Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Starting 11 16:24 - Dec 3 with 1809 viewsBAWHoops

Doom and gloom time.

What's a realistic 11 for Day 1 of next season.....

......................Green......................
Onouha.........Hill.........Ehmer.....Traore
SWP............Derry.......Faurlin.....Ephraim
.................Mackie......Campbell..........

Assuming that Taarabt, Diakite, Mbia, Cisse etc all bugger off whilst Zamora, Bosingwa, Park, Ferdinand, AJ etc all stay and bleed the club dry

Joy

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Championship Starting 11 on 16:30 - Dec 3 with 1422 viewsklr

I'm sorry, but I find the thought of SWP playing for us in The Championship just mindblowingly depressing.

Get rid in January, whilst there is still someone stupid out there to take him off our hands, MLS clubs, United Arab Emirates, what about that club in Russia, there must be someone out there stupid enough to take him off our hands..............surely?!
Championship Starting 11 on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 1415 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Young at RB
Nelsen at CB

Think we may still hang on to Cesar??

That would be a c-ship winning defense

It's got to be Yarg

Championship Starting 11 on 16:35 - Dec 3 with 1404 viewsJamie

------------------Murphy----

Bosingwa--Ferdinand--Onouha--Traore

SWP-----Sutherland----Diakite----Ephraim

---------------Campbell---------

----------------Zamora-----------

Cesar, Green, Mbia, Faurlin, Taarabt, Cisse, Hoilett, Park, Granero, Nelson, Mackie will be long gone IMO. Zamora we won't be able to give away whilst Johnson will probably get another club.
Championship Starting 11 on 16:36 - Dec 3 with 1394 viewsadhoc_qpr

Tricky one, as we'll bring players in as we shift them out. i'd go for something like:

G: Green
RB: Young
LB: Traore
CB: Hill
CB: Nelsen
RW: Mackie
LW: Ephraim
CM: Faurlin
CM: Diakite (not one of our big earners)
ST: Johnson
ST: DJ

Bench: Cerny, Derry, Onouha, Ehmer, Sutherland.

Sold: Cesar, Granero, Cisse, Bosingwa, Park, Adel, Mbia, Hoillet
Released: Dyer, Hulse, Bothroyd
Dead weight collecting a pay packet: Zamora, Anton, SWP
Championship Starting 11 on 16:36 - Dec 3 with 1392 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Championship Starting 11 on 16:35 - Dec 3 by Jamie

Cesar, Green, Mbia, Faurlin, Taarabt, Cisse, Hoilett, Park, Granero, Nelson, Mackie will be long gone IMO. Zamora we won't be able to give away whilst Johnson will probably get another club.

It's got to be Yarg

Championship Starting 11 on 16:36 - Dec 3 with 1393 viewsDubaiR

Championship Starting 11 on 16:30 - Dec 3 by klr

I'm sorry, but I find the thought of SWP playing for us in The Championship just mindblowingly depressing.

Get rid in January, whilst there is still someone stupid out there to take him off our hands, MLS clubs, United Arab Emirates, what about that club in Russia, there must be someone out there stupid enough to take him off our hands..............surely?!

Green
Young onouha hill troure
Dyer faurlin diakite Sutherland
Dj. Mackie
Championship Starting 11 on 16:37 - Dec 3 with 1385 viewsklr

Championship Starting 11 on 16:35 - Dec 3 by Jamie

That is an awful team.

Wont be selling too many season tickets to go and cheer that lot on.

Championship Starting 11 on 16:43 - Dec 3 with 1374 viewsJamie

Mackie has a 1 in 4 PL goal scoring record, an incredible workrate and will be available for about 50p if we go down. There will be plenty of takers IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship Starting 11 on 16:46 - Dec 3 with 1367 viewsadhoc_qpr

Championship Starting 11 on 16:43 - Dec 3 by Jamie

Mackie has a 1 in 4 PL goal scoring record, an incredible workrate and will be available for about 50p if we go down. There will be plenty of takers IMO.

Didn't we sign him up to a new contract in the summer though?

No reason to let him go cheaply and he's not exactly the type to go on strike to force through a move to Stoke/WBA/Wigan etc

Championship Starting 11 on 16:50 - Dec 3 with 1343 viewsklr

Championship Starting 11 on 16:43 - Dec 3 by Jamie

Even worse than that, we will probably sell him all the whilst keeping the likes of SWP & Anton Ferdinand!

Mackie should be captain in The Championship.
Championship Starting 11 on 16:58 - Dec 3 with 1331 viewsJamie

Championship Starting 11 on 16:46 - Dec 3 by adhoc_qpr

Didn't we sign him up to a new contract in the summer though?

No reason to let him go cheaply and he's not exactly the type to go on strike to force through a move to Stoke/WBA/Wigan etc

He will have two years left this summer. If the club can get a few million for him then we'd have to snap their hands off. After all that would pay Zamora/Bosingwa for a few months.
Championship Starting 11 on 16:58 - Dec 3 with 1331 viewsrunningman75

SWP won a few corners on Saturday, if we could score from corners ( apart from Hill's unlucky effort) would he still get as much stick here.
Championship Starting 11 on 17:01 - Dec 3 with 1319 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Championship Starting 11 on 16:58 - Dec 3 by runningman75

SWP won a few corners on Saturday, if we could score from corners ( apart from Hill's unlucky effort) would he still get as much stick here.

Yep

It's got to be Yarg

Championship Starting 11 on 17:01 - Dec 3 with 1308 viewsklr

Championship Starting 11 on 17:01 - Dec 3 by Cornish_oooRRRR

Yep

Yep
Championship Starting 11 on 17:02 - Dec 3 with 1311 viewsadhoc_qpr

Championship Starting 11 on 16:58 - Dec 3 by runningman75

Poor form on the pitch, poor attitude off of it plus excessive wages - yup he'll get stick whatever he does, he's burnt his bridges.
Championship Starting 11 on 17:51 - Dec 3 with 1257 viewsbosh67

We're not going down

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Championship Starting 11 on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 1213 viewskropotkin41

Championship Starting 11 on 16:36 - Dec 3 by adhoc_qpr

Tricky one, as we'll bring players in as we shift them out. i'd go for something like:

G: Green
RB: Young
LB: Traore
CB: Hill
CB: Nelsen
RW: Mackie
LW: Ephraim
CM: Faurlin
CM: Diakite (not one of our big earners)
ST: Johnson
ST: DJ

Bench: Cerny, Derry, Onouha, Ehmer, Sutherland.

Sold: Cesar, Granero, Cisse, Bosingwa, Park, Adel, Mbia, Hoillet
Released: Dyer, Hulse, Bothroyd
Dead weight collecting a pay packet: Zamora, Anton, SWP

See, I think that's a good team.

But, we're not relegated yet.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Championship Starting 11 on 18:52 - Dec 3 with 1184 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Green
Young Hill Nelsen Traore
Dyer Faurlin Diakite Swp
DJ Mackie

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Championship Starting 11 on 20:32 - Dec 3 with 1153 viewsderbyhoop

Championship Starting 11 on 18:52 - Dec 3 by RANGERS4EVER

Green
Young Hill Nelsen Traore
Dyer Faurlin Diakite Swp
DJ Mackie

Green; Onouha, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore; SWP, Ephraim, Faurlin, Doughty; Campbell, Bothroyd.

Get your money on a relegation struggle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Championship Starting 11 on 22:50 - Dec 3 with 1084 viewsbaz_qpr

I dont get the assumption we will sell. The Malaysians bought a premier league club and as long as there is parachute money it sure as hell makes sense to have a go at getting back first time rather than have an immediate fire sale

Secondly I dont see why players should be given the comfort that we will sell if they go down. If I was Harry now I'd be telling the likes of Hoilet, Samba and Mbia that they are staying no matter what so they better pull their finger out. Likewise Cisse will have 1 year on his contract and will score a barrel load in the championship so keep him. Zamora and Park can go. Granero will go too. Faurlin does not have to be sold but depends on his relationship with Harry. I fully expect Adel to have his minimum transfer fee met. I suspect Cesar will want to stay too perhaps ahead of Green because he was quoted in the foreign press as saying he wanted to live in London and his plan is to finish his career with us before moving into management.
Championship Starting 11 on 23:14 - Dec 3 with 1061 viewsderbyhoop

Championship Starting 11 on 22:50 - Dec 3 by baz_qpr

I dont get the assumption we will sell. The Malaysians bought a premier league club and as long as there is parachute money it sure as hell makes sense to have a go at getting back first time rather than have an immediate fire sale

Secondly I dont see why players should be given the comfort that we will sell if they go down. If I was Harry now I'd be telling the likes of Hoilet, Samba and Mbia that they are staying no matter what so they better pull their finger out. Likewise Cisse will have 1 year on his contract and will score a barrel load in the championship so keep him. Zamora and Park can go. Granero will go too. Faurlin does not have to be sold but depends on his relationship with Harry. I fully expect Adel to have his minimum transfer fee met. I suspect Cesar will want to stay too perhaps ahead of Green because he was quoted in the foreign press as saying he wanted to live in London and his plan is to finish his career with us before moving into management.

The thing with parachute payments is that it gives you time to adjust. I wouldn't be surprised if our current wage bill was over £50m, falling to £40-45 on relegation. Even with parachute payments, the best we can hope to achieve in turnover is £30m.

Some players would have to be sold to balance the books (Taaarbt, Granero, Hoilett, Diakite, Mackie). Can anybody see Bosingwa and Zamora getting themselves in the mood for a trip to Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night? Especially if someone in the PL or the Portugese League makes an offer. Nelsen and Derry might decide that relegation is a sign they ought to pack it in, although I don't doubt their commitment.

Even if some of the above were to stay, they'd need to show more fight in the Championship than they've shown in the Premiership.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Championship Starting 11 on 23:26 - Dec 3 with 1052 viewshopphoops

Championship Starting 11 on 23:14 - Dec 3 by derbyhoop

The thing with parachute payments is that it gives you time to adjust. I wouldn't be surprised if our current wage bill was over £50m, falling to £40-45 on relegation. Even with parachute payments, the best we can hope to achieve in turnover is £30m.

Some players would have to be sold to balance the books (Taaarbt, Granero, Hoilett, Diakite, Mackie). Can anybody see Bosingwa and Zamora getting themselves in the mood for a trip to Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night? Especially if someone in the PL or the Portugese League makes an offer. Nelsen and Derry might decide that relegation is a sign they ought to pack it in, although I don't doubt their commitment.

Even if some of the above were to stay, they'd need to show more fight in the Championship than they've shown in the Premiership.

This thread got me thinking, how would those teams fare against:
.....................Kenny......................
Ramage.....Gorkss.....Connolly.....Delaney
.................Leigertwood...............
Routledge...........Ledesma.........Smith
.............DJ.............Helgusson...........

(subs Camp, Orr, Buszaky, Blackstock, and the Pelican to be a lightning rod for the boo boys)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Championship Starting 11 on 05:27 - Dec 4 with 1016 viewsBeaufort27

I think the following would be definetly sold: Granero, Mbia, Taarabt, Bosingwa, Park, Cisse.

Someone might come in for Hoilett or Faurlin but it's not like we should be in a hurry to sell them. Likewise i can see Mackie staying because none of the midtable clubs will really be interested and hopefully we wouldn't be foolish enough to accept Norwich's inevitable 500k offer.

I'd imagine our starting eleven to look something like:

Cesar
Young Onouha Hill Traore
Mackie Diakite Faurlin Hoilett
Campbell Zamora

Probably good enough to finish in the top half of the table but not really push for promotion.
Championship Starting 11 on 09:51 - Dec 4 with 975 viewsnadera78

Championship Starting 11 on 23:14 - Dec 3 by derbyhoop

It's going to fall into four groups:

Category One - players out of contract that will retire or we let go - will be: Nelsen (will get offers as a back up in PL club elsewhere), Dyer (always injured), Fabio (only here on loan), Cerny (retirement), Murphy (panic signing by Warnock), Hulse (finally out of contract!), Hewitt (league 2 player). That's seven down.

Category Two - players wanting to leave (some will no doubt have emptied their lockers even before the final game) and we need to let go - will consist of: Cesar, Traore, Park, Cisse, Taarabt, Granero, Hoillett, M'bia, Diakite. We'll get transfer fees for these guys, simply because other clubs will be interested in them, but they will be very small fees. We'll just have to suck up the loss on them. That's another nine players out.

Category Three - players we need to pay off simply to get them off the wage bill - will be Barton, Zamora, Bosingwa, Green, Ferdinand, SWP, Onuoha, Bothroyd, Young. Nine players, and it's going to cost us. Say an average of 50k a week (half that for Bothroyd) which they won't get elsewhere. We're going to have to give them six months wages to b*gger off. Somewhere in the region of GBP11million.

Category Four - players we want (and can afford) to keep - made up of Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Ephraim, Mackie, Campbell, Harriman, Ehmer, Magri, Doughty, Andrade, Balanta, Sutherland, Sendles-White, Lennox. Fifteen players, mostly kids.

That would leave us looking for ten players to bring in, and no money to do it because the parachute payment (for year one anyway) have been used paying off the w*nkers in category three. If the current owners stick around then there might be some money to spend, but if they leave then we'll no doubt only be looking for out of contract players. Either way, it's going to need some wheeling and dealing to get it done.
Championship Starting 11 on 10:15 - Dec 4 with 955 viewsadhoc_qpr

Championship Starting 11 on 09:51 - Dec 4 by nadera78

It's going to fall into four groups:

Category One - players out of contract that will retire or we let go - will be: Nelsen (will get offers as a back up in PL club elsewhere), Dyer (always injured), Fabio (only here on loan), Cerny (retirement), Murphy (panic signing by Warnock), Hulse (finally out of contract!), Hewitt (league 2 player). That's seven down.

Category Two - players wanting to leave (some will no doubt have emptied their lockers even before the final game) and we need to let go - will consist of: Cesar, Traore, Park, Cisse, Taarabt, Granero, Hoillett, M'bia, Diakite. We'll get transfer fees for these guys, simply because other clubs will be interested in them, but they will be very small fees. We'll just have to suck up the loss on them. That's another nine players out.

Category Three - players we need to pay off simply to get them off the wage bill - will be Barton, Zamora, Bosingwa, Green, Ferdinand, SWP, Onuoha, Bothroyd, Young. Nine players, and it's going to cost us. Say an average of 50k a week (half that for Bothroyd) which they won't get elsewhere. We're going to have to give them six months wages to b*gger off. Somewhere in the region of GBP11million.

Category Four - players we want (and can afford) to keep - made up of Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Ephraim, Mackie, Campbell, Harriman, Ehmer, Magri, Doughty, Andrade, Balanta, Sutherland, Sendles-White, Lennox. Fifteen players, mostly kids.

That would leave us looking for ten players to bring in, and no money to do it because the parachute payment (for year one anyway) have been used paying off the w*nkers in category three. If the current owners stick around then there might be some money to spend, but if they leave then we'll no doubt only be looking for out of contract players. Either way, it's going to need some wheeling and dealing to get it done.

Don't necessarily agree with that.

Not all of the players you have in category will be sold - Traore and Diakite certainly aren't big earners.

Also category three doesn't make sense - why pay money to leave players like Young, Onouha and Green who are more than capable of doing a job in the Championship?

Also although we hate many of those players, they still have some value (football reps don't fade overnight) Surely we can come to some arrangement with Marseille for Barton if he doesn't implode for example? Bosingwa is a Champions league winner which will dazzle some club. Likewise Zamora's rep will survive due to his injury and he'll get picked up by a prem club.

Most of those young players in category four may well get a bit of a chance, but being honest most aren't good enough for the Championship and never will be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024