Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalty for Shane Long? 11:59 - Jan 15 with 866 viewsDixie_CT

Seeing as P Once (International Superstar Soccer fake name on the Gameboy) thought it was a stonewall penalty and would have killed the game at 0-3, I wondered what others thought.

For me, it was the right decision given for the wrong reason.

There was contact between Long and Dickie. However, Long’s body position, mainly his legs, were already in clock hands at 2:40/8:10 position before Dickie attempted to win the ball.

The Ref said to the Long that Dickie had won the ball, but he didn’t, however Long was already putting his body into a position where he was going to go down.

Be interested to see the Ref’s score as I thought he was better than average. He let a lot more go than other refs, but some of those calls were wrong as they were fouls but I would rather see that than every contact being whistled for a foul.

Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:19 - Jan 15 with 774 viewsNoelmc

At the match, I thought it was a pen but not a great view as down the other end. On the ITV highlights last night it definitely wasn’t as Long tried to wrap his leg around Dickies. Good decision from the ref as some would probably have given it.
Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:22 - Jan 15 with 762 viewsLongsufferingR

Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:19 - Jan 15 by Noelmc

At the match, I thought it was a pen but not a great view as down the other end. On the ITV highlights last night it definitely wasn’t as Long tried to wrap his leg around Dickies. Good decision from the ref as some would probably have given it.

Exactly this. Also good to see the ref get the cards out for timewasting after 65 minutes rather than 94.
Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:32 - Jan 15 with 716 viewsNorthernr

I thought it was a stick on penalty at the time from the other end, but you watch it back and the referee has got it spot on - Long, experienced player, jumps across in front of the man. Referee yesterday was very decent I thought, best for sometime.
Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:39 - Jan 15 with 685 viewsE17hoop

Penalty for Shane Long? on 12:32 - Jan 15 by Northernr

I thought it was a stick on penalty at the time from the other end, but you watch it back and the referee has got it spot on - Long, experienced player, jumps across in front of the man. Referee yesterday was very decent I thought, best for sometime.

Same.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024