Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germans 22:19 - Jun 28 with 1582 viewsdaveB

so Germany throw everything into international football, revamp the league to benefit the national team, play the the best most attacking football for the last 4 tournaments in a row and win the same number of trophies as England who just turn up, bend over and go home. You've got to love karma
Germans on 22:21 - Jun 28 with 1124 viewsClive_Anderson

Italy could have scored 5 or 6 if they had kept their cool in the second half.

I thought Italy looked excellent against Spain in their first game and I'd quite like to see them win it.
Germans on 22:26 - Jun 28 with 1102 viewsdaveB

Germans on 22:21 - Jun 28 by Clive_Anderson

Italy could have scored 5 or 6 if they had kept their cool in the second half.

I thought Italy looked excellent against Spain in their first game and I'd quite like to see them win it.

me too, Italy have been very good, the only side to stop them scoring was England who are apparntly useless
Germans on 22:41 - Jun 28 with 1060 viewsBluce_Ree

Great post, Dave.

Maybe this'll stop everyone going on about it. You could invest in it for years or do next to nothing, doesn't mean you'll win anything.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Germans on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 1036 viewsthame_hoops

Good points as usual Dave but whats karma got to do with it?
Germans on 22:50 - Jun 28 with 1022 viewsSydneyRs

There has been much talk on why we can't be more like the current German team. Well maybe we are, we've both won feck all and been knocked out of the tournament by Italy.
Germans on 22:51 - Jun 28 with 1019 viewsSpiritofGregory

The English players need to have more confidence. We could have quite easily beaten Italy. If we only had the mental strength to put those penalties away.

We need to be more bullish like the Italians and Spanish they never lack confidence, they don't give a stuff about the opinions of others and believe that they are better than everyone else.
Germans on 22:55 - Jun 28 with 1006 viewsthame_hoops

Germans on 22:51 - Jun 28 by SpiritofGregory

The English players need to have more confidence. We could have quite easily beaten Italy. If we only had the mental strength to put those penalties away.

We need to be more bullish like the Italians and Spanish they never lack confidence, they don't give a stuff about the opinions of others and believe that they are better than everyone else.

Agree RE confidence. our players don't seem to be able to take the ball past an opponent, did young or Milner beat a single player in 4 games?
Germans on 22:57 - Jun 28 with 1001 viewsdaveB

Germans on 22:48 - Jun 28 by thame_hoops

Good points as usual Dave but whats karma got to do with it?

i'm still bitter about 1990
Login to get fewer ads

Germans on 23:02 - Jun 28 with 987 viewsHollowayRanger

all of a second our DRAW
v the italians dont look so bad!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Germans on 23:03 - Jun 28 with 982 viewsthame_hoops

Germans on 22:57 - Jun 28 by daveB

i'm still bitter about 1990

Ha! And 1996, if only gazza had connected with that ball
Germans on 23:06 - Jun 28 with 974 viewsMrSheen

Yeah, but all of Germany's players bar Klose will be back next tournament, and there's more coming through.
Germans on 23:08 - Jun 28 with 963 viewsQPR1882

Am i missing something ?

The Italians were all over England and if they put just half the chances away against us they could have won 3/4 nil. At least the Germans put up a fight.

As much as i don't like the Germans i would rather watch them play then England.
Germans on 23:08 - Jun 28 with 963 viewsTacticalR

Ah, confidence! But what confidence? After all, there is confidence based on reality, and confidence based on delusion.

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide which camp England fall into.

Air hostess clique

Germans on 23:09 - Jun 28 with 960 viewsdaveB

Germans on 23:06 - Jun 28 by MrSheen

Yeah, but all of Germany's players bar Klose will be back next tournament, and there's more coming through.

let them come through, they won't win it in Brazil, half a chance in Russia but that will be 22 years winning feck all which has to be rejoiced
Germans on 23:11 - Jun 28 with 950 viewsSpiritofGregory

Germans on 22:55 - Jun 28 by thame_hoops

Agree RE confidence. our players don't seem to be able to take the ball past an opponent, did young or Milner beat a single player in 4 games?

This needs to change as having confidence takes you further. We need a united team which shows no fear and shows passion and pride when playing for the national team.

I'm not interested in players who want to play for England in order to stroke their egos and raise their profile. It should be all about playing for your country. I always get the feeling that the Spanish and Italians are proud of their country, I never get that vibe from the English players, half of them don't even know the words to the national anthem.
Germans on 23:21 - Jun 28 with 919 viewshoopstar67

Sorry did you say we could have quite easily beaten Italy? What were you watching? England were shite,and could not even do the basics like pass the ball to their team mates,Italy should have won it at a canter if they had taken their chances.
Germans on 23:24 - Jun 28 with 912 viewsqprmick

Germans on 23:08 - Jun 28 by QPR1882

Am i missing something ?

The Italians were all over England and if they put just half the chances away against us they could have won 3/4 nil. At least the Germans put up a fight.

As much as i don't like the Germans i would rather watch them play then England.

The Italians should have scored at least 4 against the Germans, the difference is that they conceded 2 and we didn't. The goals, the first one was a good bit of skill and the second was a real sucker punch. Balotelli finished them off beautifully. I wonder if Rooney has a similar physique.

Qprmick

Germans on 23:30 - Jun 28 with 898 viewsTacticalR

I think he's worried that his wig will fall off. This has led to a loss of confidence.

Air hostess clique

Germans on 23:57 - Jun 28 with 866 viewsdaveB

Germans on 23:08 - Jun 28 by QPR1882

Am i missing something ?

did they? the game was all over by half time, at least England lasted till penalties
Germans on 00:26 - Jun 29 with 835 viewshoopstar67

Germans on 23:57 - Jun 28 by daveB

did they? the game was all over by half time, at least England lasted till penalties

I can't believe there are people defending England's performance, and i rather be in Germany's position where they always have a chance in winning competitions and play decent football, who do you think will get further in the World Cup in two years time, England or Germany? I know who my money is on.
Germans on 00:34 - Jun 29 with 827 viewsTheBlob

And who do you think will get further in European competitions - Geman or English clubs?Many old arguments to be applied here.The all pervasive influence of tv not least among them.In short what are the priorities here?"Where there's a will there's a way" as the old saying goes.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Germans on 01:17 - Jun 29 with 799 viewsgobbles

Germans on 00:34 - Jun 29 by TheBlob

And who do you think will get further in European competitions - Geman or English clubs?Many old arguments to be applied here.The all pervasive influence of tv not least among them.In short what are the priorities here?"Where there's a will there's a way" as the old saying goes.

German or English clubs? Are we taking pride in Chelsea now?
Germans on 02:00 - Jun 29 with 789 viewsSonofNorfolt

Why couldn't we have had one of the teams from Group A in the Q/F? A gimme.

Spain or Italy, in my mind always tough, I was routing for Croatia to qualify for this reason.

We were more likely to beat the Germans.

For the first time ever, I hope Italy win it, they have deserved it.
Germans on 04:03 - Jun 29 with 769 viewsSydneyRs

Italy remind me very much of their 2006 world cup winning side, who also did a job on the Germans. Good solid, organised team who get the job done.

For all England's failings (no need to list them again, everybody knows!) we did come close to beating them. A bit of luck in the pens, or if Ashley Young had any balls whatsoever, and we might have. Fact is we took them to extra time and pens when Germany lost in 90 mins and conceded twice.

I have a feeling Italy will win it now. Spain while a great team remind me of the dominant French side from around a decade ago and are starting to show signs of being past their peak.
Germans on 06:13 - Jun 29 with 743 viewsQPR1882

Germans on 23:24 - Jun 28 by qprmick

The Italians should have scored at least 4 against the Germans, the difference is that they conceded 2 and we didn't. The goals, the first one was a good bit of skill and the second was a real sucker punch. Balotelli finished them off beautifully. I wonder if Rooney has a similar physique.

The only reason why the Italians should have scored 4 was because the Germans were chasing the game,whilst in our game we were chasing shadows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024