Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair not In Morocco squad 13:59 - Dec 28 with 4410 viewsloftboy

Was half expecting a surprise call up.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:00 - Dec 28 with 3222 viewsLblock

This is good news.

It's levelled out though by the news that Sierra Leonne didn't qualify

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:06 - Dec 28 with 3197 viewstraininvain

It’s good news but Chair can’t be too happy and must look at some of his teammates with disdain. He’s given his heart and soul to this club and it’s probably cost him the chance to represent his country.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:53 - Dec 28 with 3085 viewsdaveB

Thats really good news for us
Chair not In Morocco squad on 20:16 - Dec 28 with 2809 viewsstainrods_elbow

We'll all agree Chair deserves so much better. I think he's the first player at QPR I've actually wanted to leave, however much it hurts the team, for his sake rather than ours.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair not In Morocco squad on 21:34 - Dec 28 with 2767 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:06 - Dec 28 by traininvain

It’s good news but Chair can’t be too happy and must look at some of his teammates with disdain. He’s given his heart and soul to this club and it’s probably cost him the chance to represent his country.

Chair needs to look no further than himself,

Playing with lesser players at ours didn't cost Eze or hold back his career.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 23:14 - Dec 28 with 2649 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Alhamdillah!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chair not In Morocco squad on 23:31 - Dec 28 with 2622 viewslightwaterhoop

Chair not In Morocco squad on 21:34 - Dec 28 by ParkRoyalR

Eze plays for Crystal Palace when he is not injured,can we stop going on about him on this MB.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 01:39 - Dec 29 with 2503 viewsnumptydumpty

This is a surprise for me.

Actuall for me, this potentially increases his saleability.

Ie Would have been unavailable for first month of start with any potential new club.

He is a class above here but for me, he is an ideal squad player for a promotion challenging team.

Still hasn't learnt to cross at the first opportunity- whether that is not trusting our strikers - understandable - or whether he is slightly greedy. Probably bit of both.

Hopefully Himself and Mr Willock enjoy the odd skilful interlude on the pitch between themselves.

But realistically we really need him here for the whole season to avoid relegation.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Chair not In Morocco squad on 08:55 - Dec 29 with 2375 viewsSpaceman_P

I agree but the ship has sailed.... he's a good player but he's not fantastic.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 11:10 - Dec 29 with 2228 viewsStanisgod

Chair not In Morocco squad on 23:31 - Dec 28 by lightwaterhoop

Eze plays for Crystal Palace when he is not injured,can we stop going on about him on this MB.

You obviously didn't get the point of the post. It's a valid point , also is it a new rule we can't talk about ex players ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:09 - Dec 29 with 2157 viewstraininvain

Chair not In Morocco squad on 21:34 - Dec 28 by ParkRoyalR

Eze’s a better player than Chair and played in a comparatively stronger team (Hugill, Wells, Bright, Chair etc) that allowed him to flourish before his big move to Palace.

Chair has his faults (he wouldn’t be at the club otherwise) but he’s our best attacking player, usually fit and always gives his all on the pitch.

It can’t be easy playing alongside donkeys like Kakay, Dunne, Dozzell, Dykes etc. And I very much doubt it’s helped Chair’s chances of playing for his country.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:29 - Dec 29 with 2116 viewsgazza1

Surely we are not putting Chair in the same bracket as Eze......not surprising if posters are but whoever they are massively wrong.

Chair is decent and good for us and maybe could play for a top Championship teams and do OK but the Premiership is 'different gravy' and he would be in real trouble if he held the ball as long as he does doing his tricks. Not knocking Chair but putting a bit of realism into the thread.

As for Morocco, he cant get a start and has not been able to for a long time so why keep picking him - give youngsters a chance. Good for us.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:46 - Dec 29 with 2064 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:09 - Dec 29 by traininvain

Eze’s a better player than Chair and played in a comparatively stronger team (Hugill, Wells, Bright, Chair etc) that allowed him to flourish before his big move to Palace.

Chair has his faults (he wouldn’t be at the club otherwise) but he’s our best attacking player, usually fit and always gives his all on the pitch.

It can’t be easy playing alongside donkeys like Kakay, Dunne, Dozzell, Dykes etc. And I very much doubt it’s helped Chair’s chances of playing for his country.

Agree Eze played in a better team and it helped when he played more central in the team,

Disagree Chair is our best attacker, as Willock is a level above when fully fit, as we saw last year, and even when not fully match-fit we have seen in his recent cameo's that he has better end product than Chair,

Marti needs to do what none of our previous Managers have done which is compensate for Chairs flaws (head-down so does'nt see the early pass, takes too many touches and should use his left foot more)

2nd goal at Preston showed how effective Chair can be if he works on these flaws, hoping this is down to Marti's coaching and not a one-off, as in Willock's absence, we have very few other ways of scoring other than getting the ball into the box first time (as Chair also did v Swansea)
Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:00 - Dec 29 with 2034 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:29 - Dec 29 by gazza1

Surely we are not putting Chair in the same bracket as Eze......not surprising if posters are but whoever they are massively wrong.

Chair is decent and good for us and maybe could play for a top Championship teams and do OK but the Premiership is 'different gravy' and he would be in real trouble if he held the ball as long as he does doing his tricks. Not knocking Chair but putting a bit of realism into the thread.

As for Morocco, he cant get a start and has not been able to for a long time so why keep picking him - give youngsters a chance. Good for us.

I only made the comparison as its one we can all relate to,

I could have used Willock or Eze as both play with their head-up and are constantly looking for the best early passing option for team,

I could have used Bobby Moore, but different position and different era, but the reason he compensated so well for his lack of pace was he saw things early as he played with his shoulders back and head up, as do Eze & Willock whereas Chair's body shape when receiving the ball is very different,

Chair's instinct & natural body position when receiving the ball is to get his head over it & start running with his head-down, these first three or four seconds are crucial for opposing defences to re-set,

So the big question is, also relative to the Armstrong thread, for a player who has so many natural gifts (desire, tenacity, stamina, ball control, ball striking) why have our Coaching Team not addressed this flaw in the last 6 years?

If its unfixable, at least don't play him in a position (on the left touchline) that exacerbates this flaw,

Play him in the middle of the park where he can find more space to get his head-up and show-case his short & long passing and shooting from distance,

Remember his loan at Stevenage and those two worldies, it was the same size pitch and same size goals, and he sure is'nt scoring those for us from the left touchline!
Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:11 - Dec 29 with 2018 viewstraininvain

Chair not In Morocco squad on 13:46 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

Agree Eze played in a better team and it helped when he played more central in the team,

Disagree Chair is our best attacker, as Willock is a level above when fully fit, as we saw last year, and even when not fully match-fit we have seen in his recent cameo's that he has better end product than Chair,

Marti needs to do what none of our previous Managers have done which is compensate for Chairs flaws (head-down so does'nt see the early pass, takes too many touches and should use his left foot more)

2nd goal at Preston showed how effective Chair can be if he works on these flaws, hoping this is down to Marti's coaching and not a one-off, as in Willock's absence, we have very few other ways of scoring other than getting the ball into the box first time (as Chair also did v Swansea)

I agree that Willock’s a more talented attacking threat with a higher ceiling in terms of his potential. But I wouldn’t say he’s our best attacker due to his persistent injury problems/lack of availability and the few times we’ve seen his best on the pitch over the past 12-15 months. Not much use being our most talented attacking player if he’s rarely on the pitch to prove it.

Chair’s obviously flawed and he wouldn’t still be with us otherwise. I doubt there’s a sliver bullet that will suddenly eradicate the flaws from his game overnight as they’ve persisted with various different managers and coaching teams. It’s interesting that his best form came under Warburton (and Eustace) who was probably the best manager/coaching team we’ve had over the past few years imo.

Where we disagree is that you place more emphasis on Chair’s weaknesses as the determining factor whereas I think the bigger issue is the quality of the players around him, the lack of movement in front of him etc. It’s no coincidence that Chair’s best patches of form for the club have been while playing alongside Eze and a fully fit Willock which suggests that he’d do well playing for a mid to upper championship team with better attacking players around him.

It’s probably a combination of the two issues (his flaws vs quality around him) but I very much that Chair getting the ball into the box earlier is going to suddenly compensate for the lack of movement from Dykes or the lack of bodies in the box when we attack.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:20 - Dec 29 with 2000 viewsgazza1

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:00 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

I only made the comparison as its one we can all relate to,

I could have used Willock or Eze as both play with their head-up and are constantly looking for the best early passing option for team,

I could have used Bobby Moore, but different position and different era, but the reason he compensated so well for his lack of pace was he saw things early as he played with his shoulders back and head up, as do Eze & Willock whereas Chair's body shape when receiving the ball is very different,

Chair's instinct & natural body position when receiving the ball is to get his head over it & start running with his head-down, these first three or four seconds are crucial for opposing defences to re-set,

So the big question is, also relative to the Armstrong thread, for a player who has so many natural gifts (desire, tenacity, stamina, ball control, ball striking) why have our Coaching Team not addressed this flaw in the last 6 years?

If its unfixable, at least don't play him in a position (on the left touchline) that exacerbates this flaw,

Play him in the middle of the park where he can find more space to get his head-up and show-case his short & long passing and shooting from distance,

Remember his loan at Stevenage and those two worldies, it was the same size pitch and same size goals, and he sure is'nt scoring those for us from the left touchline!

Regards your Chair's comments......ask opposition supports who they fear most and who they thought was our best player. I have spoken to a few, Saints, Millwall, Ipswich fans and Chair is top of the list. I will watch Chair to see if he plays with his head down as much as you suggest but I would doubt that he does but I will look.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:30 - Dec 29 with 1979 viewskensalriser

Chair is so far and away our best player it’s not even a serious discussion. If we had a dozen players with his ability, work rate, application and fitness record we’d be in the top six.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:36 - Dec 29 with 1972 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:11 - Dec 29 by traininvain

I agree that Willock’s a more talented attacking threat with a higher ceiling in terms of his potential. But I wouldn’t say he’s our best attacker due to his persistent injury problems/lack of availability and the few times we’ve seen his best on the pitch over the past 12-15 months. Not much use being our most talented attacking player if he’s rarely on the pitch to prove it.

Chair’s obviously flawed and he wouldn’t still be with us otherwise. I doubt there’s a sliver bullet that will suddenly eradicate the flaws from his game overnight as they’ve persisted with various different managers and coaching teams. It’s interesting that his best form came under Warburton (and Eustace) who was probably the best manager/coaching team we’ve had over the past few years imo.

Where we disagree is that you place more emphasis on Chair’s weaknesses as the determining factor whereas I think the bigger issue is the quality of the players around him, the lack of movement in front of him etc. It’s no coincidence that Chair’s best patches of form for the club have been while playing alongside Eze and a fully fit Willock which suggests that he’d do well playing for a mid to upper championship team with better attacking players around him.

It’s probably a combination of the two issues (his flaws vs quality around him) but I very much that Chair getting the ball into the box earlier is going to suddenly compensate for the lack of movement from Dykes or the lack of bodies in the box when we attack.

Agree how Warburton saw an opportunity to turn a weakness (always cutting in on his right foot) into a strength, by allowing Chair to draw the defender and play the reverse pass option to the overlapping Left Wing Back / Midfielder (Lee Wallace) to such good effect,

In the same way most of our players regress under our Coaching Staff and Managers, we just have to hope Marti can get Chair running games the way Barry Bannan can, as I feel Larkeche has shown the skillset to replace Chair on the Left Flank which allows Chair to replace Dozzell in the middle and see more of the ball in more space which can only help this team.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:49 - Dec 29 with 1958 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:20 - Dec 29 by gazza1

Regards your Chair's comments......ask opposition supports who they fear most and who they thought was our best player. I have spoken to a few, Saints, Millwall, Ipswich fans and Chair is top of the list. I will watch Chair to see if he plays with his head down as much as you suggest but I would doubt that he does but I will look.

Gazza,

Can't believe you have'nt seen this in all your time watching Chair, you only have to think of his body-shape when he runs with the ball and think how the likes of Eze and other top players run with their shoulders back and head-up,

A good example of what showcases Chair's skills and this fundamental flaw is his counter-attack from deep in our half against Stoke, where he hit a 40 yard pass with the outside of his right-foot (superb hollywood pass) that the defender scuffed, it then richocheted off EDB in front of Smyth who missed an easy chance.

If you watch Chair pick up the ball he's head-down and running for the first 30 yards, takes 4 or 5 touches and we lose 4 or 5 seconds. A top player like Eze gets his head up after the first touch and knows he can move the ball quicker by passing than running with it as he did from a similar position when he planted one on Nakki Wells head from 50 yards for that great goal.

I'm not digging Chair out, he's a top lad, but we either build a team around him (in the middle) or support him on the flank with Larkeche etc as Warburton did with Wallace in a 5-3-2 formation.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:04 - Dec 29 with 1927 viewsgazza1

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:49 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza,

Can't believe you have'nt seen this in all your time watching Chair, you only have to think of his body-shape when he runs with the ball and think how the likes of Eze and other top players run with their shoulders back and head-up,

A good example of what showcases Chair's skills and this fundamental flaw is his counter-attack from deep in our half against Stoke, where he hit a 40 yard pass with the outside of his right-foot (superb hollywood pass) that the defender scuffed, it then richocheted off EDB in front of Smyth who missed an easy chance.

If you watch Chair pick up the ball he's head-down and running for the first 30 yards, takes 4 or 5 touches and we lose 4 or 5 seconds. A top player like Eze gets his head up after the first touch and knows he can move the ball quicker by passing than running with it as he did from a similar position when he planted one on Nakki Wells head from 50 yards for that great goal.

I'm not digging Chair out, he's a top lad, but we either build a team around him (in the middle) or support him on the flank with Larkeche etc as Warburton did with Wallace in a 5-3-2 formation.

I will but I am away a bit for the next month.......I'm not perfect, my name isn't Norf . perhaps he does run with his head down but he is still a very dangerous player going forward.

But Wallace if you recall, was not rated by many on this board but I liked him a lot, was a proper attacking LB who made some really good prompting forward runs giving us options but I suppose a bit of a different system with Warburton.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:10 - Dec 29 with 1924 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:04 - Dec 29 by gazza1

I will but I am away a bit for the next month.......I'm not perfect, my name isn't Norf . perhaps he does run with his head down but he is still a very dangerous player going forward.

But Wallace if you recall, was not rated by many on this board but I liked him a lot, was a proper attacking LB who made some really good prompting forward runs giving us options but I suppose a bit of a different system with Warburton.

Part-timer! Hope you can enjoy an up-turn in our fortunes from a distance.

Agree he's a very dangerous player and Warburton seemed to get more out of him in a different formation, hope Marti can do likewise.

Not expecting today's team and formation to dictate how we approach January's crucial fixtures but interesting none the less.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:22 - Dec 29 with 1900 viewsTheChef

Chair not In Morocco squad on 14:49 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza,

Exactly - these are all areas he can improve on.

But in a struggling team he doesn't seem to trust his team mates and then feels he needs to do everything himself. Which is bringing down his overall performance.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:41 - Dec 29 with 1857 viewstraininvain

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:22 - Dec 29 by TheChef

Exactly - these are all areas he can improve on.

But in a struggling team he doesn't seem to trust his team mates and then feels he needs to do everything himself. Which is bringing down his overall performance.

He doesn’t trust most of his teammates because they’re sub standard. A few years ago he looked up and had Eze, Bright, Manning, Wells etc around him. Now it’s Kakay, Dozzell, Dykes and a half fit Willock if he’s lucky. It’s not difficult to see why his performances have dropped off.
Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 1826 viewsgazza1

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:41 - Dec 29 by traininvain

He doesn’t trust most of his teammates because they’re sub standard. A few years ago he looked up and had Eze, Bright, Manning, Wells etc around him. Now it’s Kakay, Dozzell, Dykes and a half fit Willock if he’s lucky. It’s not difficult to see why his performances have dropped off.

I do not believe that this is the case whatsoever.......
Chair not In Morocco squad on 16:45 - Dec 29 with 1749 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair not In Morocco squad on 15:56 - Dec 29 by gazza1

I do not believe that this is the case whatsoever.......

Totally agree, another of our myths, seriously, when does he ever look up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024