Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV centre 15:15 - May 3 with 2892 viewsloftboy

Just had a promotional text come through, come and look at our 1,2 and 3 bed Apt’s at Tekevision centre Wood Lane,prices start from £645000 FFS who’s going to be able to afford that.
Which starts my next point, when and if we get our new ground Loftus Road is going to be worth an absolute fortune.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

TV centre on 15:57 - May 3 with 2806 viewssmegma

I think they 'started' at £750,000 a year ago........I wouldn't live there for free.
TV centre on 16:09 - May 3 with 2759 viewsJuzzie

No one can afford these prices but they have to pay them if they want to live there. Maybe what they lose in inflated property prices they save if they don't have to drive/get public transport to work and can walk or cycle. Or, if they do use public transport it's relatively close.

One of my colleagues has just bought a 2 bed flat in St Pancras Way for around £800k and the only way they could afford it was to part buy/part rent. Fookin' crazy money and situation but that's all they could do.

We're moving buildings later in the year and he'll be able to walk to the new place so saving on transport costs was a big factor.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 16:10]
TV centre on 18:59 - May 3 with 2647 viewsrunningman75

I think we should keep Loftus road as never going to fill a big stadium though the thought of Loftus Road filled with 10,000 Michael Gove types horrifies me. I have family from Queens Park/Kensal Rise and that area is filled with delis and yummy mummies. When I was a child used to be a different world around there.
TV centre on 21:21 - May 3 with 2489 viewsizlingtonhoop

TV centre on 15:57 - May 3 by smegma

I think they 'started' at £750,000 a year ago........I wouldn't live there for free.

Completely correct. You wouldn't.
TV centre on 21:41 - May 3 with 2453 viewsEsox_Lucius

TV centre on 18:59 - May 3 by runningman75

I think we should keep Loftus road as never going to fill a big stadium though the thought of Loftus Road filled with 10,000 Michael Gove types horrifies me. I have family from Queens Park/Kensal Rise and that area is filled with delis and yummy mummies. When I was a child used to be a different world around there.

Did you miss the 12584512365845625 posts about the new stadium NOT being all about the football?

The grass is always greener.

TV centre on 21:48 - May 3 with 2434 viewsBoston

TV centre on 21:41 - May 3 by Esox_Lucius

Did you miss the 12584512365845625 posts about the new stadium NOT being all about the football?

Remind me....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TV centre on 22:36 - May 3 with 2364 viewsWoodlaneR

I grew up on Wood Lane as a youngster. I'm led to believe my parents sold up at around the 30-40k mark in 1987.
Not that I'm bitter or anything.....
TV centre on 09:02 - May 4 with 2126 viewsToast_R

What about those unfortunate types who bought luxury apartments around the Docklands area (once a slum) from Galliard Homes in 2015 only to find out last year that the exteriors are decorated in the same deadly Clading as the Grenfell Tower. Now been told they have to foot the bill of 40 to 50 Million for its removal and replacement as they're current property value has been reduced to about 50k. Thats a shocker.
Login to get fewer ads

TV centre on 09:19 - May 4 with 2099 viewsLazyFan

TV centre on 21:48 - May 3 by Boston

Remind me....

The fakes increased their attendances when they built a bigger ground. The play-off final proved that we can garner real supporters if we provide the experience.

Loftus Rd has a great location, but it is a tired old ground now. We need to have a new proper stadium and bigger ground just to survive. Increased gate money only if by 5K people will help massively and also increase our fan base.

We cannot do anything with Loftus Rd so, we need a new stadium. Then if you are going to buy (build) a big new stadium, it will cost so much you need it to be multi-purpose. So, for concerts and so on when in the Summer it is not being used. Or even on international breaks. Otherwise, it won't break even and even then it's a risk.

Even Moneyball Brentford realised this and forced themselves to do it. Their mistake is they made it too small. So, they have missed a massive opportunity there.

It is quite simple, new stadium or die.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

TV centre on 11:43 - May 4 with 1980 viewsBoston

TV centre on 09:19 - May 4 by LazyFan

The fakes increased their attendances when they built a bigger ground. The play-off final proved that we can garner real supporters if we provide the experience.

Loftus Rd has a great location, but it is a tired old ground now. We need to have a new proper stadium and bigger ground just to survive. Increased gate money only if by 5K people will help massively and also increase our fan base.

We cannot do anything with Loftus Rd so, we need a new stadium. Then if you are going to buy (build) a big new stadium, it will cost so much you need it to be multi-purpose. So, for concerts and so on when in the Summer it is not being used. Or even on international breaks. Otherwise, it won't break even and even then it's a risk.

Even Moneyball Brentford realised this and forced themselves to do it. Their mistake is they made it too small. So, they have missed a massive opportunity there.

Thank you sir, apologies for taking up your time, my reply was meant as a jokey response to Esox’s Post.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TV centre on 13:08 - May 4 with 1877 viewsNov77

TV centre on 09:19 - May 4 by LazyFan

“It is quite simple, new stadium or die”.

Coventry.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

TV centre on 13:10 - May 4 with 1871 viewsTacticalR

Only footballers can afford homes.

Air hostess clique

TV centre on 13:20 - May 4 with 1848 viewsTGRRRSSS

TV centre on 13:08 - May 4 by Nov77

“It is quite simple, new stadium or die”.

Coventry.

Firstly Coventry are in....... well Coventry.

Secoindly they've been mismanaged for years by a faceless hedgefund which is nowt to do with the ground really.

Thirdly they never owned it regardless.

4th it is multi purpose.

Agree in the end we need to adapt or die, or at least head to L2 and maybe beyond......

As for TV Centre, if Id won Lottery the other week (121M) Id have got a pad probably handy for QPR - for now.... and if they move to LCS then still handy... but then again I didnt win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024