Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23 team to play Millwall 13:05 - Dec 18 with 3270 viewssmegma

1. Brzozowski 2. Kakay 3. Hamalainen 4. Owens 5. Phillips 6. Fox 7. Alfa 8. Chair 9. Walker 10. Oteh 11. Dalling
Subs 12. Bettache 13. Dickinson (gk) 14. Bansall-McNulty 15. Omar
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 13:27]
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 13:19 - Dec 18 with 3197 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who's at 11, Smegma?

Thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 13:28 - Dec 18 with 3147 viewssmegma

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 13:19 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Who's at 11, Smegma?

Thanks.

Now updated Brian. Just gone 1 nil up on 22 minutes. Oteh with his 11th goal in 15 games. And it wasn't a penalty.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 13:55 - Dec 18 with 3054 viewssmegma

HT 1-0 should be 2-0, keeper made great save from Kakay. Our keeper has had 1 cross to catch in the 40th minute and THATS it !!
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 14:03 - Dec 18 with 3027 viewsDannyPaddox

Smeg how is this Bettache lad? I was chatting with a few of the youth team last season (or maybe the season before that) and they were saying he was the most likely of all of them to succeed.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 14:09 - Dec 18 with 3007 viewssimmo

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 14:03 - Dec 18 by DannyPaddox

Smeg how is this Bettache lad? I was chatting with a few of the youth team last season (or maybe the season before that) and they were saying he was the most likely of all of them to succeed.

He had all the skills when he made his cup cameo earlier in the season - looked like he enjoyed himself. I was under the impression he's more under 18 team though?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:21 - Dec 18 with 2818 viewssmegma

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 14:09 - Dec 18 by simmo

He had all the skills when he made his cup cameo earlier in the season - looked like he enjoyed himself. I was under the impression he's more under 18 team though?

Faisal Bettache was in the 18s last season, now he's too old for 18s so is in the 23s. Came on as a sub for Chair on about the hour and played really well. Plays a bit like Jack Wilshere, all left foot in the middle of the park.
The most comfortable 2-0 win you will ever see. Millwall did not have a shot on target. We got the second five minutes from the end when Ody Alfa was tripped in the box and he sent the keeper the wrong way from the penalty spot.

For anyone who is interested, the under 23s have a game on Friday at Brentford's training ground. The Bees website says 12 noon ko but a club employee has just told me he thinks it's at 1pm.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 15:29]
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:32 - Dec 18 with 2775 viewsderbyhoop

Won 2-0 with goals from Oteh (not a penalty) on 23 minutes and Alfa with a late penalty.

They were 2nd before this win, although results and league position should take second place to player development. Things are heading in the right direction.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 16:18 - Dec 18 with 2642 viewsrunningman75

Oteh must be close to a first team start ( not including the FA Cup 2nd team).
Login to get fewer ads

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 19:34 - Dec 18 with 2347 viewsphilc

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:21 - Dec 18 by smegma

Faisal Bettache was in the 18s last season, now he's too old for 18s so is in the 23s. Came on as a sub for Chair on about the hour and played really well. Plays a bit like Jack Wilshere, all left foot in the middle of the park.
The most comfortable 2-0 win you will ever see. Millwall did not have a shot on target. We got the second five minutes from the end when Ody Alfa was tripped in the box and he sent the keeper the wrong way from the penalty spot.

For anyone who is interested, the under 23s have a game on Friday at Brentford's training ground. The Bees website says 12 noon ko but a club employee has just told me he thinks it's at 1pm.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 15:29]

THe club should arrange more under 23 friendlies, like Brentford do, the team that played to day is pretty much our reserves and are too good for this level. That would free up the league matches for the real development squad of those players just moving up from the under 18’s and the better younger players.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 19:43 - Dec 18 with 2326 viewsdanehoop

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 19:34 - Dec 18 by philc

THe club should arrange more under 23 friendlies, like Brentford do, the team that played to day is pretty much our reserves and are too good for this level. That would free up the league matches for the real development squad of those players just moving up from the under 18’s and the better younger players.

We are now starting to make real progress in acquiring and developing talent to move into the match squad and hopefully selling on for a prophet, or ensuring those who are good enough have the skills and mentality to make a career as professional footballers wherever they end up.

On that basis, I am happy to leave the development side exactly as it is and not offer any advice.

Never knowingly understood

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:56 - Dec 19 with 1865 viewssmegma

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:32 - Dec 18 by derbyhoop

Won 2-0 with goals from Oteh (not a penalty) on 23 minutes and Alfa with a late penalty.

They were 2nd before this win, although results and league position should take second place to player development. Things are heading in the right direction.

Is that an echo I hear ??!!
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:57 - Dec 19 with 1862 viewssmegma

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 19:34 - Dec 18 by philc

Brentford ONLY play friendlies. They are not in any league set up but also play in minor cup competitions against the likes of CB Hounslow, Metropolitan Police and next month they play the mighty Wealdstone.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 16:05]
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 16:01 - Dec 19 with 1846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the updates, lads.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 16:58 - Dec 19 with 1785 viewsPinnerPaul

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 15:57 - Dec 19 by smegma

Brentford ONLY play friendlies. They are not in any league set up but also play in minor cup competitions against the likes of CB Hounslow, Metropolitan Police and next month they play the mighty Wealdstone.

and just to add they don't have ANY 'Under...'teams any longer.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 17:51 - Dec 19 with 1722 viewsrsonist

https://trainingground.guru/articles/huddersfield-embark-on-new-academy-era

"Category 1s have tournaments all over, like the Milk Cup, but the category 2 clubs don’t. Huddersfield didn’t get invited to tournaments like that. Now, all of a sudden, we’re going to a prestigious tournament in Germany. [...]The feedback after the Bayern game was that it was the best physical and tactical challenge they’d had outside of the Uefa competitions."
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 22:22 - Dec 19 with 1575 viewsphilc

My suggestion would only be a benefit if they could play enough games at a high enough level, otherwise it is no different to what they basically do now. Game time against competitive competition is important for their development The alternative is to send more of the players out on loan, which we seem to aim to do.

The club seem to know what they doing, so if it works why change it, but we have a lot of players at that level, I remember the discussion last season about the number of players used.

The Huddersfield article was interesting, but I like the idea of our academy, so wouldn’t want to copy them, but there may be some parts that could be used.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 22:28 - Dec 19 with 1566 viewssmegma

Under 23 team to play Millwall on 16:58 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

and just to add they don't have ANY 'Under...'teams any longer.

I saw Brentford B team beat Manchester United comfortably 3-1 last season. I saw them play Manchester City off the pitch with City scoring two late goals to draw 2-2 and they thumped Chelsea. They played Glasgow Rangers a few times and did well. This season they've played abroad a few times as well.
I have no idea if any of the B team have progressed to the first team.
Under 23 team to play Millwall on 02:25 - Dec 20 with 1460 viewsDannyPaddox

Wealdstone and Bayern Munich.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 2:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024