Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thick footballer story number 117 20:34 - Dec 22 with 2769 viewsNoDiddley

Jason McAteer walks into a Pizza Hut & orders a 12” meat feast.
“ Did you want that cut into 4 or 8 sir” says the worker?
“ 4 will be fine” says Jason “ I couldn’t eat 8”
Thick footballer story number 117 on 21:47 - Dec 22 with 2555 viewsderbyhoop

Ian Rush left Liverpool to join Juventus but couldn't settle. "It was like living in a foreign country".

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Thick footballer story number 117 on 22:29 - Dec 22 with 2459 viewscolinallcars

In the early 70s, in their last game before Xmas, Derby players took the field each carrying a large square white board with a single black letter on it. They held the boards above their heads and faced the main stand so the boards read HAPPY CHRISTMAS. They then turned to the opposite stand and held up the boards so they read SAMTSIRHC YPPAH.
Thick footballer story number 117 on 22:33 - Dec 22 with 2448 viewsMyke

Brian Robson 'I wouldn't say we underestimated them, they were just better than we thought they would be'
Thick footballer story number 117 on 00:38 - Dec 23 with 2293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thick footballer story number 117 on 22:29 - Dec 22 by colinallcars

In the early 70s, in their last game before Xmas, Derby players took the field each carrying a large square white board with a single black letter on it. They held the boards above their heads and faced the main stand so the boards read HAPPY CHRISTMAS. They then turned to the opposite stand and held up the boards so they read SAMTSIRHC YPPAH.

I love that. So much.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Thick footballer story number 117 on 09:02 - Dec 23 with 2044 viewsenfieldargh

How about the team that takes a throw in and gives it straight back to the opposition

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Thick footballer story number 117 on 10:32 - Dec 23 with 1950 viewsTheChef

Willesden's finest, Dave Beasant - who was out of action for eight weeks when he dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Thick footballer story number 117 on 16:15 - Dec 23 with 1709 viewsrrrspricey

Ron Atkinson as a pundit

"I'm going to make a prediction, it could go either way."
Thick footballer story number 117 on 16:16 - Dec 23 with 1706 viewsNorthernr

There's also a story about McAteer cutting the bottom bit off the back of a shirt because it was longer than the front and he thought he'd managed to shrink the back but not the front in the wash.
Login to get fewer ads

Thick footballer story number 117 on 16:57 - Dec 23 with 1630 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The pizza story was always told about the New York Yankees Catcher, Yogi Berra, who had a world of paux fas.

It ain't over till it's over

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It's like déjà vu all over again.

You can observe a lot by just watching.

No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.

If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Thick footballer story number 117 on 17:09 - Dec 23 with 1588 viewslightwaterhoop

I had a football coach years ago who in training said 'were going on a run, follow me i will be right behind you'.
Thick footballer story number 117 on 19:25 - Dec 23 with 1452 viewsNoDiddley

Thick footballer story number 117 on 16:16 - Dec 23 by Northernr

There's also a story about McAteer cutting the bottom bit off the back of a shirt because it was longer than the front and he thought he'd managed to shrink the back but not the front in the wash.

The other McAteer one was he apparently finished training & went to get into his car but realised he’d locked the keys inside. A couple of Scally’s saw the problem & said to him if you get us a coat hanger we can drag the window down & unlatch the lock.
He returned with a wooden one.
Thick footballer story number 117 on 20:53 - Dec 23 with 1307 viewshamptonhillhoop

I think it was Rio Ferdinand who was once quoted as saying "It's time to step up to the mantlepiece"
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 9:42]
Thick footballer story number 117 on 22:11 - Dec 23 with 1205 viewseasthertsr

Paul Merson after watching nearly all of a boring match "I'm afraid it's turned into a bit of a damp squid Jeff"
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 22:13]
Thick footballer story number 117 on 09:41 - Dec 24 with 1052 viewsfrancisbowles

Alan Mullery who missed he 1966 World cup after ricking his back whilst cleaning his teeth!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024