Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deluded 19:39 - Mar 30 with 6270 viewsRuislipHoop

Is McClaren watching the same team,one win this year and he still doesn’t know why we keep conceding.All the possession in the world doesn’t win games.One of the poorest sides we have had in a long time.

Deluded on 19:59 - Mar 30 with 5445 viewsnix

Because when we started losing matches he focused more and more on tracking back and protecting the back four and less and less on pushing up and attacking with conviction. This means the other team can push up themselves, knowing they'll have tons of time to get back. And our back four are just not good enough to soak up sustained pressure.

I can only think the manager has proposed this negative strategy. It was only with fifteen minutes to go that he started urging us forward. By then it was way too late.

It's the opposite problem to Holloway's occasionally kamikaze approach but is equally problematic and way, way more dull. In our HOME games against Stoke, Rotherham and Bolton we rarely looked like we actually trying to win, more trying not to lose. It's dismal,
Deluded on 20:02 - Mar 30 with 5411 views2Thomas2Bowles

Deluded on 19:59 - Mar 30 by nix

Because when we started losing matches he focused more and more on tracking back and protecting the back four and less and less on pushing up and attacking with conviction. This means the other team can push up themselves, knowing they'll have tons of time to get back. And our back four are just not good enough to soak up sustained pressure.

I can only think the manager has proposed this negative strategy. It was only with fifteen minutes to go that he started urging us forward. By then it was way too late.

It's the opposite problem to Holloway's occasionally kamikaze approach but is equally problematic and way, way more dull. In our HOME games against Stoke, Rotherham and Bolton we rarely looked like we actually trying to win, more trying not to lose. It's dismal,

Can you be the next manager

About time there was a Woman in charge and one with more brain cells than hair island.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Deluded on 20:07 - Mar 30 with 5381 viewsnix

Deluded on 20:02 - Mar 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Can you be the next manager

About time there was a Woman in charge and one with more brain cells than hair island.

Ha!

Well I'm definitely not a tactical genius but I think I could be a bit more inspirational than our current manager. Maybe Andy Sinton could be in charge until the rest of the season. At least he's got some personality!
Deluded on 20:08 - Mar 30 with 5364 views2Thomas2Bowles

Deluded on 20:07 - Mar 30 by nix

Ha!

Well I'm definitely not a tactical genius but I think I could be a bit more inspirational than our current manager. Maybe Andy Sinton could be in charge until the rest of the season. At least he's got some personality!

QPR manager Steve McClaren:

"We had 60 per cent possession, 33 crosses, 21 shots - we did enough to win two games of football there. But we didn't, (conceded) two bad goals and that's our problem - we can't keep conceding goals.

"I can see and the crowd can see that the effort is there, the endeavour is there, we're just making mistakes and getting punished for them.

"At the moment we need to score two or three goals to get a result and that puts pressure on the forwards and defenders

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Deluded on 20:22 - Mar 30 with 5250 viewsenfieldargh

Deluded on 20:08 - Mar 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

"We had 60 per cent possession, 33 crosses, 21 shots - we did enough to win two games of football there. But we didn't, (conceded) two bad goals and that's our problem - we can't keep conceding goals.

"I can see and the crowd can see that the effort is there, the endeavour is there, we're just making mistakes and getting punished for them.

"At the moment we need to score two or three goals to get a result and that puts pressure on the forwards and defenders

Mr Maclaren, How many goals have actually scored since boxing day?

And your strategy would have us needing to score 3 to win a game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Deluded on 20:26 - Mar 30 with 5210 viewsRuislipHoop

He makes it sound like we are well on top in games and we are just unlucky,thats why we keep conceding.
Wake up and smell the coffee or ship out,I think we have all had enough this season.
Deluded on 20:28 - Mar 30 with 5198 viewsozranger

And there is one of the reasons, to add to all the rest that have been emphasised throughout this forum. We had 21 shots. While bored with a flu and sitting in a hotel in NY, I checked the shots, etc for just 2019. For those stats minded.. We have had 192 shots, 63 on target (less than 1/3) and only 15 goals to show for it. That is rubbish for this level. What I am trying to add to the other conversations, without offering a reasonable excuse although I probably am, is that the confidence of the defence must be extremely low when they see shot after shot go left right and well over and not at the onion bag. I said on one of the two match threads that at the time they scored, they had four shots with three on target and we had 10 with only one on target. In fact, I would not be surprised that our shot/on target ratio increases when we are chasing a game as opposed to when we are on top at the beginning of games. That was certainly the case here, at Hull, at.......

Perhaps SMc believes improving our defence can get us out of this mire. I say fix up the attack and score goals when we should be. Yes, we had enough chances to win two matches. So why didn't we? I hope I am not deluded.
Deluded on 20:33 - Mar 30 with 5150 viewsRuislipHoop

Deluded on 20:28 - Mar 30 by ozranger

And there is one of the reasons, to add to all the rest that have been emphasised throughout this forum. We had 21 shots. While bored with a flu and sitting in a hotel in NY, I checked the shots, etc for just 2019. For those stats minded.. We have had 192 shots, 63 on target (less than 1/3) and only 15 goals to show for it. That is rubbish for this level. What I am trying to add to the other conversations, without offering a reasonable excuse although I probably am, is that the confidence of the defence must be extremely low when they see shot after shot go left right and well over and not at the onion bag. I said on one of the two match threads that at the time they scored, they had four shots with three on target and we had 10 with only one on target. In fact, I would not be surprised that our shot/on target ratio increases when we are chasing a game as opposed to when we are on top at the beginning of games. That was certainly the case here, at Hull, at.......

Perhaps SMc believes improving our defence can get us out of this mire. I say fix up the attack and score goals when we should be. Yes, we had enough chances to win two matches. So why didn't we? I hope I am not deluded.

Wonder when he will start improving it then,not this season.I think anyone who watches on a regular basis could have told him our defence was pants after the first four games of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Deluded on 22:58 - Mar 30 with 4707 viewskomradkirk

most of those shots ended up over The Loft,dreadful shooting
Deluded on 23:34 - Mar 30 with 4588 viewssmegma

"We had 60 per cent possession, 33 crosses, 21 shots- we did enough to win two games of football". Erm ...you were watching a different game I'm afraid. If Tomer Hemed is a footballer then I'm a brain surgeon. David Wheater had the easiest game hes played all season. Take BOS, Lumley and Wells out of it, the rest were a waste of space. And anyone who gives over 6/10 for any player needs to give their head a wobble.
Deluded on 23:57 - Mar 30 with 4521 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Deluded on 23:34 - Mar 30 by smegma

"We had 60 per cent possession, 33 crosses, 21 shots- we did enough to win two games of football". Erm ...you were watching a different game I'm afraid. If Tomer Hemed is a footballer then I'm a brain surgeon. David Wheater had the easiest game hes played all season. Take BOS, Lumley and Wells out of it, the rest were a waste of space. And anyone who gives over 6/10 for any player needs to give their head a wobble.

I'm all done with head wobbles personally.

4/10 and bollox to all of them. I can't really fault anyone for trying but whoever thinks having player meetings will solve all our problems. After THAT performance against Rotherham....

Really needs to give their head a wobble.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 23:58]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Deluded on 05:39 - Mar 31 with 4331 viewstimcocking

It's seems more likely we'll find Jesus Christ on the end of a cross than Tomer Hemed...
Deluded on 06:37 - Mar 31 with 4289 viewsLblock

Deluded on 05:39 - Mar 31 by timcocking

It's seems more likely we'll find Jesus Christ on the end of a cross than Tomer Hemed...

Easter is coming....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Deluded on 08:27 - Mar 31 with 4109 viewsjonno

The usual approach is to tighten up the defence; if you don't concede then you don't lose. But even our better back four players are only just about Championship standard, some are below that. That means the midfield needs to work hard to close down space, stay with runners, not allow players to run with the ball from midfield and not stand off the opponent who has the ball and give him plenty of time to pick a pass or get in a cross. In other words, they need to protect the defence and they simply don't do that. Consistently they stand off opponents, giving them all the time in the world to get in a cross or play a ball in through or behind the defence. This has been going on pretty much all season - the addition of Cameron alleviated it to a degree but one player will not make a massive difference.
Deluded on 09:14 - Mar 31 with 3995 viewsBlue_Castello

Deluded on 19:59 - Mar 30 by nix

Agreed up until yesterday I was thinking we have to stick with Schteeeve because of FFP and the fact it will cost us a lot of money to release him, but that was the final straw for me surely Hoos and Bhatia can work something out and get rid of him. We don't have to pay off all the coaches they can stay whilst we go ask Chris Ramsey to be caretaker again, trouble is he will probably say are you taking the P etc.

McLaren had two weeks without a competitive game to prepare for Bolton, for some crazy reason picked Hemed in front of Wells and decided Lynch is still worth picking. What can he possibly see in Hemed in training to make him think he's worth a starting place, the bloke looks completely shot as a professional footballer, whether its injuries that have taken there toll but the bloke can't run, jump or work out the offside rule, he didn't seem to have the energy to get himself onside. Wells is totally different class to Hemed, his ball control, running with or without the ball make him a far better player, we needed our best options on the pitch at the start of the game not when Mclaren finally makes his random substitutions. As somebody else said next to me yesterday Smith is a far better option than Hemed he may be slow but he's effective, wins the ball in the air and creates problems for centre backs plus he knows how to score a goal.IF Wells or Smith are fit then Hemed should not be starting a game, it was like playing with 10 men against an average Bolton team.

As for Mclarerns comments after the game what exactly was he watching, I hate to say this but Bolton deserved that win, they looked far more likely to score another goal it was a miracle the ball stayed out of the net on at least two occasions. Again we didn't play with enough energy and cohesion, players were not making space for each other to find a pass so we just kept belting the ball aimlessly long. These shots stats are a total crock of s*it there's no way we had 22 shots on goal, if you include hitting the ball into the stand or hitting an opponent maybe you get close but it doesn't reflect the game at all.
The big question as ever is WHY does he wait so long to make substitutions, everybody was screaming out for Hemed to be replaced with Wells or Smith but you could see we needed both on the pitch. His first tactical substitution was a farce the reason the crowd were booing him was because everybody wanted Hemed off and replaced with somebody who could contribute to the game, the fact he actually brought Smith on for Rangel in the end after wanting to remove Wszolek was either a crazy mix up or he actually gave in to crowd pressure.

I don't want to pick on any player because they all want to win or at least I hope they do, but you have to pick your best options to start the game and give them the freedom to go and attack the opposition. We didn't look like we could score until he made the sub's and then it was too late, the one Bright spark was Bright he gave us some hope for the coming seven difficult fixtures.

IF Rotherham luck out and get a couple of results we are in BIG trouble, thanks for nothing Schteeeve.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 9:24]
Deluded on 09:59 - Mar 31 with 3871 viewsnix

Completely agree with you BlueCastello. Hemed is either not interested, not fit or not good enough but there's a lot of Connor Washington about him: he jumps but not ever quite high enough or the timing's off; he runs but behind the defender and the timing's off; he shoots but never quite quickly enough to beat the oncoming defender or off target. Wells hasn't been on target enough for us but he always makes himself available and does much more link play than Hemed. It's always horses for courses and that Bolton game was screaming for someone who would run the defence around, not someone static. Which is why I think Schteeve consistently fails because he sets us up consistently wrong for the teams we're playing against. BOS terrified them with his pace and direct play. With Wells moving around, they struggled as they couldn't double up against him, Pav and Wells. So we looked so much better but were already two goals down by the time Wells came on and the game was lost.
Deluded on 11:46 - Mar 31 with 3643 viewstimcocking

Deluded on 09:14 - Mar 31 by Blue_Castello

Agreed up until yesterday I was thinking we have to stick with Schteeeve because of FFP and the fact it will cost us a lot of money to release him, but that was the final straw for me surely Hoos and Bhatia can work something out and get rid of him. We don't have to pay off all the coaches they can stay whilst we go ask Chris Ramsey to be caretaker again, trouble is he will probably say are you taking the P etc.

McLaren had two weeks without a competitive game to prepare for Bolton, for some crazy reason picked Hemed in front of Wells and decided Lynch is still worth picking. What can he possibly see in Hemed in training to make him think he's worth a starting place, the bloke looks completely shot as a professional footballer, whether its injuries that have taken there toll but the bloke can't run, jump or work out the offside rule, he didn't seem to have the energy to get himself onside. Wells is totally different class to Hemed, his ball control, running with or without the ball make him a far better player, we needed our best options on the pitch at the start of the game not when Mclaren finally makes his random substitutions. As somebody else said next to me yesterday Smith is a far better option than Hemed he may be slow but he's effective, wins the ball in the air and creates problems for centre backs plus he knows how to score a goal.IF Wells or Smith are fit then Hemed should not be starting a game, it was like playing with 10 men against an average Bolton team.

As for Mclarerns comments after the game what exactly was he watching, I hate to say this but Bolton deserved that win, they looked far more likely to score another goal it was a miracle the ball stayed out of the net on at least two occasions. Again we didn't play with enough energy and cohesion, players were not making space for each other to find a pass so we just kept belting the ball aimlessly long. These shots stats are a total crock of s*it there's no way we had 22 shots on goal, if you include hitting the ball into the stand or hitting an opponent maybe you get close but it doesn't reflect the game at all.
The big question as ever is WHY does he wait so long to make substitutions, everybody was screaming out for Hemed to be replaced with Wells or Smith but you could see we needed both on the pitch. His first tactical substitution was a farce the reason the crowd were booing him was because everybody wanted Hemed off and replaced with somebody who could contribute to the game, the fact he actually brought Smith on for Rangel in the end after wanting to remove Wszolek was either a crazy mix up or he actually gave in to crowd pressure.

I don't want to pick on any player because they all want to win or at least I hope they do, but you have to pick your best options to start the game and give them the freedom to go and attack the opposition. We didn't look like we could score until he made the sub's and then it was too late, the one Bright spark was Bright he gave us some hope for the coming seven difficult fixtures.

IF Rotherham luck out and get a couple of results we are in BIG trouble, thanks for nothing Schteeeve.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2019 9:24]

'As for Mclarerns comments after the game what exactly was he watching, I hate to say this but Bolton deserved that win'

I dunno about that. They scored with pretty much their first attack, it wasn't even a shot. We should have won really. I think we ended up looking cr@p because of the fragile mental state we have collectively (it's clearly contagious) and Joel Lynch playing in a different match to everybody else. We were a bit unlucky in parts.

I love Josh Scowen, i wish he had a little more ability with the ball and he'd be my favourite player.

We did always look like losing once they'd scored, though.
Deluded on 13:35 - Mar 31 with 3473 viewssmegma

One paper broke it down as 21 shots, 7 on target, 5 off target and 9 blocked.

Steve obviously read the stats of 21 shots and made his own story up.
Deluded on 13:56 - Mar 31 with 3428 viewsNorthernr

You know a manager is on his last legs when he starts saying stuff that is demonstrably untrue after matches.
Deluded on 14:00 - Mar 31 with 3417 viewsdaveB

he should have been sacked after Rotherham, that was an unacceptable performance.

Yesterday was even worse and am staggered he hasn't either resigned or been sacked. We are sleepwalking towards relegation
Deluded on 14:50 - Mar 31 with 3325 viewsdaveB

We had 16 shots yesterday, only 7 on target
Deluded on 14:55 - Mar 31 with 3309 viewsNorthernr

Deluded on 08:27 - Mar 31 by jonno

The usual approach is to tighten up the defence; if you don't concede then you don't lose. But even our better back four players are only just about Championship standard, some are below that. That means the midfield needs to work hard to close down space, stay with runners, not allow players to run with the ball from midfield and not stand off the opponent who has the ball and give him plenty of time to pick a pass or get in a cross. In other words, they need to protect the defence and they simply don't do that. Consistently they stand off opponents, giving them all the time in the world to get in a cross or play a ball in through or behind the defence. This has been going on pretty much all season - the addition of Cameron alleviated it to a degree but one player will not make a massive difference.

What possible thing did he take from the first half of the Birmingham game to make him think that pairing Hall and Lynch at centre back and dropping Leistner again might work yesterday?
Deluded on 08:03 - Apr 1 with 2928 viewsjonno

Deluded on 14:55 - Mar 31 by Northernr

What possible thing did he take from the first half of the Birmingham game to make him think that pairing Hall and Lynch at centre back and dropping Leistner again might work yesterday?

Well exactly. I've said on here on a number of occasions that Lynch is certainly not a Championship standard CB. Hall is decent on the ball but lacks physicality and can be bullied. Leistner is far from perfect but is our best and strongest CB, and is also captain, made no sense at all not to start him on Saturday. Up front, Hemed is simply not interested as is obvious to all, so why was Wells not started? Both crazy decisions. But as I say, for most of the season we have simply been too easy to play against, we do not put pressure on the ball when we don't have it, we stand off players far too much and don't challenge for the ball enough. Too often we make it an easy game for our opponents. And when we do attack, invariably we mess up the final ball or take the wrong option. When we do finally create a decent chance we usually miss it - we have missed some real sitters this season.
Deluded on 09:12 - Apr 1 with 2823 viewstimcocking

Deluded on 14:55 - Mar 31 by Northernr

Perhaps because he knows Leistner is cr@p, so on paper at least, Hall and Lynch might look like the best option? We'd be better off with Hall and Oates.

I'd probably pick Alex Baptiste in front of them all at present given the chance.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 9:14]
Deluded on 09:32 - Apr 1 with 2778 viewsTheChef

Deluded on 09:12 - Apr 1 by timcocking

Perhaps because he knows Leistner is cr@p, so on paper at least, Hall and Lynch might look like the best option? We'd be better off with Hall and Oates.

I'd probably pick Alex Baptiste in front of them all at present given the chance.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 9:14]

Leistner is crap?? First I've heard of it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024