Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr ladies 20:01 - Feb 5 with 2245 viewsstowmarketrange

Our ladies team were playing at Norwich today,and as my daughter didn’t have a game I thought I’d pop along to see them at the closest venue to me.
We got there about 1.55,so it was just early enough to pay the £6 entrance fee and see the teams come out.
We started very well and possibly should’ve taken the lead,but in typical Qpr luck the goal bound shot hit one of our players on the way in and rebounded to safety.Norwich then broke away and scored the opener against the run of play on about 30 mins.There was no further scoring before Ht.
After a hot drink from the tea bar we went behind the goal that the R’s were attacking,but unfortunately Norwich scored another very quickly into the 2nd half.We then scored 2 very quick goals to draw level on about 65 minutes,and it looked like either side could’ve gone on to win it.
Norwich then scored another 2 quick goals,which included a hat trick goal for the best striker in the league,Natasha Snelling.We then pulled another goal back,but we didn’t have any real chances to force an equaliser in the remaining minutes,and it finished 4-3 to the hosts.
There was a bizarre incident in the last minute which involved one of our defenders getting sin binned until the game ended.What she did to deserve it only the ref and the players knew.

It was a good battling display by our team,but I guess the score line was a fair reflection on the game,but we really enjoyed all 3 of our goals being scored in the goal that we were stood behind.

The attendance was 318,and that included at least 4 qpr fans,but it was no disgrace to lose a close game to a team that are going for a promotion place.And at least the girls didn’t have to drive themselves this week as there was a coach laid on for them.

I was told that a few of the team are qpr fans and a couple are season ticket holders,so if any of them should read this messageboard I’d like to tell them how well they played today and they should be proud of themselves.Our scorers were Brogan Moore,Grace Stanley and another whose name escapes me at the minute.Sorry.

Don’t give up your day job Clive as I’m not ready to take over from you yet.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 20:13]
Qpr ladies on 20:31 - Feb 5 with 2134 viewsTacticalR

Thanks stowmarketrange. It sounds like we were in the game until the end.

Is The Nest somewhere fans can get to easily, or do you have to have a car to get there?

Air hostess clique

Qpr ladies on 20:35 - Feb 5 with 2119 viewsstowmarketrange

Qpr ladies on 20:31 - Feb 5 by TacticalR

Thanks stowmarketrange. It sounds like we were in the game until the end.

Is The Nest somewhere fans can get to easily, or do you have to have a car to get there?

It’s right opposite Norwich airport so there must be buses going that way,but it’s a 4 mile walk from the station at least.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 20:37]
Qpr ladies on 15:03 - Feb 6 with 1820 viewsPinnerPaul

Sin bin would have been for dissent - they are not used for any other reason in the UK.
Qpr ladies on 15:46 - Feb 6 with 1756 viewsTacticalR

Qpr ladies on 20:35 - Feb 5 by stowmarketrange

It’s right opposite Norwich airport so there must be buses going that way,but it’s a 4 mile walk from the station at least.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 20:37]

I was wondering what it's like for the Norwich fans to get there. A lot of women's games seem to be in out of the way places.

Air hostess clique

Qpr ladies on 17:04 - Feb 6 with 1675 viewsstowmarketrange

Qpr ladies on 15:46 - Feb 6 by TacticalR

I was wondering what it's like for the Norwich fans to get there. A lot of women's games seem to be in out of the way places.

The car park was full,and there were a lot of families in attendance.It’s a shame that our owners don’t seem to have the same level of interest in our women’s team.They wear our shirts and carry our name,but they virtually have to fund themselves.
Qpr ladies on 19:18 - Feb 6 with 1554 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The last two posts I've read from SMR are about his trips to see QPR Women and Jim Davidson. He's nothing if not varied.

Good luck to our women's side; lest we forget that one of our former daughters did to Germany what only SGH has managed when it really matters!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Qpr ladies on 22:47 - Feb 6 with 1431 viewsstowmarketrange

Qpr ladies on 19:18 - Feb 6 by PlanetHonneywood

The last two posts I've read from SMR are about his trips to see QPR Women and Jim Davidson. He's nothing if not varied.

Good luck to our women's side; lest we forget that one of our former daughters did to Germany what only SGH has managed when it really matters!

I know which of the two was more entertaining and better value,and it wasn’t listening to a bitter and twisted old man moan about why he isn’t on tv any more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024