Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly 09:59 - Apr 8 with 2675 viewsisawqpratwcity

Have at it, boys and girls!

Fwiw, their #22 was lucky not to get an early bath, too, and their stroppy little bantam #24 (irritating git) needed something as well, but sorry, no doubt about it, Onuoha was a nailed-on red.

http://www.skysports.com/football/hull-city-vs-qpr/375104

[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 10:01]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 11:02 - Apr 8 with 2578 viewsWatford_Ranger

No idea what the current rules are tbh but he doesn’t raise his arms to him or nut him so I don’t see how Onuoha’s offence is a red and the push before a yellow.
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 11:28 - Apr 8 with 2550 viewsisawqpratwcity

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 11:02 - Apr 8 by Watford_Ranger

No idea what the current rules are tbh but he doesn’t raise his arms to him or nut him so I don’t see how Onuoha’s offence is a red and the push before a yellow.

Some of the rules are on the match thread in one of my posts (page 8?). If you want to have a full and comprehensive go, here's the FA Rules page, where you can download a pdf of the whole set of rules. Imo, best way to go through it is to do a Ctrl + F search for 'violent conduct', but don't let me tell you what to do.

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/referee/laws-of-the-game

That's if you can be bothered. If you can't see that Onuoha's shove is much worse than the either of the Hull players then there's probably going to be no convincing you anyway. As I said before, their #22 can count himself lucky, but Ned's red is nailed-on.

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 12:32 - Apr 8 with 2494 viewskensalriser

Easy straight red. Came charging in at speed and deliberately shoulder-butted the guy. In contrast the Hull player was barely moving, Scowan was coming towards him, and the shove was less violent. Can't see how the ref got this one wrong. Switch the players' sides around and no one would have an issue with it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 12:33 - Apr 8 with 2493 viewsWatford_Ranger

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 11:28 - Apr 8 by isawqpratwcity

Some of the rules are on the match thread in one of my posts (page 8?). If you want to have a full and comprehensive go, here's the FA Rules page, where you can download a pdf of the whole set of rules. Imo, best way to go through it is to do a Ctrl + F search for 'violent conduct', but don't let me tell you what to do.

http://www.thefa.com/get-involved/referee/laws-of-the-game

That's if you can be bothered. If you can't see that Onuoha's shove is much worse than the either of the Hull players then there's probably going to be no convincing you anyway. As I said before, their #22 can count himself lucky, but Ned's red is nailed-on.

Think I’ll save that joy for a work day.

I’m not doubting Onuoha was more aggressive than the other bloke. Just wasn’t sure ‘legally’ what made his push worse. Will have a read at some point, thanks.
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 13:43 - Apr 8 with 2433 viewsisawqpratwcity

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 12:33 - Apr 8 by Watford_Ranger

Think I’ll save that joy for a work day.

I’m not doubting Onuoha was more aggressive than the other bloke. Just wasn’t sure ‘legally’ what made his push worse. Will have a read at some point, thanks.

Fair enough.

The highlights don't show it, but presumably Henriksen's yellow came from the incident? Play was stopped and by the letter of the law what he did could, and most likely should, have been a red. Having committed a nasty foul, Scowen wasn't looking for more trouble, whereas Henriksen looked to be winding him up. I'd have sent him off for trying to incite matters but what Ned did next made Henriksen look like a slightly-dyspeptic Mother Theresa. Ned's a big bloke, so all he had to do was get in front of the bean-pole and it would have stopped there. I really didn't know that Ned was like that.

Praise team spirit all you like but all the three match ban does is give us a chance to get used to playing without our captain.

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 14:40 - Apr 8 with 2370 viewstimcocking

Straight red? No chance. Pretty stupid yellow though.

Why would Holloway be so quick to publicly slate Scowen who's done so well all year?
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 22:42 - Apr 8 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 14:40 - Apr 8 by timcocking

Straight red? No chance. Pretty stupid yellow though.

Why would Holloway be so quick to publicly slate Scowen who's done so well all year?

Doesn't matter how good he's been all season, it was a stupid tackle
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 23:58 - Apr 8 with 2162 viewsisawqpratwcity

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 22:42 - Apr 8 by daveB

Agreed, but I found the vehemence of Holloway's condemnation surprising, even allowing for misdirection away from Onuoha's brain fade.

Login to get fewer ads

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 00:39 - Apr 9 with 2139 viewsPunteR

Chief went a bit OTT and lost his head but he was right to come over to the Hull player and have a word. I think the Hull player should have got sent off or neither of them. He did exactly what Onouha did.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 01:32 - Apr 9 with 2115 viewsisawqpratwcity

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 00:39 - Apr 9 by PunteR

Chief went a bit OTT and lost his head but he was right to come over to the Hull player and have a word. I think the Hull player should have got sent off or neither of them. He did exactly what Onouha did.

I thought they both technically met the criteria for 'violent conduct' but that's where the similarity ends. Henriksen was a bean-pole bully doing a playground shove; Ned was a ballistic side of beef.

I would have sent Henrikson off because he was trying to wind Scowen up with that push. But Ned's offence was clearly much worse.

Why haven't we heard from PinnerPaul on this yet?

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 03:57 - Apr 9 with 2089 viewstimcocking

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 23:58 - Apr 8 by isawqpratwcity

Agreed, but I found the vehemence of Holloway's condemnation surprising, even allowing for misdirection away from Onuoha's brain fade.

Ollie seems to like to dig his players out in public more than any other manager in football. It's either honesty or stupidity.
Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 04:16 - Apr 9 with 2085 viewstimcocking

Skylights inc Ex-pat Friendly on 22:42 - Apr 8 by daveB

It was a bad tackle. Excellent. I thought well done Scowen.

Onuoha was pretty silly, but he's only standing up for his boys. The likes of Chief and Joel Lynch will be painfully aware that we are a really small and physically weak side, they have to stand up. Lynch and Smith were off the field, that only leaves Ned who could intimidate anybody. I'd guess we have the lightest starting lineup in the league without Matt Smith playing. You can't let yourself get pushed around, particularly away. I just think Ned ran slightly too fast and underestimated his own significant strength. And the ref was a proper pussy and bottled it, sent him off for nothing.

What i really can't fathom, Ollie lambasting them in public again. Is he too honest, or just stupid?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024