Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#1 Player-fan, discuss 14:07 - Nov 25 with 1283 viewsTomS

Kensalriser just made an observation on the Albert thread that Kevin Gallen is protective of his perceived status as the #1 Player-fan. Presumably that refers to a player who is also a fan of the club.

I think that statement is open to a lively debate. Let's discuss the alternatives.

From the same era, Marc Bircham will get a mention. I know he's a fan, but, and it's a big one, how many of us have a Millwall lion tattoo on our shoulder???

Lee Cook went above and beyond the call of duty as a supporter. He gave his sign on fee, reportedly approx GBP500k, to the club as he knew we were skint.

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:10 - Nov 25 with 1165 viewsmcqpr10

I love uncz. Brilliant player and character but he's no life long qpr fan. When he signed they asked him to name his favourite players when he was younger and he could only name charlie austin!
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 1153 viewsShadow

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:10 - Nov 25 by mcqpr10

I love uncz. Brilliant player and character but he's no life long qpr fan. When he signed they asked him to name his favourite players when he was younger and he could only name charlie austin!

He's exaggerated how much of a fan he is/was but the happiness he brings is more important.
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:44 - Nov 25 with 1063 viewsParkRoyalR

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:12 - Nov 25 by Shadow

He's exaggerated how much of a fan he is/was but the happiness he brings is more important.

I don't think he's exaggerated anything as his unrestrained joy shows he is a true fan,

Just because he is not from generations of R's fans or his dad didnt take him to games from birth does not make him less of a fan (mentioned himself was'nt much spare cash growing up so use to sell on any free tickets he got at school)

Maybe those circumstances explain his desire to play for the club and be so fit at his age that he can run 90 minutes for his club every game.

In answer to the question, has to be Lee Cook, as seems he put his money where his mouth was, and never short-changed the club with his attitude to training or being match-fit and available to play injuries permitting.
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 1052 viewsNorthernr

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:44 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

I don't think he's exaggerated anything as his unrestrained joy shows he is a true fan,

Just because he is not from generations of R's fans or his dad didnt take him to games from birth does not make him less of a fan (mentioned himself was'nt much spare cash growing up so use to sell on any free tickets he got at school)

Maybe those circumstances explain his desire to play for the club and be so fit at his age that he can run 90 minutes for his club every game.

In answer to the question, has to be Lee Cook, as seems he put his money where his mouth was, and never short-changed the club with his attitude to training or being match-fit and available to play injuries permitting.

Also good for a tray of jaeger bombs when he turns up in the Crown.
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:48 - Nov 25 with 1040 viewsRs_Holy

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:44 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

he moved to Shepherds Bush and supported his local team...top lad!... most would have supported ManUre or Liverpool
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 1020 viewsJuzzie

They're all #1 as far as I'm concerned. Don't think it needs to be tabled.
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:53 - Nov 25 with 1018 viewsParkRoyalR

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:45 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Also good for a tray of jaeger bombs when he turns up in the Crown.

Lee who? Albert's the man!
#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:53 - Nov 25 with 1009 viewsNorthernr

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:53 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

Lee who? Albert's the man!

Ha ha, sorry I meant Cook.
Login to get fewer ads

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:58 - Nov 25 with 986 viewsParkRoyalR

#1 Player-fan, discuss on 15:53 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Ha ha, sorry I meant Cook.

Bit of a slow head day, now you say it, sounds more of that era than Albert doing the full session in the C&S! But never say never.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024