Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation 00:49 - Jul 15 with 894 viewsnumptydumpty

Due to :

1. As yet no new Director of Football.

2. A very limited finance available this season so we keep within FFP rules.

3. The loss already of many senior players in the close season.

4. More younger players on pre season.

5. A manager with so called limited style of football

6. A large expenditure allowed for new training facilities.

7. On the back of a season that was very limited success.

8. As yet very few new players brought in.

9. Potential loss of other senior players.

10. Ownership change.

11. Many more bigger clubs in this league.

12.Worst home record for many years last season

13.Still possess a few players with various and consistent injury problems.

Given all the above what are your expectations for the season ahead and is the main target simply to avoid the drop zone.

Reasons to be cheerful ...

For some totally weird and inexplicable reasons given much of the above, I think we will be generally decent and possibly mid table. God knows why I think that.

Logic says the opposite but logic and football are not everyday bedfellows !!!!

[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 0:57]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 00:58 - Jul 15 with 846 viewsBoston

oh please - some of us were around in 68 / 69, we're still around.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 01:07 - Jul 15 with 826 viewsnumptydumpty

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 00:58 - Jul 15 by Boston

oh please - some of us were around in 68 / 69, we're still around.

Don't understand the reply

I was stating we have had a very bad run but for some weird reason, I think we will do OK.

1969 can't remember Boston.

Was trying to say I think despite a lot of sh#t circumstances we could surprise

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 08:30 - Jul 15 with 683 viewsE15Hoop

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 01:07 - Jul 15 by numptydumpty

Don't understand the reply

I was stating we have had a very bad run but for some weird reason, I think we will do OK.

1969 can't remember Boston.

Was trying to say I think despite a lot of sh#t circumstances we could surprise

No-one will be surprised to hear that I agree with you 100%, Numpty.

I've seen a number of posters underestimate the impact that a strong Band of Brothers-type spirit amongst the team can have, but you only have to remember that the Wycombe side that won promotion to the Champ were hotly tipped for relegation to League Two that same season to know the difference that can make.

In addition, we do have a handful of significant weapons in our armoury: Taylor Richards' skills, Sinclair Armstrong's strength, pace, determination, Paul Smyth's pace, Sam Field's resilience and if Willock and Chair do stay, I think they'll feel like new signings.

Whatever doesn't work this season for whatever reason, the one thing I think you can 100% be certain of is that we will have a team that fights for each other and isn't allowed by the management to look at any situation as a lost cause. That in itself will be a massive upgrade to what we saw in that sh*tty mid period last season, and I think that will go a long way to keeping us above the line come season's end.
The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 09:07 - Jul 15 with 644 viewsChrisNW6

The objective this season is ..... avoid relegation on 08:30 - Jul 15 by E15Hoop

No-one will be surprised to hear that I agree with you 100%, Numpty.

I've seen a number of posters underestimate the impact that a strong Band of Brothers-type spirit amongst the team can have, but you only have to remember that the Wycombe side that won promotion to the Champ were hotly tipped for relegation to League Two that same season to know the difference that can make.

In addition, we do have a handful of significant weapons in our armoury: Taylor Richards' skills, Sinclair Armstrong's strength, pace, determination, Paul Smyth's pace, Sam Field's resilience and if Willock and Chair do stay, I think they'll feel like new signings.

Whatever doesn't work this season for whatever reason, the one thing I think you can 100% be certain of is that we will have a team that fights for each other and isn't allowed by the management to look at any situation as a lost cause. That in itself will be a massive upgrade to what we saw in that sh*tty mid period last season, and I think that will go a long way to keeping us above the line come season's end.

6. A large expenditure allowed for new training facilities.

Not sure why this is on a list of negative factors? We are not spending money or signing players due to investing in our facilities. This should be on the really short list of positive factors helping us to avoid relegation. You can add it to team building in the Austrian treetops 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024