Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report 20:59 - Mar 31 with 2789 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/47825
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 21:17 - Mar 31 with 2752 viewscolinallcars

Another fine report - thanks.
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 04:26 - Apr 1 with 2459 viewsJAPRANGERS

How do you do it Clive? You produce an absolutely fkin excellent report every time! Brilliant for non attenders like me! Thanks for all your efforts.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 4:27]
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 05:33 - Apr 1 with 2440 viewsqprd

Cheers, Clive

I find the excuses for resting players comical in light of some of the decisions made earlier this season- for instance, Ollie starting Mass against Villa in November after Luongo flew from London to Sydney to Honduras back to London in 10 days after playing in emotionally draining world cup qualifiers (while Manning languished on the bench). How about Ollie never resting Freeman or even subbing him in dead rubber fixtures (like when he played a full 90 when Boro thrashed us earlier this season) despite some of his flagging performances?

Having said all that, I can live with some tinkering because I think we are safe now. But there has to be some rhyme or reason to it.

if he's starting Cousins to get him some game time and possibly increase his market value, fair play

if he's playing Manning, Furlong, Bright Samuel, Oteh, Chair, Eze, Smyth, Tilt, to get them more minutes under their belt, then fair play to that

But playing Washington strikes me as a head scratcher....

I do fear that the backlash Ollie got after the match may do us harm going forward. Ollie's #1 incentive is to keep his job, which depends on results and how we end this season and keeping the fans happy. However, as we are safe, I think our goal for the rest of this season should be to continue to blood our youngsters. Doing so will require Ollie to tinker with the lineup, which I suspect he'll be reluctant to do after all the criticism that has just come his way.
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 11:00 - Apr 1 with 2220 viewssmegma

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 05:33 - Apr 1 by qprd

Cheers, Clive

I find the excuses for resting players comical in light of some of the decisions made earlier this season- for instance, Ollie starting Mass against Villa in November after Luongo flew from London to Sydney to Honduras back to London in 10 days after playing in emotionally draining world cup qualifiers (while Manning languished on the bench). How about Ollie never resting Freeman or even subbing him in dead rubber fixtures (like when he played a full 90 when Boro thrashed us earlier this season) despite some of his flagging performances?

Having said all that, I can live with some tinkering because I think we are safe now. But there has to be some rhyme or reason to it.

if he's starting Cousins to get him some game time and possibly increase his market value, fair play

if he's playing Manning, Furlong, Bright Samuel, Oteh, Chair, Eze, Smyth, Tilt, to get them more minutes under their belt, then fair play to that

But playing Washington strikes me as a head scratcher....

I do fear that the backlash Ollie got after the match may do us harm going forward. Ollie's #1 incentive is to keep his job, which depends on results and how we end this season and keeping the fans happy. However, as we are safe, I think our goal for the rest of this season should be to continue to blood our youngsters. Doing so will require Ollie to tinker with the lineup, which I suspect he'll be reluctant to do after all the criticism that has just come his way.

What's happened to Oteh??? If Eze has been ill why was he even on the bench?
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 2075 viewsBushRanger82

Holloway's constant need for needless tinkering, is doing my bloody head in.
Anybody would think professional footballers were something akin to people who do really graft for a meagre living, 8 hours a day, 5/6 days of the week.
Ye Gods! Two 90 minute games of football isn't ever going to kill anybody.
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 16:25 - Apr 1 with 1988 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Didn't see the line up until I arrived at the stadium. Said to Mrs SF we'll go 1 or 2 down and then IH will bring on Eze, Mass and Smith, it was ever thus. Infuriating and frustrating in equal measure as Reading were SO poor. Should never, ever change a winning team and really they were there for the taking. it makes zero sense this piss balling about with the line up for all the reasons already given. Anyway apologies I'm ranting a bit but still very annoyed about this one. Great report though Clive.
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 16:31 - Apr 1 with 1983 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So is tinkering now officially the new word for rotation? I think it's very unrealistic to expect to get through a tough championship season without rotating. Friday's result was less to do with poor team selection more to do with not taking our chances.

I hate losing to Reading as much as any of you btw. If not more!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 17:07 - Apr 1 with 1949 viewsWestonsuperR

Great report as usual. Surely the fact we out played Reading for large parts of the game showed that Ollie was right to make changes, will be further vindicated if the rested players get us a result v Norwich.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 17:14 - Apr 1 with 1939 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 14:09 - Apr 1 by BushRanger82

Holloway's constant need for needless tinkering, is doing my bloody head in.
Anybody would think professional footballers were something akin to people who do really graft for a meagre living, 8 hours a day, 5/6 days of the week.
Ye Gods! Two 90 minute games of football isn't ever going to kill anybody.

Yeeaaahh... that's no longer true is it? When you have pro footballers using snus and other stuff that hasn't been uncovered yet to seek the slightest margin of improvement you know that the levels of fitness, stamina and endurance are way, way beyond what any of us, and footballers up to around 10-15 years ago ever had to aspire to and the strain on the body is starting to take it's toll across the world on footballers.

The grass is always greener.

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 20:03 - Apr 1 with 1844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair report, all told, and entertaining as ever. Thanks.

I thought we played well enough, finishing aside, and were very unlucky to lose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 09:04 - Apr 2 with 1684 viewsfrancisbowles

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 20:03 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair report, all told, and entertaining as ever. Thanks.

I thought we played well enough, finishing aside, and were very unlucky to lose.

Agree with that summary, Brian. Add to that a difficult pitch which is usually a great leveller.

As for resting players. It is a scientific approach these days. There is data and advice available to Ollie to ensure the welfare of the club's assets. It is not just physical condition but mental fatigue and the energy levels these factors influence that will influence selection.
Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 09:44 - Apr 2 with 1649 viewsNorthernr

Rangers' resurgence stalls at Reading - Report on 09:04 - Apr 2 by francisbowles

Agree with that summary, Brian. Add to that a difficult pitch which is usually a great leveller.

As for resting players. It is a scientific approach these days. There is data and advice available to Ollie to ensure the welfare of the club's assets. It is not just physical condition but mental fatigue and the energy levels these factors influence that will influence selection.

And yet Burnley pick the same starting 11 every week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024