Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The twitchy tax evader. 14:33 - Nov 23 with 1160 viewsSonofNorfolt

Well many have got who they wanted in Mr Loyalty I hope it works out for all our sakes, but I have my doubts.
If we do get relegated the Hughes regime will be blamed, if not he's the saviour.
A win/win for him really.
Might as well offer me the job, at least when I kiss the badge I fukkin' mean it.
Does this mean the players will start trying now? Lazy bast ards.
The twitchy tax evader. on 14:47 - Nov 23 with 933 viewskingo

Like you Mel, I hope for all our sakes that this is the right decision. But after Saturday something HAD to be done.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The twitchy tax evader. on 15:53 - Nov 23 with 864 viewshoopstilidie

Something needed doing but Harry wouldn't have been my choice.

That said I'll get behind him when he's announced, like I did with the last one, who I didn't want either.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

The twitchy tax evader. on 16:52 - Nov 23 with 793 viewsMatch82

I thought Hughes was a good appointment, I think Redknapp is a terrible long term appointment. I was wrong about Hughes, let's hope I'm wrong again
The twitchy tax evader. on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 766 viewsQPR1882

'Arry scares me.

He fcked Portsmouth with his spending and Spurs finally had enough of him when it came to sheding out cash to buy players.

Hope TF keeps a tight grip on the QPR credit card
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 738 viewsthemodfather

The twitchy tax evader. on 16:56 - Nov 23 by QPR1882

'Arry scares me.

He fcked Portsmouth with his spending and Spurs finally had enough of him when it came to sheding out cash to buy players.

Hope TF keeps a tight grip on the QPR credit card

re pompey...harry was there but surely the board agreed all monies etc??
surely not all his fault.
the tax thing, well if not "next" england manager, he'd be in jail!
but he was found innocent and is the best out there.

i expect a real clear out in jan...swp can go for starters..and others can be on warning!
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:18 - Nov 23 with 717 viewsCHUBBS

There were loads on here who never wanted NW and look what he done for us.
He's by far the best qualified manager we could have hoped would take the job.
Relax stop worrying and enjoy what is gonna be a hell of an exciting ride unlike the predictable bore we've recently endured.
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:23 - Nov 23 with 700 viewsQPRDave

I think 'Arry is the best man to get us up and playing, well as long as the players are good enough to try anyway.
Don't think we'll do a Pompey cause our owners won't allow it.
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:40 - Nov 23 with 650 viewsJigsore

I'm fairly confident again. Expecting to lose tomorrow of course, but that flicker of hope that was extinguished is back.

I genuinely don't mind 'Arry, for all his faults there's no doubt he did a good job at Spurs and on paper our squad is good. And we won't lose away every week

To the future, gentlemen

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

The twitchy tax evader. on 17:41 - Nov 23 with 644 viewsbaz_qpr

Dave Mc has written a good article here http://t.co/xC1EbpeN
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:44 - Nov 23 with 633 viewsClive_Anderson

Portsmouth made a profit on players Harry bought when he was there.

Can't really blame him for bankrupting them - more to do with a series of incredibly dodgy owners.
The twitchy tax evader. on 17:51 - Nov 23 with 611 viewsSonofNorfolt

Speak to West Ham fans about him and Peter Storrie, who both went on to Pompey. Dodgy fukkers.
The twitchy tax evader. on 18:39 - Nov 23 with 547 viewspomanjou

The twitchy tax evader. on 17:41 - Nov 23 by baz_qpr

Dave Mc has written a good article here http://t.co/xC1EbpeN

Lets be happy that M'bia's madness ensured Hughes demise. And improving M'Bia performances will do the trick until the end of the season. Thats Dave's take and thats fine with me. Whether it will be enuff to keep us up remains to be seen but no doubt ARRY will be using the old charisma..............

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The twitchy tax evader. on 18:42 - Nov 23 with 538 viewsCHUBBS

The twitchy tax evader. on 17:51 - Nov 23 by SonofNorfolt

Speak to West Ham fans about him and Peter Storrie, who both went on to Pompey. Dodgy fukkers.

I've spoke to a Spurs and Hammers fan today yet heard nothing but a positive response with the Spurs fan calling him a class manager who he'd take back all day long.
The twitchy tax evader. on 18:55 - Nov 23 with 520 viewsderbyhoop

The twitchy tax evader. on 17:51 - Nov 23 by SonofNorfolt

Like we've never had a spiv at the club before now

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The twitchy tax evader. on 20:26 - Nov 23 with 446 viewsWatfordR

Didn't like Hughes as a person, but it seemed to me he was the right man to take the club on to the next level as far as football matters were concerned. Plus he was the choice of the board and supporting their choice also seemed the right thing to do. Plus if he succeeded, it seemed to me that Hughes could be a long term appointment giving the club the stability I am convinced it needs.

Fkn detest Redknapp, and feel sick at the thought he will have anything to do with our club. But I can understand why he would be the board's choice, they need someone in quickly and I don't see anyone else available who can point to a CV showing success at pulling teams out of the sort of situation we find ourselves in.

However any talk of long term stability goes out the window. No doubt more wholesale ins and outs during January and again in the Summer whatever happens. An old man in semi retirement who won't have the commitment or energy to oversee anything other than first team matters, and worse with nothing to prove.

Very disappointed with how things have turned out. Disappointed for TF and the rest of the board, whose hands have been somewhat forced by events, and who I think deserved better.

But finally, if Redknapp's our manager, personal feelings have to be set aside and for the greater good of our club, I will support him and hope he has the desired impact.
The twitchy tax evader. on 20:34 - Nov 23 with 434 viewsCHUBBS

The twitchy tax evader. on 20:26 - Nov 23 by WatfordR

Didn't like Hughes as a person, but it seemed to me he was the right man to take the club on to the next level as far as football matters were concerned. Plus he was the choice of the board and supporting their choice also seemed the right thing to do. Plus if he succeeded, it seemed to me that Hughes could be a long term appointment giving the club the stability I am convinced it needs.

Fkn detest Redknapp, and feel sick at the thought he will have anything to do with our club. But I can understand why he would be the board's choice, they need someone in quickly and I don't see anyone else available who can point to a CV showing success at pulling teams out of the sort of situation we find ourselves in.

However any talk of long term stability goes out the window. No doubt more wholesale ins and outs during January and again in the Summer whatever happens. An old man in semi retirement who won't have the commitment or energy to oversee anything other than first team matters, and worse with nothing to prove.

Very disappointed with how things have turned out. Disappointed for TF and the rest of the board, whose hands have been somewhat forced by events, and who I think deserved better.

But finally, if Redknapp's our manager, personal feelings have to be set aside and for the greater good of our club, I will support him and hope he has the desired impact.

Do you honestly think MH would have thought twice about leaving us in the midst of the project if a bigger club came calling?
People talk about the mercenary players yet they matched the biggest one of all who signed them all.
The twitchy tax evader. on 21:13 - Nov 23 with 396 viewsWatfordR

The twitchy tax evader. on 20:34 - Nov 23 by CHUBBS

Do you honestly think MH would have thought twice about leaving us in the midst of the project if a bigger club came calling?
People talk about the mercenary players yet they matched the biggest one of all who signed them all.

Doesn't matter what I think because now we'll never know.

We do know that Tottenham's season went downhill last year after Redknapp wouldn't quash talk about the England job.

We do know that after leaving Portsmouth, Redknapp told their fans there was "no chance" that he'd take the Southampton job, weeks before he took the Southampton job.

When you are talking about mercenary, MH can't hold a candle to Redknapp.
The twitchy tax evader. on 21:37 - Nov 23 with 350 viewsYorkRanger

The twitchy tax evader. on 21:13 - Nov 23 by WatfordR

We do know that Tottenham's season went downhill last year after Redknapp wouldn't quash talk about the England job.

We do know that after leaving Portsmouth, Redknapp told their fans there was "no chance" that he'd take the Southampton job, weeks before he took the Southampton job.

I still think it is a far superior option to sticking with Hughes
The twitchy tax evader. on 21:42 - Nov 23 with 341 viewsCHUBBS

The twitchy tax evader. on 21:13 - Nov 23 by WatfordR

I agree the England job caused problems for Spurs form but they still finished 4th which they won't get near under AVB.Harry Redknaps record at Spurs stands up to any they've had over the last 2 decades yet people still try and use the Arthur Daley references to discredit him.Surely all we care about is results on the pitch?
Btw there are probably only 2 managers in the Premier league who you wouldn't class as mercenary so i don't get your point.
The twitchy tax evader. on 22:02 - Nov 23 with 316 viewswestolian

Good short term bet, terrible long term

At least he should attract some real top class players that might try

Defoe and Dawson anyone

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

The twitchy tax evader. on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 295 viewsLblock

I'd accept Hitler himself with Gadaffi as his assistant if they kept us up

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The twitchy tax evader. on 22:15 - Nov 23 with 294 viewsPizanti

The last crafty cockney, dodgy geezer we had in charge Terry Venables didn't do to bad! ...fark me 'Arry should have been England manager a few months ago and could be our manager this weekend and people are moaning?
The twitchy tax evader. on 23:03 - Nov 23 with 272 viewsWatfordR

The twitchy tax evader. on 21:42 - Nov 23 by CHUBBS

I agree the England job caused problems for Spurs form but they still finished 4th which they won't get near under AVB.Harry Redknaps record at Spurs stands up to any they've had over the last 2 decades yet people still try and use the Arthur Daley references to discredit him.Surely all we care about is results on the pitch?
Btw there are probably only 2 managers in the Premier league who you wouldn't class as mercenary so i don't get your point.

You were the one who brought up the mercenary angle not me.

I'd like to think that we as fans care about a little more than simply results, otherwise we are no better than Briatore. TF has repeatedly talked about the need for stability and looking to the club's long term future and viability, and I applaud the sentiment.

However, appointing Redknapp cannot be viewed as long termism in any shape or form. We are now where we were 10 months ago, with a new manager who will want to get rid of players he doesnt rate, bring in players he does rate, all of which will cost. He'll be here a maximum of 18 months, and someone else will then come in and the cycle will repeat. That will be three major squad rebuilding projects in 3 years.

I don't think many foresaw this kind of season, and to an extent the board and MH have been unlucky - maybe Redknapp will bring a change in that respect - but a long term plan needs to be robust enough not to be torn up when things arent going to plan five minutes later.
The twitchy tax evader. on 23:36 - Nov 23 with 245 viewsTearsOfaClown

what????

Ken Dodd?
The twitchy tax evader. on 23:47 - Nov 23 with 225 viewsTGRRRSSS

People say Arry's a crook and it's all his fault at Pompey.

So Mandaric, Gaydamark, Al-Fahim, Ali Al Faraj are all entirely innocent - Gaydamark especially was up to his neck in Portsmouths downfall and aqctivley asset stripped them.
I wish there was a site that shows sales and purchases that a manager makes through his carrer, you used to have it on Champ Manager back in the day.

Oh and the FA/PL/FL and the fit and proper persons let Gaydamark asset strip and to this day he owns the land around Fratton Park, but lets blame it all on Redknapp.
Not saying he's all innocent but doubt many managers are who've worked as long as him. Did Alardyce or Fergie for that matter ever sue the BBC???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024