Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 18:02 - Jan 9 with 1878 viewsandrew1302

It really did sum us up. The real chances to win the game. Kane incapable of making a cross and Timo H being dragged away from the man who then scores. There is a lot of criticism of MW but who bought these strikers. Dykes whilst not able to hit a barn door otherwise played well but Bonne? Really he is at best League 1. If the rumours are true we paid £3m plus for the 2 of them . Well for that money we should of bought a striker. Kakay is way better than Kane and Timo is i am sorry to say to the lad out of his depth at this level. The club better have a good window or League 1 here we come and i don't feel it will be 3rd from bottom, closer to bottom.
Today on 18:05 - Jan 9 with 1838 viewsDavieQPR

Was saying when the clamour for bringing Timo back from loan that he was not very good. Kakay is not much better and Kane has one decent game in ten.
Today on 19:31 - Jan 9 with 1679 viewsdigswellhoop

correct
Today on 07:34 - Jan 10 with 1475 viewsThe_Beast1976

I played centre half at semi-pro level and captained a few clubs in my time. Some of these goals we are conceding - there is no way we'd be conceding them if I was playing (even now in my 40s). The 'defending' (I use that term very loosely in the circumstances) being done by our lads is absolutely atrocious. How some of these lads can classify themselves as defenders is beyond me. They can't even do the very simple basics of defending, like following the man you are tracking/marking rather than ball watching, not giving your man too much space with and without the ball, staying low and within an arms length and keeping your eye on the ball and getting your foot in at just the right time when your man is running at you with the ball, shouting at your fellow defenders to track a 'runner' you can see out of the corner of your eye when you have been pulled out of position, trying to hold up the man with the ball and at the same time keep the angle for a potential pass closed off whilst your team mates get back from an attack, etc, etc, etc. There is an art to being a defender. Unfortunately none of our lads seem to have it in the slightest. I'd be embarrassed to be a part of our back 4, even now as a forty something who rarely plays football these days
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 8:21]
Today on 09:14 - Jan 10 with 1309 viewsthemodfather

to win games you need to score goals and this is a results business, are qpr winning? scoring? getting results?
no, wasted chances v fulham did for us, dykes hitting the upper loft around 75 mins was a bad miss, then soon after, why didn't kelman slide in for BOS excellent cross? fulham had a strong side out but until they scored it was an even game.
Today on 09:22 - Jan 10 with 1280 viewscpgerber

Who is this Timo??
Today on 09:26 - Jan 10 with 1254 viewsozexile

Today on 07:34 - Jan 10 by The_Beast1976

I played centre half at semi-pro level and captained a few clubs in my time. Some of these goals we are conceding - there is no way we'd be conceding them if I was playing (even now in my 40s). The 'defending' (I use that term very loosely in the circumstances) being done by our lads is absolutely atrocious. How some of these lads can classify themselves as defenders is beyond me. They can't even do the very simple basics of defending, like following the man you are tracking/marking rather than ball watching, not giving your man too much space with and without the ball, staying low and within an arms length and keeping your eye on the ball and getting your foot in at just the right time when your man is running at you with the ball, shouting at your fellow defenders to track a 'runner' you can see out of the corner of your eye when you have been pulled out of position, trying to hold up the man with the ball and at the same time keep the angle for a potential pass closed off whilst your team mates get back from an attack, etc, etc, etc. There is an art to being a defender. Unfortunately none of our lads seem to have it in the slightest. I'd be embarrassed to be a part of our back 4, even now as a forty something who rarely plays football these days

It's a dying art in the modern game it seems.
Today on 09:48 - Jan 10 with 1174 viewsgazza1

Today on 07:34 - Jan 10 by The_Beast1976

I don't disagree with much of what you say....generally in agreement but yesterday I feel it was our forwards that cost us the game. They should have finished it before we conceded two goals
Today on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1144 viewsDavieQPR

Our players have decided rather than be tempted to flaunt Covid restrictions by hugging and celebrating a goal it is easier not to score any.
Login to get fewer ads

Today on 10:07 - Jan 10 with 1119 viewsWatford_Ranger

Today on 09:22 - Jan 10 by cpgerber

Who is this Timo??

No idea.

Sampsa Timoska?
Today on 10:24 - Jan 10 with 1077 viewsMole_Senior

Let’s put this into context a little.... we held a premier league side at arms length for 90 minutes and created three guilt edge chances which sadly fell to Bonne x2 and Dykes. Fulham also created three good chances; took two and had one cleared off the line. That is the main difference between a championship team and a prem side.

Imagine if we had a coach like Pulis in charge? We’d then be applauding our shape and how solid we were and bemoaning how awful we are going forward!

On the whole, some of our football and passing was very pleasing on the eye and with the addition of Charlie I’m sure those goals will come (famous last words!!)
Today on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 1055 viewsMyke

Today on 09:22 - Jan 10 by cpgerber

Who is this Timo??

Niko's twin- but from what I have read here, not near as good apparently
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 10:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024