Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel 18:29 - Nov 10 with 3690 viewsGuppy22

Please extend his contract, he was immense today, Swansea’s right back must have been out of this world to let him go
Rangel on 18:36 - Nov 10 with 3624 viewsbosh67

I believe there is some work going on to extend to the end of the season. He is our Spanish 'Hill'.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangel on 19:40 - Nov 10 with 3337 viewsLongsufferingR

He gets it and he cares big time. How we could have done with that in the Hughes/Redknapp era.
Rangel on 20:01 - Nov 10 with 3249 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rangel on 18:36 - Nov 10 by bosh67

I believe there is some work going on to extend to the end of the season. He is our Spanish 'Hill'.

We just like watching Rangel?

I'd also like to see Furlong in this team. I reckon he'd love playing alongside Leistner.

What a great position to be in with those two fighting it out for RB.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rangel on 20:15 - Nov 10 with 3181 viewsLongsufferingR

.....and through it all
he offers us protection
a lot of love and affection
with or without the ball
and there in front of goal
whoever tries to break him
you know they just can't take him
when he's on the ball
so sorry Furlong
I'm loving Angel instead
Rangel on 20:44 - Nov 10 with 3066 viewsTW_R

Rangel on 18:36 - Nov 10 by bosh67

Our “Colina” as it were!
Rangel on 21:54 - Nov 10 with 2790 viewsmcqpr10

100% the guy is running around like a 21 year old.
Rangel on 22:03 - Nov 10 with 2759 viewsAgedR

Gave the BFG a right earful first half.

An absolutely outstanding addition this season

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Rangel on 23:01 - Nov 10 with 2660 viewswokingrs

I thought he was superb today. Clearly loves playing for us - a class act and we need to get him signed up.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangel on 23:37 - Nov 10 with 2544 viewsA40Bosh

Rangel on 20:15 - Nov 10 by LongsufferingR

.....and through it all
he offers us protection
a lot of love and affection
with or without the ball
and there in front of goal
whoever tries to break him
you know they just can't take him
when he's on the ball
so sorry Furlong
I'm loving Angel instead

Well done.
Not a bad effort there.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Rangel on 23:53 - Nov 10 with 2487 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Going back to the op. Swansea have a young welsh lad called Connor Roberts playing in that position now and Kyle Naughton. Not that I'm saying they're any better than Rangel but would be ridiculous for a Championship side having those 3 in that position.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rangel on 01:26 - Nov 11 with 2331 viewstimcocking

The only problem with this is still there. Rangel has been immense for us thus far, Geoff Cameron likewise. If we end up not getting promoted, however, aren't we just costing Scowen and Furlong each a whole season of development? I can't argue with the signings, at 0-4 we were hurtling down to the third tier, but will they be our players next year? They surely can't be around too much longer at their age. Are we really so sure that swapping Geoff Cameron for Josh Scowen is the reason this turnaround has happened, as that (imo somewhat disrespectful) graph appeared to be alluding to?

i don't suppose there is much to be done about it. You'd have to be a fool to drop either of them now, that's for certain. But this may be a move which doesn't actually help us out longer term.

I suppose i should just dwell on the positives here, without them we were dead in the water. Shouldn't have been in that position, though. Robbo, Chief, blah blah.
Rangel on 09:10 - Nov 11 with 2128 viewsPacemaker

Rangel will always be a Swansea legend and no doubt would have become part of the coaching set up had he decided to hang his boots up. In the PL his lack of pace was shown up occasionally but his football intelligence usually saved him. In the last season he played infrequently usually from the bench.

Conor Roberts is playing out of his skin and with the high pace pressing game we are playing I think Potter was unsure if he wanted Rangel or not, our side is now made up of predominantly players from our U23 set up I think Rangel would have struggled for game time as have Nathan Dyer and Wayne Routlidge.

Great to see him playing so well and enjoying his football.

One issue for you will be his family as he is a great family man and his wife is a local girl who still lives in Swansea with his children, I doubt she would move for a 1 year contract.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Rangel on 09:27 - Nov 11 with 2074 viewsCiderwithRsie

One year playing contract then move onto the coaching staff?

Furlong gets another year to develop with Rangel directly involved in bringing him on.
Rangel on 10:30 - Nov 11 with 1940 viewsA_B_4

I can't stress how impressed I was with him yesterday, or since we signed him really. I'll admit when we first signed him I rolled my eyes based on his age alone and the short term contract but boy has he proved me wrong!
Something I don't think gets the 'praise' it deserves is his ability on the ball. He's probably one of our more talented passers of the ball and his ability to not only put a good cross in from deep (eradicates some of the downside from his age / pace on the overlap) but he also switches the play regularly which really helps us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024