Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula 22:24 - Nov 21 with 5099 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's have some memories of the forgotten heroes(without someone satin they ain't forgotten mate)Let's share our memories without any digging on thread title or comments, Let's share the love for the ones. Gino Padula...What do you remember?

Personally I remember not rating him at first but then just seeing him as an absolute first name on the team sheet. Sliding tackles a plenty, and a delivery we wouldn't mind now...share your thoughts...
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:34 - Nov 21 with 3971 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:37 - Nov 21 with 3960 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:34 - Nov 21 by qpr_1968

Definitely a hero....Right Back...I played there...but Episode:1 is all-out Gino.....but I love a bit of Bardsley.....quality...everytime
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:40 - Nov 21 with 3952 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:34 - Nov 21 by qpr_1968

As mentioned...we are are not talking about Wilson.....but what a wand of a left foot.....then he went to spurs
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 01:19 - Nov 22 with 3870 viewsNordicR

I was at this game. It was perhaps my third or fourth visit to LR.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:11 - Nov 22 with 3778 viewsNorthernr

Gino had actually played against us, for Walsall, in their only season in the Championship. We won 3-2 at the Bescott but I've no idea how because him, and Paul Hall as always, ripped us apart up one side. So I was delighted when we signed him, super confused and pissd off that we didn't pick him, and very smug when he got in and the team suddenly started winning.

Thought we bombed him out too soon as well, all because of politics behind the scenes as ever.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:32 - Nov 22 with 3738 viewsdannyblue

I was at this game, behind the goal in the loft. Loved this goal, pretty much watched Bards making his run from the half way line, at least in my memory. Wonderful player. Played very simply, but just fantastic deliveries from deep, and simple balls inside to Ray or down the line to Imps.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:24 - Nov 22 with 3667 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:11 - Nov 22 by Northernr

Gino had actually played against us, for Walsall, in their only season in the Championship. We won 3-2 at the Bescott but I've no idea how because him, and Paul Hall as always, ripped us apart up one side. So I was delighted when we signed him, super confused and pissd off that we didn't pick him, and very smug when he got in and the team suddenly started winning.

Thought we bombed him out too soon as well, all because of politics behind the scenes as ever.

Definitely got rid too soon!
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:40 - Nov 22 with 3622 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Some might recall Sebby Garcia - the Argie fans brought over in the mid-noughties.

I met Sebby in Buenos Aires a few years earlier, and at the time, he was working on a TV program called, 'Simplemente Football'. One of his tasks was to compile footage of Argentine footballers' exploits overseas. One day, Seb sends me the clip he'd prepared for that week's broadcast, damn near wet myself watching it!

The voice over has a real deep accent - think the General off the Fastshow - and so off he goes detailing the endeavours of the likes of Senors Higuain, Crespo, Veron etc. from various European elite clubs and leagues, and then the piece ends thus: 'y finalmente, en Inglaterra, Gino Padula anota para el Quinns Parque Raangers contra Haartlaypool'.

The good people of Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay simultaneously treated to an update of Gino and third tier QPR.

Simplemente hermoso!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 12:13 - Nov 22 with 3585 viewsNorthernr

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 11:24 - Nov 22 by Midlands_Ranger

Definitely got rid too soon!

Cost us a lot of money in court to do so as well. Another fine mess we worked ourselves into.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 12:53 - Nov 22 with 3515 viewsRs_Holy

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 20:45 - Nov 22 with 3332 viewsBoston

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OLC.h5t4X2J2kF3bWA480x360?&w=960&h=960&rs=1&pid=ImgDet

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 21:26 - Nov 22 with 3280 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 12:53 - Nov 22 by Rs_Holy

Really did seem to enjoy playing with us, always good to see that in a player.

Really appreciate the replies as it's my first ever thread and post all in one so cheers!
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 23:07 - Nov 22 with 3210 viewsjohann28

Didn't he score direct from a corner once? Can't seem to find it on YT
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 02:09 - Nov 23 with 3151 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Now running a soccer academy in Ohio. Any prospects you can point our way, Gino?
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 06:13 - Nov 23 with 3117 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 23:07 - Nov 22 by johann28

I have a brief recollection that this happened....also can't find the evidence
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 07:35 - Nov 23 with 3077 viewsstevec

Gino an integral part of a side that cared, that team was a pleasure to follow.

My memory of him was an away game at Brentford where his effort to clear his lines resulted in him disappearing head first through rows and rows of empty seats in the Brentford stand, then after a few seconds re-emerging back on the pitch, somehow or other still in one piece.
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 08:42 - Nov 23 with 3031 viewsNorthernr

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 23:07 - Nov 22 by johann28

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 09:45 - Nov 23 with 2968 viewsGloucs_R

Loved Gino. Definitely one of my favorite players over the last 20 odd years.

He had a really big personality, which goes down well with the fans and he was always on the end of away fans taunts because of his long flowing locks.

Who could forget the alien.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 10:31 - Nov 23 with 2923 viewsQPunkR

Loved him as a player.

I was living in Málaga at the end of Gino's stay at LR and the very day after he got bombed out to Forest some mates were visiting me from England. One of them chose to wear his Rangers shirt and while we were sitting on the train down the coast an older gent sat next to us and pointed at my mate's shirt saying "Quins Park Erangerz?" Of course we said yes and, through lots of sign language, managed to find out that he was Gino's dad (interestingly, his Spanish was terrible - obv he's Italian but I presumed he would have picked up some lingo while in Argentina).

Of course we didn't believe him, but he pulled out a photo of a fella looking like Jesus from his wallet and it was indeed our Gino. Pepe (for I'm sure I recall that was his name) explained that Gino had never wanted to leave Rangers and was absolutely broken up about being forced out.

He gave me Gino's email address and I wrote to him in Spanish that evening thanking him for his service and saying he'd be welcome back any time, not expecting a response. However, the very next morning I checked my inbox and he had messaged me back, complete with beautiful words about how much he loves the Club and fans and would dream of returning some day. Anyway, we ended up carrying on this email conversation for some time and it turns out he was a really lovely fella.

QPR - "shit but local"

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 14:05 - Nov 23 with 2820 viewsBoston

Gino today...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 2738 viewsqpr_1968

not so much a hero.....
more of a cult hero....

put a lot of smiles on faces that day......and also knocked a few off, notably dennis laws.

dennis bailey

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 17:32 - Nov 23 with 2717 viewsqpr_1968

sorry midlands just read your opening thread properly.

hope i aint ruined it......just ignore the bardsley and bailey bits.

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 18:50 - Nov 23 with 2678 viewsMatch82

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 06:13 - Nov 23 by Midlands_Ranger

I have a brief recollection that this happened....also can't find the evidence

Definitely did.

Side bar: was on a work team bonding day somewhere in central London couple of days after that happened, everyone had a meal together at lunchtime and then made their way to the afternoon activity, couple of fellas said they were going to walk and go to a pub on the way so I figured I'd join them. Went into the pub and everyone was standing there with a big projector screen which happened to be showing the championship highlights. But weird I thought, but good for me. Started playing the QPR game and watched Gino curl it in straight from the corner, then got extremely annoyed as the big screen started to ascend into the ceiling. 30 seconds later a stripper came out onto the stage and started doing her thing. Not bad, but not a patch on Gino curling it in straight from the corner
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 2592 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 17:32 - Nov 23 by qpr_1968

sorry midlands just read your opening thread properly.

hope i aint ruined it......just ignore the bardsley and bailey bits.

No it's all good, enjoyed the input
Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 22:38 - Nov 23 with 2590 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Let's reminisce heroes....series...no:1 Gino Padula on 18:50 - Nov 23 by Match82

Definitely did.

Side bar: was on a work team bonding day somewhere in central London couple of days after that happened, everyone had a meal together at lunchtime and then made their way to the afternoon activity, couple of fellas said they were going to walk and go to a pub on the way so I figured I'd join them. Went into the pub and everyone was standing there with a big projector screen which happened to be showing the championship highlights. But weird I thought, but good for me. Started playing the QPR game and watched Gino curl it in straight from the corner, then got extremely annoyed as the big screen started to ascend into the ceiling. 30 seconds later a stripper came out onto the stage and started doing her thing. Not bad, but not a patch on Gino curling it in straight from the corner

Gino curling on in from a corner...followed by a stripper....quite the combination...I like it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024