Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report 18:56 - Apr 8 with 3204 viewsNorthernr

Huge thanks to Lee for all his help this season covering the matches when I'm abroad.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/47884
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 20:52 - Apr 8 with 3006 viewsbosh67

Nice one Lee. We are completely inconsistent under Ollie but then again I have been going 46 years now and and 'pugnare' latin for inconsistent should be on the club badge.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 21:09 - Apr 8 with 2977 viewsOldPedro

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 20:52 - Apr 8 by bosh67

Nice one Lee. We are completely inconsistent under Ollie but then again I have been going 46 years now and and 'pugnare' latin for inconsistent should be on the club badge.

The only consistent thing about us is our inconsistency

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 21:14 - Apr 8 with 2965 viewssmegma

I feel for those who travelled, it was bad enough watching it in the pub. And I couldn't numb my feelings with grog due to being on anti-biotics.
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 21:16 - Apr 8 with 2957 viewsSnipper

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 21:14 - Apr 8 by smegma

I feel for those who travelled, it was bad enough watching it in the pub. And I couldn't numb my feelings with grog due to being on anti-biotics.

What pub was that Chris?
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 21:29 - Apr 8 with 2938 viewsJigsore

i had a bad feeling about this game around the time I saw the teamsheet and saw that we were starting without a striker despite Sylla being on the bench. in fairness Holloway admitted to this after the game but surely evena half-fit Sylla is for 60 minutes is preferable to playing with no striker for the first 45. When he came on he did alright and there was one nice move involving him but at 2-0 down we weren't going to get a result.

i'll also say that, while we were fairly inept, that wasn't a 4-0 game. most of the time that's a routine 2-0 but it was never a thrashing. Hull weren't really that good at all, just had a bit of luck (the Hernandez goal particularly) and every pass down the middle after the first half hour seemed to split the team in half. not sure what happened there really. can only presume the midfield was bamboozled by the frequency with which Hull won the ball after a cross or lofted pass where Matt Smith would usually be to at least make opposition defenders panic.

I also noticed that Furlong has chest control reminiscent of Bobby Zamora

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 01:21 - Apr 9 with 2770 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 20:52 - Apr 8 by bosh67

You might be good on the music, bosh, but don't write the lyrics. Pugnare means 'to fight', like 'pugnacious'. Could be applied to Ned, I suppose.

Not that you are wrong on the inconsistency observation. I've been banging that drum for more than a year now: under Holloway, we are wildly inconsistent and, on average, not very good.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 04:21 - Apr 9 with 2719 viewsJAPRANGERS

Great report Lee, thanks for suffering this match for us!

Lee, for my interest, what is your LFW handle name on here? I expect everybody but moi knows.
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 07:05 - Apr 9 with 2647 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought the ref bottled the potential red card for the Hull player when he tried to grab Bidwell around the throat on 30 mins.It was as bad as what the Arsenal player did for his red yesterday.He listened to the Home crowd and decided to give both players a yellow card.
Ned’s challenge in the first half wasn’t even a foul but once again the ref listened to the crowd baying for blood.
We looked lightweight and didn’t deserve anything from the game overall though and I doubt whether the Hull defence have had many easier afternoons.
Nice cheap pub by the station though and you can’t argue about 2 pints for £5.20.I won’t be rushing back there though.
Login to get fewer ads

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 10:23 - Apr 9 with 2459 viewsTeddRanger

Interesting that you mention the ground "as a pretty dull stadium". That's certainly what it looks like -another one of those identikit stadia.

But I'm sure I've seen Clive enthuse about it. What makes it different from Southampton,Leicester, Coventry etc?
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 10:40 - Apr 9 with 2438 viewsNorthernr

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 10:23 - Apr 9 by TeddRanger

Interesting that you mention the ground "as a pretty dull stadium". That's certainly what it looks like -another one of those identikit stadia.

But I'm sure I've seen Clive enthuse about it. What makes it different from Southampton,Leicester, Coventry etc?

I wouldn't say enthuse. It's one of the better ones but that's about it.
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 11:43 - Apr 9 with 2348 viewsMancR

It was certainly quiet before we handed game to them on a plate and there were huge spaces, including top tier of main stand which is closed.
They got quite chirpy at 4 nil and sang "You've been mauled by the tiger!" A litter of Siamese kittens could've done the job on Saturday
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 12:08 - Apr 9 with 2295 viewsTheChef

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 11:43 - Apr 9 by MancR

It was certainly quiet before we handed game to them on a plate and there were huge spaces, including top tier of main stand which is closed.
They got quite chirpy at 4 nil and sang "You've been mauled by the tiger!" A litter of Siamese kittens could've done the job on Saturday

Was that chant sung complete with comedy hand gestures?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 16:20 - Apr 9 with 2123 viewsstowmarketrange

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 12:08 - Apr 9 by TheChef

Yes it was.
Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 16:58 - Apr 9 with 2075 viewssmegma

Hull horror show from Holloway's Rangers - Report on 12:08 - Apr 9 by TheChef

Yet they moan about Allam wanting to change their name ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024