Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those into motorbikes and the TT... 10:43 - Jun 2 with 5092 viewshubble

A rare interview with the incredible, taciturn Michael Dunlop. Racing starts today.

"In 2008 the teenage Dunlop raced wheel-to-wheel against Christian Elkin and the great John McGuinness. It was a dramatic race with, as Dunlop suggests in his book, “no love given, no love lost … I’m going so fast I don’t know if I can stop”.

Dunlop won and the crowd erupted — in memory of Robert and in amazement at the grit of his son. For Dunlop: “My head’s full of tears. I’ve won the race but I can’t find any happiness in it. Tomorrow, I bury my father.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/01/michael-dunlop-interview-tt-race-i

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 4177 viewsdistortR

just wandered in as the superbikes finish. looks like another Dunlop win, local lad coming second. harrison clocked a 135 mph lap, must have got lucky with the lights!

The Dunlop/Hutchinson rivalry is decent, Hutchinson well off the pace today
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 17:47 - Jun 2 with 4136 viewshubble

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 14:29 - Jun 2 by distortR

just wandered in as the superbikes finish. looks like another Dunlop win, local lad coming second. harrison clocked a 135 mph lap, must have got lucky with the lights!

The Dunlop/Hutchinson rivalry is decent, Hutchinson well off the pace today

I thought you might be watching it. A 135 mph lap is just staggering. And Dunlop does it again. Incredible stuff.

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 19:23 - Jun 2 with 4105 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 17:47 - Jun 2 by hubble

I thought you might be watching it. A 135 mph lap is just staggering. And Dunlop does it again. Incredible stuff.

i live a couple of minutes from parliment square in Ramsey. It's quite a thing to be able to walk out and watch the races, probably the best foc sporting experience in the world! I really enjoy the sidecars, missed today's action as looking after the kids.

TT is a great time on the island, the place comes alive for a week or so before resuming it's terminal slumber!
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 19:50 - Jun 2 with 4091 viewshubble

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 19:23 - Jun 2 by distortR

i live a couple of minutes from parliment square in Ramsey. It's quite a thing to be able to walk out and watch the races, probably the best foc sporting experience in the world! I really enjoy the sidecars, missed today's action as looking after the kids.

TT is a great time on the island, the place comes alive for a week or so before resuming it's terminal slumber!

I'm jealous, for that week! It must be pretty gorgeous in summer though, no?

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 20:02 - Jun 2 with 4085 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 19:50 - Jun 2 by hubble

I'm jealous, for that week! It must be pretty gorgeous in summer though, no?

if we get one, yes! Has a certain celtic appeal in winter too. Morally corrupt, though. Get to walk my dog on lovely beaches everyday, which counts for something.
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 10:07 - Jun 3 with 3999 viewsrrrspricey

This is the 1st time not been to TT in 7 years, without doubt the greatest free spectacle on earth

Incredible lap from Harrison particularly when you consider he smashed the record from a standing start. As a regular track day rider I find the feats of the TT riders almost beyond comprehension
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 10:28 - Jun 3 with 3994 viewshubble

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 10:07 - Jun 3 by rrrspricey

This is the 1st time not been to TT in 7 years, without doubt the greatest free spectacle on earth

Incredible lap from Harrison particularly when you consider he smashed the record from a standing start. As a regular track day rider I find the feats of the TT riders almost beyond comprehension

Agree, it's mindblowing. I'm not even a regular track day rider, just a street scratcher who used to be a bit of a nutter on bikes in my youth.

I found some footage from this year, gives people who are new to this some idea of the unbelievable speeds they race at:

[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 10:32]

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 11:48 - Jun 3 with 3978 viewsdistortR

I don't have a bike and have never had one, but even so, the TT is absolutely thrilling!

There was a film made of the TT a few years ago, concentrating on the inimitable guy martin, called 'closer to the edge', which is a great watch
Login to get fewer ads

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 14:42 - Jun 3 with 3945 viewsBoston

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 11:48 - Jun 3 by distortR

I don't have a bike and have never had one, but even so, the TT is absolutely thrilling!

There was a film made of the TT a few years ago, concentrating on the inimitable guy martin, called 'closer to the edge', which is a great watch

Sounds super, sorta like Monaco, Distort invites all his pals around to watch the race from the harbour, onboard his luxury yacht.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 14:53 - Jun 3 with 3939 viewsBoston

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 17:47 - Jun 2 by hubble

Conor came second. You can see why his mind might wander when in the box office.

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:44 - Jun 3 with 3907 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 14:42 - Jun 3 by Boston

Sounds super, sorta like Monaco, Distort invites all his pals around to watch the race from the harbour, onboard his luxury yacht.

can't get onto the yacht, hiding my executive jet on it.

Pana'kinrama
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:51 - Jun 3 with 3903 viewsBklynRanger

I spent my childhood around the North West 200 course in one way or another and have a few family friends who talk like the Dunlops - I always like to think of that accent as a semi-normal NI accent but the phone keeps cutting out.

Despite all that I never actually saw the race itself, other than getting diverted on race day in the back of the Renault 12 etc, and have started to think as part of my return to the jolly old United Kingdom that I'd like to. So may sort that out for next year.

Distort, Ramsey sounds like Chiswick if you swapped the river for the beach.
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 21:32 - Jun 3 with 3873 viewsBoston

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:51 - Jun 3 by BklynRanger

I spent my childhood around the North West 200 course in one way or another and have a few family friends who talk like the Dunlops - I always like to think of that accent as a semi-normal NI accent but the phone keeps cutting out.

Despite all that I never actually saw the race itself, other than getting diverted on race day in the back of the Renault 12 etc, and have started to think as part of my return to the jolly old United Kingdom that I'd like to. So may sort that out for next year.

'ere, you trying to 'label' a part of London as something that it isn't?

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 21:42 - Jun 3 with 3866 viewssmegma

Isn't anyone tyred of talking about Dunlop ??
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 00:14 - Jun 4 with 3836 viewsBoston

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 21:42 - Jun 3 by smegma

Isn't anyone tyred of talking about Dunlop ??

Not at all, it’s been a remarkably goodyear for the man.

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 06:34 - Jun 4 with 3812 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:51 - Jun 3 by BklynRanger

we have,
A broken pier;
5000 odd (and I use the word advisedly) residents;
a swing bridge;
8 pubs;
a high street full of coffee shops and charity shops,
a tower to commemorate a monarch who didn't actually turn up,
no graveyard
crazy golf,
a lake that's 3ft deep.
2 football teams.
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:06 - Jun 4 with 3736 viewskarl

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 06:34 - Jun 4 by distortR

we have,
A broken pier;
a swing bridge;
8 pubs;
no graveyard
crazy golf,
a lake that's 3ft deep.
2 football teams.

'no graveyard crazy golf'

Must say you're scraping the barrel for things moan about there!

Loved the TT and stupidly said when I left the IoM I wouldn't go to it without a bike so haven't been at it for 28yrs! Just never got back but living there with a bike was a great bonus to the year and at the time the island in general was very bike friendly with the quality of roads etc.
I think the island is very picturesque etc but they have let things get scabby and untidy in many areas, compared to the maintenance and upkeep in Orkney its a marked difference, although this year we've had big cutbacks on grass cutting etc so starting to see things scruffier already. Big mistake when you target tourism Imo.
We also don't have crazy golf in the graveyards but must surely be an untapped market?
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:25 - Jun 4 with 3729 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:06 - Jun 4 by karl

'no graveyard crazy golf'

Must say you're scraping the barrel for things moan about there!

Loved the TT and stupidly said when I left the IoM I wouldn't go to it without a bike so haven't been at it for 28yrs! Just never got back but living there with a bike was a great bonus to the year and at the time the island in general was very bike friendly with the quality of roads etc.
I think the island is very picturesque etc but they have let things get scabby and untidy in many areas, compared to the maintenance and upkeep in Orkney its a marked difference, although this year we've had big cutbacks on grass cutting etc so starting to see things scruffier already. Big mistake when you target tourism Imo.
We also don't have crazy golf in the graveyards but must surely be an untapped market?

mate, I like your idea, but i was describing Ramsey, not having a moan!

go and thank English tax payers for your island's maintenance regime.........

be good to get you over at tt mate, loads of bands etc
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:50 - Jun 4 with 3714 viewskarl

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:25 - Jun 4 by distortR

mate, I like your idea, but i was describing Ramsey, not having a moan!

go and thank English tax payers for your island's maintenance regime.........

be good to get you over at tt mate, loads of bands etc

I have a fancy that our little islands pay for themselves very nicely with a couple of barrels of North seas finest. Can't forget its British oil we find all round Scotland!
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 21:03 - Jun 4 with 3689 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 18:50 - Jun 4 by karl

I have a fancy that our little islands pay for themselves very nicely with a couple of barrels of North seas finest. Can't forget its British oil we find all round Scotland!

quite right. Britain's oil, Scotland's decommissioning costs.

Andy Murray is currently absolutely Scottish, btw.

Kieran Tierney is Manx.

Schteve is a Londoner.

And 'Arry is still from sCunthorpe
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 22:43 - Jun 4 with 3671 viewsBoston

we have,
A broken pier;
a swing bridge;
8 pubs;
no graveyard
crazy golf,
a lake that's 3ft deep.
2 football teams.

Would the residents of Douglas describe those in Ramsey as 'dirty northern bastards'?

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 10:31 - Jun 5 with 3615 viewsBklynRanger

we have,
A broken pier;
a swing bridge;
8 pubs;
no graveyard
crazy golf,
a lake that's 3ft deep.
2 football teams.

Ok sounds better...
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 11:12 - Jun 5 with 3605 viewshopphoops

I love watching the TT. Not for the crashes, but the footage of the guy careering off the side of the hill is unforgettable.

And graveyard crazy golf is the idea of the year, better than monkey tennis even.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 16:20 - Jun 5 with 3562 viewsdistortR

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 11:12 - Jun 5 by hopphoops

I love watching the TT. Not for the crashes, but the footage of the guy careering off the side of the hill is unforgettable.

And graveyard crazy golf is the idea of the year, better than monkey tennis even.

that was the Ramsey rocket, aka Connor Cummins, who finished second in the opening race.

Ramsey is known as 'Pramsey' by people from not round here, due to the obliging but unsafe practices of local girls.
For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 17:23 - Jun 5 with 3546 viewshubble

For those into motorbikes and the TT... on 11:12 - Jun 5 by hopphoops

friggin' Nora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024