Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth 19:45 - Feb 15 with 3659 viewsbosh67

Barnsley's approach to bring in Ainsworth as their new manager has been rejected by Wycombe. Kind of hope we can prize him away and bring him back here next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 20:44 - Feb 15 with 3565 viewsToast_R

I thought Mick McCarthy would go there in the summer.
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 21:30 - Feb 15 with 3489 viewsEsox_Lucius

By all accounts WWFC's football is agricultural at best and we already have a large coterie of fans sick to the back teeth of lumping it to Matt Smith. I really don't get this obsession with getting a former player back just because he was was "the right sort". I would much rather we were looking to bring in managers of the calibre of Michael Appleton or perhaps take a chance on Danny Cowley. That is if we have to go to a UK based manager, as there must be a wealth of untapped talent in Europe alone. The only thing I can see stopping QPR from having a new manager for next season would be a miraculous climb up the table or, more likely, IH's salary is so low we can't attract anyone worth having. I'll still renew my season ticket for next season but it will feel more like a duty than a the love affair it once was.

The grass is always greener.

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 03:05 - Feb 16 with 3291 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 08:21 - Feb 16 with 3155 viewsTheChef

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 21:30 - Feb 15 by Esox_Lucius

By all accounts WWFC's football is agricultural at best and we already have a large coterie of fans sick to the back teeth of lumping it to Matt Smith. I really don't get this obsession with getting a former player back just because he was was "the right sort". I would much rather we were looking to bring in managers of the calibre of Michael Appleton or perhaps take a chance on Danny Cowley. That is if we have to go to a UK based manager, as there must be a wealth of untapped talent in Europe alone. The only thing I can see stopping QPR from having a new manager for next season would be a miraculous climb up the table or, more likely, IH's salary is so low we can't attract anyone worth having. I'll still renew my season ticket for next season but it will feel more like a duty than a the love affair it once was.

What's Gigi De Canio up to these days?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 08:53 - Feb 16 with 3103 viewsdaveB

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 21:30 - Feb 15 by Esox_Lucius

not really about him being a former player though, he's done a good job at Wycombe.

What has Appleton done other than quit jobs or be sacked after a few months, talks a good game but not sure what he's done in management to warrant a mention.
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 09:28 - Feb 16 with 3049 viewsDorse

Ainsworth is a non-starter. The impression I get is that the club brought in Ollie to undertake the restructuring/ rebuilding process and that is yet to be completed.

The biggest earners will be gone by the end of the summer, the squad will be trimmed back to better fit the financial situation, replacements for the First Team will need to be brought in or U23 squad graduates promoted. Better to do all that with the current leadership in place as they will already have their priorities assessed, costed and agreed.

If Ollie is going to go, it will be at the point when the restructuring process is complete and I can't see that happening before the end of next season.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 10:12 - Feb 16 with 2969 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Paulo Sousa now apparently bookies' favourite for the Barnsley job...

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/16th-february-2018/former-qpr-swansea-and-leices
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 2877 viewsolderR

Appointed Jose Morais.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 11:21 - Feb 16 with 2858 viewsaston_hoop

Appointing random weathered Portuguese managers really is de rigueur at the moment! Did I dream that Barnsley recently had some quite wealthy investors?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 11:29 - Feb 16 with 2844 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 12:18 - Feb 16 with 2771 viewssimmo

Pleased his good work is being recognised - looks as though he could have a genuinely good managerial career.

What a guy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 2719 viewsSAR

I love Ainsworth. Therefore I hope he doesn't join the absolute circus we currently are.
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 12:40 - Feb 16 with 2712 viewsMick_S

Video for ainsworth goal against rushden
â–¶ 1:30

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 2646 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 09:28 - Feb 16 by Dorse

Ainsworth is a non-starter. The impression I get is that the club brought in Ollie to undertake the restructuring/ rebuilding process and that is yet to be completed.

The biggest earners will be gone by the end of the summer, the squad will be trimmed back to better fit the financial situation, replacements for the First Team will need to be brought in or U23 squad graduates promoted. Better to do all that with the current leadership in place as they will already have their priorities assessed, costed and agreed.

If Ollie is going to go, it will be at the point when the restructuring process is complete and I can't see that happening before the end of next season.

Me too. I think once this restructuring is done, he will be given some time to be judged on "his" team. And this team really isn't that bad. Some decent defenders and midfielders. He just needs to decide his best team. And what a difference a forward that can manage a goal every 3 games would make.
Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 13:50 - Feb 16 with 2589 viewsTheChef

Barnsley thwarted in approach for Ainsworth on 08:21 - Feb 16 by TheChef

What's Gigi De Canio up to these days?

To answer my question - currently he is available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_De_Canio

BLOODY HELL QUICK LET'S GET HIM BACK IN!!!!!!!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024