Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 26765 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:33 - Sep 30 with 5825 viewsPaddyhoops

He has a lot to answer for judging by last night's debate.
Probably the most dangerous world leader since hitler.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 23:10 - Sep 30 with 5712 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:33 - Sep 30 by Paddyhoops

He has a lot to answer for judging by last night's debate.
Probably the most dangerous world leader since hitler.

Couldn’t agree more. Certainly the biggest threat to western democracy in my lifetime. Staggering that his approval rating rarely drops below 40%.

I’m not sure it matters if Trump loses the election as he’s made it quite clear that he will do whatever it takes to remain in power.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:23 - Oct 1 with 5682 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Every poll here in the States suggests that he has no chance of winning the election, but for some reason, that makes me all the more nervous. It's clear that voter suppression is very much at play here, with many people receiving incorrect absentee ballots etc. My partner couldn't even vote in the primaries here in New York because registration magically disappeared.

It's caused me to look into my Italian citizenship claim a bit more thoroughly.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:25 - Oct 1 with 5676 viewsqprxtc

When did American politics take over our world? And why.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:40 - Oct 1 with 5597 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:25 - Oct 1 by qprxtc

I don’t think it’s taken over the world but it certainly impacts the rest of the world if the US has a volatile leader, don’t you think?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:13 - Oct 1 with 5572 viewsPaddyhoops

When you get an individual like Trump who is so desperate to cling to power that he will be an apologist for a right wing racist , homophobic, misogynistic organisation like the proud boys, you know we're in dangerous times.
Biden isn't up to much but frankly a one armed, blind , deaf and dumb monkey would be preferable!
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:24 - Oct 1 with 5508 viewsPinnerPaul

Saw the 2nd of Grayson Perry's documentaries on USA politics last night - very interesting
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:44 - Oct 1 with 5449 viewsGloryHunter

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:25 - Oct 1 by qprxtc

From 1914 onwards:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_entry_into_World_War_I
Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:10 - Oct 1 with 5395 viewsBklynRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:23 - Oct 1 by EmpireStateRanger

Every poll here in the States suggests that he has no chance of winning the election, but for some reason, that makes me all the more nervous. It's clear that voter suppression is very much at play here, with many people receiving incorrect absentee ballots etc. My partner couldn't even vote in the primaries here in New York because registration magically disappeared.

The worry is even if Biden wins it's going to be an absolute shitshow trying to get Trump out of office. He'll cling to power and try to hold things up in the courts well past January - he's already been saying the outcome may not be known for 'months'. It'll make the George W hanging chad Florida fiasco look like a nostalgic memory.

As far as the debate goes, as a Dem voter I'm very grateful that the story is about the chaos and structure of the debate. The bar is just so low for Biden in terms of performance - basically to get through in a semi-competent manner without any obvious gaffs.

Ok there is the accepted fact that he's not a great debater but fcuk me the man looked like he should've been sitting in his cabin with a bourbon in his hand muttering his half answers at the tv! At least half of the field of prospective nominees could have done a better job of capitalising on Trump's behaviour.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 10:11]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:48 - Oct 1 with 5317 viewskensalriser

Even when Trump is gone, there remains the question why 40% plus of US voters support a draft dodger, serial sexual predator and (very) probable rapist, tax cheat, traitor, racist, compulsive liar and conman.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:37 - Oct 1 with 5269 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:48 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Even when Trump is gone, there remains the question why 40% plus of US voters support a draft dodger, serial sexual predator and (very) probable rapist, tax cheat, traitor, racist, compulsive liar and conman.

Simple. The alternative was Hillary Clinton.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:54 - Oct 1 with 5244 viewsMrSheen

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:37 - Oct 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

And they'd already voted in Bill Clinton, twice. Biden is also a draft-dodging, lying sexual predator too, allegedly.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:01 - Oct 1 with 5235 viewscharmr

Been with my wife 10 years and out of the blue For the first time started about moving away if he gets back in.

I live in a somewhat large city yet 5 miles down the road in the outskirts Trump flags everywhere. Some houses decked out also in German flags and religious slogans. There’s a guy who tows around an illuminated sign on a trailer with trump all over it. USA is somewhat obsessed with flags and astounding how many have proper flag poles in their front yards.

The story that sums certain thinking Up here for me was when tea party members were being interviewed about getting rid of government funded health care (Medicaid) while towing around their government provided oxygen canisters to keep them alive.

Don’t be surprised if he’s around another 4 years.

Ps it’s a shit show here at the moment to be honest.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 13:03]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:12 - Oct 1 with 5199 viewswood_hoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:37 - Oct 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

Maybe our 'beloved leader' is not quite as bad as Trump, but he had Corbyn, not exactly a formidable foe, and the media on both sides of the pond dipped their boots in the 'swamps'
of lies and yet more lies.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:16 - Oct 1 with 5181 viewsR_from_afar

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:23 - Oct 1 by EmpireStateRanger

Not sure if you or anyone else has seen this documentary but the US' voting machines are very easy to hack into.

In one electoral ward, some statistical analysis was done on the voting patterns for the seven machines. For six of the machines, there was a clear and fairly uniform majority for the Democrats but for the seventh, there was a colossal majority for the Republicans. The analysis stated that the chances of that happening naturally were a million to one. It had almost certainly been tampered with or hacked in some way.

There is also a scene in that documentary where Hursti stages a hackathon at a conference in Vegas. The hackers gained access to every design of voting machine present.

It's not just about changing votes, it's about preventing them being cast.

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/kill-chain-the-cyber-war-on-americas-elections

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:18 - Oct 1 with 5168 viewsBostonR

Moved back to the UK earlier this year having lived in NJ and Mass for quite a few years. I always knew there was a huge amount of guns in circulation, but Trump had just opened that tinder-box very deliberately.

The US has given my family and I a wonderful life, but all I could see was a civil/race war brewing, so back we came to the UK. I still have a house and and life in the US and do hope I can return one day.

The Trump base will vote in large numbers - Biden just has to make sure he gets his people out and wins the electoral college. It's not about who gets in it's about getting Trump out.

If Trump loses do not expect him to go quitely - that will likely be the most dangerous period in the history of the US.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:35 - Oct 1 with 5127 viewswood_hoop

I am pretty blank when it comes to USA politics but if the President is comander in chief of the forces, is that until day after election day or is it January when whoever wins takes over ?

Seems to me the loyalty of armed forces/police would go to the incoming President, like him/her or not, so would it not be possible for the generals etc just frogmarch Trump out of the Whitehouse if he loses but decides otherwise.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:50 - Oct 1 with 5092 viewsPaddyhoops

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:12 - Oct 1 by wood_hoop

Maybe our 'beloved leader' is not quite as bad as Trump, but he had Corbyn, not exactly a formidable foe, and the media on both sides of the pond dipped their boots in the 'swamps'
of lies and yet more lies.

On corbyn . He attended a dinner party which exceeded the six people rule.
Not being able to count must be one if the side effects of being a communist!!
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:20 - Oct 1 with 5045 viewsMrSheen

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:18 - Oct 1 by BostonR

Moved back to the UK earlier this year having lived in NJ and Mass for quite a few years. I always knew there was a huge amount of guns in circulation, but Trump had just opened that tinder-box very deliberately.

The US has given my family and I a wonderful life, but all I could see was a civil/race war brewing, so back we came to the UK. I still have a house and and life in the US and do hope I can return one day.

The Trump base will vote in large numbers - Biden just has to make sure he gets his people out and wins the electoral college. It's not about who gets in it's about getting Trump out.

If Trump loses do not expect him to go quitely - that will likely be the most dangerous period in the history of the US.

I understand your concerns about the future, but America went through a civil war, incredibly violent labour disputes, war with its northern and southern neighbours and persistent racially-inspired death squads in the South and West from 1800-1950. Trump is a volatile and provocative figure, but they've seen much, much worse.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:34 - Oct 1 with 4968 viewsToast_R

I think Trump will win
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:37 - Oct 1 with 4960 viewsqprd

the same reason that so many americans dont believe in evolution, think climate change is a hoax, believe the ridiculous conspiracies about hilary clinton, think obama was a kenyan muslim ....
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:42 - Oct 1 with 4952 viewskensalriser

That was then. I'm talking about now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 4933 viewsPinnerPaul

See Grayson Perry above.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:15 - Oct 1 with 4810 viewsGaryT

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:37 - Oct 1 by qprd

the same reason that so many americans dont believe in evolution, think climate change is a hoax, believe the ridiculous conspiracies about hilary clinton, think obama was a kenyan muslim ....

...and reply to every accusation about Trump with "Fake news!"

There must be a massive amount of people that don't watch the anti Trump stuff on TV/Internet and just listen to him saying "I've done a tremendous job" with the economy/Covid and think "that'll do for me".

I think he will lose but will declare the result a fraud and instruct his base to take to the streets. Quite what that will look like we'll have to wait and see but it might need some Generals to come out against Trump in order to keep the peace. Many countries change from autocracies to democracies (Spain and Italy jump to mind) but, like a pile up on the motorway, it's hard not to stop and stare in a state of shock at the USA sleepwalking out of a democracy.

Deep down I don't think it will happen but it could get very messy before the right wing mobs are off the streets. I saw recently that only 55% of the voting population did so last time and it needs a huge turnout this time to put the result beyond doubt. If the same numbers turn out this time and the result is close and Trump starts his reign of chaos, I hate to say it but they will only have themselves to blame.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:29 - Oct 1 with 4789 viewsDiggertheMole

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:50 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

On corbyn . He attended a dinner party which exceeded the six people rule.
Not being able to count must be one if the side effects of being a communist!!

You didn't mention that Boris the Great's Father, Dominic "Eye-test" Cummings, Priti "Let's open Concentration Camps" Patel, Nigel ( I'm the Saviour of the World) Fartage, David " ( No you're not I am" Eyke, JacKarse ( Let's massacre the peasants) Greasy Dogg and Mark ( Let's get revenge for the Battle of Hastings) Francois were the other dinner guests. Corbyn would, by some margin, be the sanest at the table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024