Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crumbling optimism Wednesday 09:50 - May 9 with 3050 viewsLewes_r

Looking at message boards Bolton fans were ready to hang themselves sunday evening.. Totally deflated and sure they were down.. Likewise we were possibly overly optimistic.

Looking on their boards now they are starting to believe they can win it and are laughing at our pitch invasion, hoping coyle uses it in their team talk..

I must say im kacking it now.. I Was charged with a drink fuelled super confidence on Sunday..Cisse.. Saviour even though we did barely enough to win..but as the week wears on the confidence is crumbling away.. Dont care what anyone says we will not get anything at citeh.. We have to rely on those stokies.. Dont sit well with me I must admit..

Im having real problems believing we have an 85% chance of staying up because really.. is it actually in our own hands?

Anyone care to dispel my fears or do you put the whole thing at about 50/50?

Incredibly, each week seems to get more excruciating than the last...

I honestly wont know what to do with myself on Sunday.. Might be a beer breakfast.

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 09:53 - May 9 with 2181 viewssmegma

No one has the answer to any of your questions. All will be revealed on Sunday. Can't wait.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 09:54 - May 9 with 2172 viewstimcocking

I think we all think this now. Sh!t.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 09:59 - May 9 with 2152 viewslondonscottish

I'm back to 50:50

It's a cup final for Bolton and anything could happen in that match.

Until I see Stoke 2-0 up and/or the final whistle goes with Bolton drawing or behind I will be watching from behind my fingers. Behind my sofa. etc

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:04 - May 9 with 2109 viewsreal_loftus

Man up Branagh!

What will be, will be.

ATAF

ATAF.

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:14 - May 9 with 2079 viewskingsburyR

We will get a point on Sunday.

Then Stoke can do whatever they want.

Bolton stuff us on the first game of the season, we repay with interest on the last!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:16 - May 9 with 2062 views18StoneOfHoop

Distinctly not cacking myself prematurely.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:26 - May 9 with 2016 viewsstuabd

They may be going for the title but I don't think they're a great team. They may turn into one over the next few seasons, but at the moment, their individual parts are greater than ours, but if they get rattled, who knows.

It's obvious, but we could really do with a solid first 20 minutes to get them thinking about it. We'll need some luck, but it may just be our day.

Agree about not feeling right trusting Stoke to do the business. I think the best thing going for Bolton is that they know they have to win. They have to be positive and that may get a performance out of them. saying that, they could also be knackered after the last few weeks. Please please can Crouchie score a first half hat-trick so we can enjoy it.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:31 - May 9 with 1995 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've been telling everyone we are going down, so that way:

A) I don't look a mug if we do
B) If we don't I get congratulations and I wont look smug in a 'I told you so' kind of way.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:32 - May 9 with 1984 viewsdaveB

the pitch invasion wasn't really a we're safe invasion. I think most on the pitch just went on as it was the last home game.

I think Bolton are still in a good position and have it in their own hands, if they win they are safe imo.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:33 - May 9 with 1985 viewsGetMeRangers

It was mentioned on the Open all R's podcast that stoke have never won a final home game in the Prem...need that to change!
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:37 - May 9 with 1972 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Man City home record 2011/12: W 17 D 1 L 0

Technically, it is in 'our' hands. Realistically though our survival boils down to whatever happens at the Brittania, because let's face it Man City are going to tear us a new one on Sunday. The bookies have Bolton odds on to go down, but that don't mean diddly squat. I think the first goal will be crucial, if Stoke go ahead we will be safe but if Bolton score first I think we will be playing Championship football next season.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:42 - May 9 with 1953 viewskingsburyR

Is Crouch on Twitter?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:48 - May 9 with 1930 viewsBluce_Ree

Optimism? I'm cacking it. I'm cacking it DELUXE.

I've got a nagging feeling that Bolton will be two up in twenty mins and we'll be taking a shoeing from City.

But no-one knows what'll happen I guess.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:54 - May 9 with 1906 viewsGetMeRangers

Apart from showing more delight at the result on Sunday than most of our squad, Crouchie apparently said to Ian Taylor that he would score the goals that keep us up
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 11:01 - May 9 with 1888 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm going to be a nervous wreck by Sunday!

I have a horrible feeling City will dispatch us easily (couple of first half goals to completely kill the game off) and Bolton and Stoke will be 0-0 until the 89th minute when Bolton will score and send us down...
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 11:01 - May 9 with 1887 viewsN12Hoop

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:54 - May 9 by GetMeRangers

Apart from showing more delight at the result on Sunday than most of our squad, Crouchie apparently said to Ian Taylor that he would score the goals that keep us up

I'm about to put money on Bolton winning at all different scores (1-0,2-0, 2-1) so that if the worst happens at least I'll have some winnings to drown my sorrows with. On the other hand, if the best happens I won't give a stuff that I've blown my cash.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 13:17 - May 9 with 1666 viewswestolian

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:32 - May 9 by daveB

the pitch invasion wasn't really a we're safe invasion. I think most on the pitch just went on as it was the last home game.

I think Bolton are still in a good position and have it in their own hands, if they win they are safe imo.

The pitch invasion was embarrassing and made it look as though we were celebrating "being safe".

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 13:21 - May 9 with 1657 viewsSydneyRs

Just relief given we were going down about 5 mins earlier, that's all. Bolton should not need that or anything else to give them more motivation. If they do they have problems.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 13:22 - May 9 with 1654 viewskingo

On Sunday both QPR fans and Bolton fans reacted instinctively, and more than likely correctly. It is only now that Bolton are finding 'reasons' to be optimistic and we are finding reasons to be scared.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 13:23 - May 9 with 1649 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

As long as the bookies are happy, I'm happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:17 - May 9 with 1530 viewstimcocking

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 10:37 - May 9 by Orthodox_Hoop

Man City home record 2011/12: W 17 D 1 L 0

Technically, it is in 'our' hands. Realistically though our survival boils down to whatever happens at the Brittania, because let's face it Man City are going to tear us a new one on Sunday. The bookies have Bolton odds on to go down, but that don't mean diddly squat. I think the first goal will be crucial, if Stoke go ahead we will be safe but if Bolton score first I think we will be playing Championship football next season.

correct
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:25 - May 9 with 1499 viewsNathanNI

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 11:01 - May 9 by N12Hoop

I'm about to put money on Bolton winning at all different scores (1-0,2-0, 2-1) so that if the worst happens at least I'll have some winnings to drown my sorrows with. On the other hand, if the best happens I won't give a stuff that I've blown my cash.

I was considering lumping on us to do down at around 2/1 to soften the blow.

Should I go to the naughty step?
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:33 - May 9 with 1474 viewsNov77

Anyone thinking we'll get anything at city is massively deluded, they should and probably will batter us, we are simply not good enough to get anything there.

My worry is that we do what we did against Chelsea and go 3 or 4 down early (especially with Kenny in goal), that news will filter through to the Britannia and give Bolton a massive lift.

If Bolton go ahead, we have the prospect of a humiliation on our hands in a game being watched by millions. City will be taunting us about going down whilst celebrating their championship win.

I hate the fact that we are relying on stoke. Pulls played four strikers against us, was he desperate to send us down? I'll be looking at his team selection with interest on Sunday.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:36 - May 9 with 1465 viewsFerdy

Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:25 - May 9 by NathanNI

I was considering lumping on us to do down at around 2/1 to soften the blow.

Should I go to the naughty step?

I am thinking the same thing. Lump on the Bolton win.
Crumbling optimism Wednesday on 14:55 - May 9 with 1415 viewsHollowayRanger

just to cheer you lot of wimps up

i checked out what happened when stoke went to bolton

5-0!!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024