Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report 16:02 - Aug 19 with 3048 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48483
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 2888 viewsHunterhoop

If we bin off Smyth on loan, as well as Manning, the club and McLaren deserve all the stick they’ll get.

Like you said, not what was in the brochure at all. The only “kids” playing are Kakay and Eze.

Tbh, something that’s becoming readily apparent is how much we miss Onuoha. Can’t pass the ball? Well, look at Lynch and Leistner. Not a leader? Well, looks like we’re missing some leadership that we had last season. Our record when he didn’t play last year was just under a point a game, I think. That’s relegation. By no means was he perfect. Far from it. But you don’t know what you had until it’s gone.

Anyway, back to the main point. If we play Routledge and send Smyth on loan, and continue to play Cousins, we need our head examining.
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 18:26 - Aug 19 with 2542 viewsVancouverHoop

Yeah. Given the catastrophic second half it's easy to forget that prior to the break we'd played pretty well. I don't pretend to have an answer (but I really hope Steve Mclaren does!)

It was funny week, but not in a comical way. My "other team," Southern Prem side Hitchin Town, also lost their first three matches, two by a single goal, the other an 8—1 tonking. Naturally I've been looking for parallels. Hitchin made the playoffs two out of the last three years, but last season lost a number of key players, mainly to bigger clubs. however the management team stayed the same. QPR also lost a few key players, but also acquired brand new management. In both cases a smooth transition, though possible, was probably asking a lot. Also in both cases, another loss like last week's is going to make it hard for either manager to survive.

But, on the basis that what doesn't destroy you can only make you stronger, it might – and I emphasise "might" – be a watershed moment for both teams.

And stack me sideways if I don't truly hope so.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 18:53]
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 18:41 - Aug 19 with 2503 viewsdaveB

That stuff about Routledge in and Smyth out is frightening. All the word done in the last 3 years to get some promising kids in the squad undone by McClaren within a few weeks. Utterly Bizarre
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 18:45 - Aug 19 with 2486 viewsOldPedro

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 18:41 - Aug 19 by daveB

That stuff about Routledge in and Smyth out is frightening. All the word done in the last 3 years to get some promising kids in the squad undone by McClaren within a few weeks. Utterly Bizarre

And if this is true, goes against the point of bringing McClaren in to coach the youngsters

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 19:18 - Aug 19 with 2351 viewsDesertBoot

Anither season and another thrashing; this one for me the worst if them. Can’t remember seeing so many without a brain in one team and a manager adding to the misery throwing shite on shite.
McLaren may well need wins over Bristol City, Wigan and Bristol Rovers to kerp his job - sounds crazy but few survive a real drubbing.

Wish I could be like David Watts

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 19:35 - Aug 19 with 2309 viewsbosh67

Yes if Smyth goes on loan after proving he could score last season, that after Manning going and then thinking Cousins is a better option is an immediate paddy wagon decision for me.

I am sure Cousins is a lovely guy but f*cking hell he really isn't a footballer. He's like playing someone who's ghosted you on social media.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 23:41 - Aug 19 with 1888 viewsqprd

joel lynch going off with an "injury" after the fifth goal

sounds like last year when we got smashed by forest at home and lynch decided he didnt want to play the last 40 mins and went off with injury

i wasnt at the match yesterday, so i have an element of detachment/repression that is helping me not want to jump off the cliff- the season can be turned around with 4 points against bristol city and wigan. but one thing is for certain- there is no central defender i want less in the bunker for a relegation scrap than joel lynch. he is just a s**t professional, and if were banking on him to care when our backs are against the wall, we're screwed
West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 07:00 - Aug 20 with 1684 viewslondonscottish

Thank f*** I'm on holiday this week and don't have to explain any of this to my colleagues.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 1396 viewsrobith

I thought I was ready to deal with this, but it turns out I am not

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 12:32 - Aug 20 with 1288 viewsDannyPaddox

Last Friday afternoon before the battering seems like so long ago now. An innocent time when our only cares were: 'Is the Forever Rs a Hall of Fame or not?' and, "Is that referee really a dog-fcuker?" I miss those days.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 20 with 1267 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

West Brom wallop seven through hapless QPR - Report on 12:32 - Aug 20 by DannyPaddox

Last Friday afternoon before the battering seems like so long ago now. An innocent time when our only cares were: 'Is the Forever Rs a Hall of Fame or not?' and, "Is that referee really a dog-fcuker?" I miss those days.

“Seann Walsh is appearing on Strictly Come Dancing”

I only we knew!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 13:00]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024