Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spirit of Eden 22:37 - Oct 8 with 1390 viewsqprxtc

What an amazing forty minutes of music.
Spirit of Eden on 23:28 - Oct 8 with 1351 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Well you might not like Joy Division but we can agree on that one mate. Immense album and in my top ten of all time. I never listen to singular tracks. It has to be the full thing in one sitting.
Spirit of Eden on 23:42 - Oct 8 with 1333 viewsqprxtc

Spirit of Eden on 23:28 - Oct 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Well you might not like Joy Division but we can agree on that one mate. Immense album and in my top ten of all time. I never listen to singular tracks. It has to be the full thing in one sitting.

I’ve made it a mission to listen to things that don’t like to see if I’m missing something for no good reason. Joy Division is on that list. Madonna and Spandau Ballet and The Doors can keep f ucking off though.

Spirit of Eden is a record that needs attention. If you’re not willing to give up forty minutes and just lose yourself then just look at your phone and complain about lizards running the world.

Time it’s time to live.
Spirit of Eden on 23:48 - Oct 8 with 1328 viewsPeterHucker

I remember being at work in The HMV Shop on the morning that Spirit of Eden came out. We put it on in the shop expecting something similar to The Colour Of Spring and couldn't believe what we were hearing. We were all so blown away by it that as soon as the album finished we put it on again!

Talk Talk are pretty much unique in the history of popular music because in my opinion every one of their albums was better than the previous one for their whole career.

Can you name any other bands that did that?
I would argue that Nirvana did but most would probably disagree with that opinion.
Spirit of Eden on 12:37 - Oct 9 with 1147 viewsSK_hoops

Spirit of Eden on 23:48 - Oct 8 by PeterHucker

I remember being at work in The HMV Shop on the morning that Spirit of Eden came out. We put it on in the shop expecting something similar to The Colour Of Spring and couldn't believe what we were hearing. We were all so blown away by it that as soon as the album finished we put it on again!

Talk Talk are pretty much unique in the history of popular music because in my opinion every one of their albums was better than the previous one for their whole career.

Can you name any other bands that did that?
I would argue that Nirvana did but most would probably disagree with that opinion.

I'd agree with Nirvana. Never rated bleach much and think in utero is their best album.

It took many listens to 'get' spirit of Eden, but once it clicked I understood how great it was.
Spirit of Eden on 18:21 - Oct 9 with 1080 viewsmarkrtid

Sublime

Spirit of Eden on 21:28 - Oct 9 with 1017 viewsRs_Holy

Yep... its a thing of beauty... but then again I loved all the work of Talk Talk and Mark Hollis... Everything they/he did was sublime.
No-one sounded anything like them before and no-one has sounded anything like them since!
Spirit of Eden on 01:40 - Oct 10 with 963 viewsmarkrtid

Spirit of Eden on 21:28 - Oct 9 by Rs_Holy

Yep... its a thing of beauty... but then again I loved all the work of Talk Talk and Mark Hollis... Everything they/he did was sublime.
No-one sounded anything like them before and no-one has sounded anything like them since!

Yes but you happen to be here right now in your lifetime to appreciate good music that others (youngers) may listen to . Thats good isnt it?
Spirit of Eden on 08:28 - Oct 10 with 913 viewsDejR_vu

Spirit of Eden on 18:21 - Oct 9 by markrtid

Sublime

I fully accept that i’m a philistine when it comes to music, but that just sounds like a bunch of kids who’ve just started to learn to play their instruments, practicing for their Music GCSE.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 8:29]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Spirit of Eden on 09:26 - Oct 10 with 889 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spirit of Eden on 08:28 - Oct 10 by DejR_vu

I fully accept that i’m a philistine when it comes to music, but that just sounds like a bunch of kids who’ve just started to learn to play their instruments, practicing for their Music GCSE.

And you've added weight to your first statement with the rest
Spirit of Eden on 10:13 - Oct 10 with 866 viewsDejR_vu

Spirit of Eden on 09:26 - Oct 10 by CroydonCaptJack

And you've added weight to your first statement with the rest

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Spirit of Eden on 13:08 - Oct 10 with 838 viewsRs_Holy

the evolution of Talk Talk... enjoy!

Spirit of Eden on 23:37 - Oct 12 with 759 viewsmarkrtid

Spirit of Eden on 08:28 - Oct 10 by DejR_vu

Maybe them bunch of kids haven't done H yet.

With respect. Sometimes the lyrics go with the tune.

"I Believe In You"

Hear it in my spirit
I've seen heroin for myself
On the street so young, laying wasted
Enough, ain't it enough, crippled world
I just can't bring myself to see it starting

Tell me how I fear it
I buy prejudice for my health
Is it worth so much when you taste it?
Enough, there ain't enough hidden hurt
A time to sell yourself, a time for passing

Spirit
How long?
Spirit

Spirit
Spirit
How long?
Spirit
How long?
Spirit

Peace
Spirit of Eden on 06:11 - Oct 14 with 670 viewstimcocking

Underrated.

Ps Joy Division are also brilliant
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 6:19]
Spirit of Eden on 08:36 - Oct 14 with 607 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spirit of Eden on 06:11 - Oct 14 by timcocking

Underrated.

Ps Joy Division are also brilliant
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 6:19]

Which is the right answer.

XTC will be on his third listen of Unknown Pleasures by now. He will be at that turning point.
Spirit of Eden on 00:13 - Oct 15 with 523 viewsDannyPaddox

More great Eden ...

Listening to this again after 40 odd years ... what a great vibe ... only dawned on me Weller pilfered not only Tracy Thorn but the essence of this LP mercilessly for the Style Council. Track 3 is Paris Match in all but lyric.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 0:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024