Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool 14:16 - Nov 7 with 2041 viewsLazyFan

Overall ...

The bad:
Amos was too high up the pitch, not his fault, it was a tactical decision that Warbs got wrong. Thus Dozzell who played well was on his own and isolated. Similar to when JoJo played on his own a lot and we struggled. This ceded the midfield to them and that's how they dominated the game from the middle.

We are short in LB, when your reserve reserve LB gets injured and we are forced replaced as at half-time (or is on a yellow and playing wild) then we are making do. Teams know this and will expose it as Blackpool did. Barbs is not an LB and against pacy opposition struggles, especially with no midfielders to lay it off too. NOt his fault just making do again and that's the problem.

The good:
Despite playing badly due to the wrong tactics, we still ground out an away draw and with the Curse of Sky present. This was also done without JoJo and hopefully, we have a LB and Dutchie return after the break. 4pts from two away games is credible and we are still in the top 6.

When Ball came on, Dozzel who played well had support and we started to control the game a lot more. Apparently, Chair on stats-wise surprisingly was MoM, along with Willock playing well means these two should start every game in front of 2 hanging back midfielders. Warbs needs to play JoJo and Dozzell when they are back, as Dozzell is really improving now.

But too many attacking players means we shall be exposed and be too open. We need two hanging back midfielders in front of the defence. Otherwise we shall struggle to dominate and win games.

zzzzzzzzzz

Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:14 - Nov 7 with 1732 viewsT_Block

Good points,but
1.Not convinced Amos was too high up pitch.Can you give example eg minute and how this affected things
2.Moses is not reserve really.He is first choice, but needs to believe in himself bait more.His advantage is his attacking play.Kakay is as a good defender as him.Having said that Moses has not produced many high quality crosses for Dykes.Kakay has done as well.

I think both sides took turns in ceding midfield in the first half then we scored and sat back a little.Having said that I thought the team worked very very hard.Injuries mean we are having to try different personal in different positions each week that does not help us slowly but surely ironing out issues and getting better.
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:31 - Nov 7 with 1653 viewsTGRRRSSS

At hear defensively we are still not up to it, the biggest problem Warbs seems to have as a manager is setting up the defensive side if the team, I think it's not just here either but in his previous managerial jobs as well.

We don't seem to look for a defensive midfielder, equally Dickie who I think could be PL level is not moving on as I would have thought, and I think this is coaching not working on the issues he can have particular in concentration
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:37 - Nov 7 with 1640 viewsT_Block

Cheap shot saying like previous clubs.Total bollocks.Different formation different team.
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:40 - Nov 7 with 1626 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't see why, for whatever reason Warbs isnt really the greatest setting up defensively - on the Reading Morrison thread he states it about great football but can get left wide open.

We don't' get many clean sheets do we???...
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:53 - Nov 7 with 1598 viewsFrankRightguard

Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 16:40 - Nov 7 by TGRRRSSS

I don't see why, for whatever reason Warbs isnt really the greatest setting up defensively - on the Reading Morrison thread he states it about great football but can get left wide open.

We don't' get many clean sheets do we???...

Only 4 of the last 9…
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 1568 viewsLogman

I don't think we should play with two deep lying central midfielders. If we have the wing backs pressed back that would leave us with only three attack minded players. There would be too big an onus on them. I think one DCM (preferably Ball) can work.
Observations of why we only got 1pt @ Blackpool on 17:27 - Nov 7 with 1487 viewsswisscottage

I don't think Amos was too high up the pitch necessarily, I just thought he wasn't up to the pace of the game and was chasing shadows for most of it.

I don't blame him though. The game was played at 100 miles an hour, and the few appearances he's had so far on his comeback would not have prepared him for that I don't think.

If Ball had started I think we wouldn't have been overrun in midfield quite so much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024