposition. The problem is the litany of excuses deflecting criticism when that doesn't happen. Take the blinkers off and see that, most of the time, Holloway is just not very good.

But who says that Holloway * is * that good? There isn't a band of Holloway fanatics on here (and have a look at Clive's piece when he was first appointed, if you can find it, btw; balanced as usual.)

It's just that a lot of us
(a) recognise that our options are limited - the question is not "is Holloway any good?" or even "who's better?" it is "who else can we get who is better? And is it worth the disruption?"
(b) are fed up with knee jerk negativity after a defeat and deafening silence after a win
(c) ditto for demands to throw money about when that is what got us here
(d) ditto about being called "happy clappers"

Not attacking you because I don't recall you doing any of that, and I don't think you're wrong, but I don't think it gets us much further. Holloway is very limited but his heart is in the right place and we could do worse. I think most if us agree on that, it is just what we do about it that's hard - but really, there isn't an easy solution either way.

We're lying in the bed that was made over the last 10 years.
Traore on 14:48 - Jan 23 with 2884 viewsnix

Traore on 23:04 - Jan 22 by CiderwithRsie

But who says that Holloway * is * that good? There isn't a band of Holloway fanatics on here (and have a look at Clive's piece when he was first appointed, if you can find it, btw; balanced as usual.)

It's just that a lot of us
(a) recognise that our options are limited - the question is not "is Holloway any good?" or even "who's better?" it is "who else can we get who is better? And is it worth the disruption?"
(b) are fed up with knee jerk negativity after a defeat and deafening silence after a win
(c) ditto for demands to throw money about when that is what got us here
(d) ditto about being called "happy clappers"

Not attacking you because I don't recall you doing any of that, and I don't think you're wrong, but I don't think it gets us much further. Holloway is very limited but his heart is in the right place and we could do worse. I think most if us agree on that, it is just what we do about it that's hard - but really, there isn't an easy solution either way.

We're lying in the bed that was made over the last 10 years.

This.

Not comparing us to them but even top teams can have a bad day. Liverpool were pretty poor against Swansea last night. Some of the efforts from Can, Sarah, Mane and Firmino were reminiscent of Conor on a bad day.

So trying to be balanced and not knee jerk seems pretty sensible to me. Making reflex decisions is what got us into trouble in the first place. Rushing to buy Wright Phillips, Barton, Cesar, Sandro, Caullker etc. Bringing in Hughes, Redknapp, Stewart Houston etc. All knee jerk and all detrimental to the club’s future. Ollie is trying to build a squad for the future. It means we may not do brilliantly in each and every game now.

Two of the teams below us , Sunderland and Hull, were in the Premiership last season and therefore have much bigger parachute payments. Imagine being one of their fans. At least most of us were not expecting much this season.

Another team below us, Reading, spent £13 million in transfers this season. We’ve spent £630k. Looking at the bigger picture, I’m pretty happy provided we can stay up, which looks promising atm.

Finally, I’m happier because my team finally looks like they’re trying their best and working together. That makes even losing less painful.

Those who still enjoy wailing every time we lose, just fill your boots. But for the rest of us, who post when things are up as well as down, we prefer just a bit of stability and building for the long term.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 14:53]
Traore on 17:00 - Jan 23 with 2791 viewsPinnerPaul

Traore on 22:21 - Jan 22 by Northolt_Rs

He won’t play an easier game in his career mate - we were THAT bad....

I was there and although we weren't great to say he only played well because we were so bad is a nonsense - clearly a very decent player.
Traore on 18:11 - Jan 23 with 2756 viewsloneranger1

Traore on 14:48 - Jan 23 by nix

This.

Not comparing us to them but even top teams can have a bad day. Liverpool were pretty poor against Swansea last night. Some of the efforts from Can, Sarah, Mane and Firmino were reminiscent of Conor on a bad day.

So trying to be balanced and not knee jerk seems pretty sensible to me. Making reflex decisions is what got us into trouble in the first place. Rushing to buy Wright Phillips, Barton, Cesar, Sandro, Caullker etc. Bringing in Hughes, Redknapp, Stewart Houston etc. All knee jerk and all detrimental to the club’s future. Ollie is trying to build a squad for the future. It means we may not do brilliantly in each and every game now.

Two of the teams below us , Sunderland and Hull, were in the Premiership last season and therefore have much bigger parachute payments. Imagine being one of their fans. At least most of us were not expecting much this season.

Another team below us, Reading, spent £13 million in transfers this season. We’ve spent £630k. Looking at the bigger picture, I’m pretty happy provided we can stay up, which looks promising atm.

Finally, I’m happier because my team finally looks like they’re trying their best and working together. That makes even losing less painful.

Those who still enjoy wailing every time we lose, just fill your boots. But for the rest of us, who post when things are up as well as down, we prefer just a bit of stability and building for the long term.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 14:53]

Great perspective there, totally agree with you. I certainly feel the restraints on us and spending perspective like you give help me feel a bit more accepting after days lime Saturday. Not happy, but accepting that, in our circumstances, this is about where we 'should' be - for now at least.
Traore on 20:09 - Jan 23 with 2719 viewsnix

Thanks Lome Ranger. Incidentally Birmingham has also spent shed loads of cash, courtesy of the lovely and trustworthy Mr Redknapp. So pleased we’re no longer playing those particular dice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024