Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you??? 23:02 - Dec 8 with 524 viewsTGRRRSSS

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/%C2%A3120m-lotto-man-will-keep-working
Would you??? on 23:08 - Dec 8 with 513 viewsNorthernr

Anybody who wins the lottery and says they'd continue with their job should have the money taken back off them.
Would you??? on 23:11 - Dec 8 with 505 viewsTGRRRSSS

I pretty much agree with that unless it's your own business I guess, can't see the motivation if your getting up at 7am in January to battle through the traffic work till whatever time and only get 4 weeks hols a year (less in US I think).
Also how would your work colleagues view you???...
Would you??? on 23:17 - Dec 8 with 494 viewsJamie

If I won a massive sum on the lottery I'd quit work and just do some property developing or similar to give me something to do.

There really is only so much tv/FIFA/football manager/shopping/sitting in silence with your girlfriend or wife before you'd go nuts even with millions in the bank.

*edit* thinking about it I'd probably just become (even more of) a complete cnt and spend all day driving around in a Ferrari at 4mph picking up sluts.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Would you??? on 23:17 - Dec 8 with 493 viewsCamberleyR

Would you??? on 23:08 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Anybody who wins the lottery and says they'd continue with their job should have the money taken back off them.

I've always said that as well. Why do the fücking lottery if you don't want the chance to give up the daily grind of the day job?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Would you??? on 23:36 - Dec 8 with 476 viewsBrightonhoop

I guess it might keep one grounded. That kind of money could be more curse than blessing. I hate the cnts I work with but in a strange way I'd miss them. But not much.
Would you??? on 23:40 - Dec 8 with 468 viewsNorthLondonR

The barmaid at the Oak.....definitely
Would you??? on 00:42 - Dec 9 with 424 viewsJuzzie

People who say "it won't change me..." Well what's the point in doing it then? Surely the whole point of winning is so that is does change you... for the better. Improve your home or buy a new one(s), help out your friends and family and so on. Surely that's the whole point of it.

if they don't want to, give it to me.

Would you??? on 00:48 - Dec 9 with 420 viewsTacticalR

Lots of people say they love their work. The only way to prove if they do really love their work is to let everyone win the lottery and see who turns up on Monday. At least we know this guy will come in.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Would you??? on 10:13 - Dec 9 with 342 viewsTW_R

Would you??? on 23:08 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Well to be fair he doesn't say he's going to do the same job he does now, but I agree with you. Whats the point in winning millions, where you can do pretty much anything you like and then waste your time working. So many places to go and see, so many cars to drive etc etc.
Would you??? on 11:07 - Dec 9 with 301 viewsrongould

Would you??? on 23:17 - Dec 8 by Jamie

If I won a massive sum on the lottery I'd quit work and just do some property developing or similar to give me something to do.

There really is only so much tv/FIFA/football manager/shopping/sitting in silence with your girlfriend or wife before you'd go nuts even with millions in the bank.

*edit* thinking about it I'd probably just become (even more of) a complete cnt and spend all day driving around in a Ferrari at 4mph picking up sluts.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I haven't won the lottery but I have retired.
No desire whatsoever to go back to work. I can find plenty to do, I don't play computer games and I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do play and practice guitar, piano and saxophone. I read a lot of books, both new and old.

I go to the cinema in the daytime, so I can see films without being surrounded by loud, talkative people.
I go to theatre matinees, for the same reason
I have a fullfilled life without work.

I wouldn't change much if I won millions, but I would visit lots of places thati have only read or dreamed about.

Only problem is that I don't gamble, although I do have Premium Bonds, so one million might come my way
Would you??? on 13:14 - Dec 9 with 265 viewswestberksr

should be a rule in the small print on the back of the ticket that if you spout this kind of shite the money drops by 50% every time you say it (actually no, fukk it, you lose all winnings and sent sent to prison as you are guilty of being a tvvat).

the Ferrari & sluts idea sounds good; combined with a couple of days of Ron's life to give you a rest.
Would you??? on 14:19 - Dec 9 with 227 viewsJuzzie

My Grandad retired at 65-ish and was just as busy during retirement until he passed away a few years ago at a good ol' 96. 31 years. Amazing.
Lived in a village in Kent. Helped out at the local library, helped the elderly folk, edited the village magazine. Went for walks with my granny. Didn't watch much TV. Did the Telegraph crossword every day.

There is indeed plenty to do, keeping your mind and body active is the key.
For me, I'd do loads of travelling including car and motorbike excusrsions around Morocco, the Adriatic along the old Yugoslavia, a car/motorbike group tour from Sydney to Perth and other road trips around Europe and beyond.

Yes, I can understand some people saying they want to work probably in order to keep themselves busy but surely it would be a different job (i.e. something they wanted to do from younger) but the idea of doing the same mundane job you've done for 10-20 years boggles me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024