Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes - worst ever Y/N 18:39 - Jan 14 with 4986 viewsstuabd

After Clive's match report where he said that Hughes was possibly the worst manager we've ever had, what do you think?

Given the resources and time, I'd say...

Yes!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 2624 viewspeejaybee

I agree.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 2617 viewsngbqpr

Yes

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 14 with 2611 viewsHayesender

Without a shadow of doubt.

Makes Mullery et all look like Mourinho

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:43 - Jan 14 with 2607 viewsericgen34

Oui
Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 14 with 2597 viewsstuabd

I'm saying Yes again because he deserves it.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 14 with 2581 viewsElHoop

No, i don't think he is the worst.

He kept us up last season, which Warnock wouldn't have done. So if we hadn't have appointed Hughes, then we wouldn't have a chance of staying up this season either because i reckon we'd be down already.

Wilkins, for starters, must be worse than Hughes was.

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:58 - Jan 14 with 2529 viewsSW17_RRR

He's a total Kant, hughes ruined this club - who ever thought he was the seconding coming of jesus was sadly mistaken. i do admire his bullsh*tting qualities as someone somewhere swallowed a whole truck load of it!
Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 19:02 - Jan 14 with 2496 viewsToast_R

Pound for Pound he's the worst ever alright.

Lows....
Every away game we played under him Special mention for Chelsea away.
Red Cards galore
Every game we played under him this season, special mention for Swansea at home.
Getting us the w*nkiest record in the Prem ever.

High's
Mini run at the end of last season season at home.
Getting the f*ck out at Rangers.

Special mention for "Not while I'm in charge" line.

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 19:17 - Jan 14 with 2426 viewsNorthernr

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 14 by ElHoop

He kept us up last season, which Warnock wouldn't have done. So if we hadn't have appointed Hughes, then we wouldn't have a chance of staying up this season either because i reckon we'd be down already.

By your logic Wilkins shouldn't be considered the worst because he kept us up the season before as well.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:21 - Jan 14 with 2396 viewsGloucs_R

Hughes had loads to spend and spent it on cart horses ready for the knackers yard. Rather than paying players £60k a week, he should have spent money on transfers and given players a lower wage.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 19:25 - Jan 14 with 2391 viewsxistens_pet

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 18:47 - Jan 14 by ElHoop

Not having that about Wilkins. Some of the performances the year we went down were at least easy on the eye and comprehensive in some cases. Don't recall a performance under Hughes anything like that... the giddy heights of Walsall at home.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 19:26 - Jan 14 with 2390 viewsQPR1882

Hughes - worst ever Y/N (n/t) on 19:17 - Jan 14 by Northernr

By your logic Wilkins shouldn't be considered the worst because he kept us up the season before as well.

Hateley and Zelic gets him into the top 3,and selling sir Les.

1 Mullery
2 Wilkins
3 Hughes

in what order ? i have no idea they were all incompatant

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:27 - Jan 14 with 2378 viewsbaz_qpr

No Ray Harford was worse and on the take
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:29 - Jan 14 with 2362 viewsJonDoeman

Where's that fella who called us all w@nkas for not backing him & said we'd never had a manager of his calibre before?

Oh Dear

Worst by a mile , taking into account, bang for the buck.

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:30 - Jan 14 with 2363 viewsEalingRanger

Hughes was a disaster from start to finish. Ridiculous to say Warnock wouldn't have kept us up. Lets not forget that when all was said and done it was John Walters and Peter Crouch that kept us up last season, not 'Sparky'.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:30 - Jan 14 with 2358 viewsWatfordR

There shouldn't be any argument here.

Mullery took a team that was more than capable of winning the league, and f*cked it up in less than three months.

Frank Sibley, Burtenshaw. Phart, the Harfords Ray and Mick, Stewart Houston, Nutter Magilton - all much worse than Wilkins or Hughes.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 2353 viewsNorthernr

But the lasting damage was less from Mullery than Hughes and Wilkins, and Wilkins had to sell his best player, so I think Hughes could be the worst.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:35 - Jan 14 with 2339 viewsactonman

have to say, we stayed up despite of hughes not because of him !

Liverpool at home, 2-0 down and we were fking awfull, players were strangers and looked like they had accepted their fate. then something happened, don't know what and we won the game. from then on lr was a fortress and we galvanised the players. we lost every game away and only for the love of crouch winning a pen for sjoke we would be sitting in the championship right now.

anyway back to the question ...... yes!
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:37 - Jan 14 with 2323 viewsbaz_qpr

Wilkins gets a bad rap because of the squandering of the Ferdinand money, I dont think he was that bad, he was certainly unlucky with the Gallen injury.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:42 - Jan 14 with 2302 viewsElHoop

That's true enough. But his overall record as a manager isn't poor. In fact Wilkins overall record isn't poor either when you look at stats.

I still don't think that he's the worst though. He was poor, for sure, this season, but the worst? That's a big call. I can't see that he was quite that bad. Supporters of this club tend to dive in the deep end of the pool of negativity. The Flavio years kept the club going and yet there's never much of a good word about them at all. No doubt he was the worst chairman ever in many eyes though. Hughes will forever be the tosser who couldn't win a game this season, but he did keep us up last time. He's probably signed some players who we'll think were pretty good signings in a couple of years. I'm not sure i'd say that about some from the past. Frankly I don't really care whether anyone else thinks he's the worst or not, I don't think that he was.

for me, events have gone against us since we were promoted - the Faurlin affair, which probably contributed to the late takeover and late signings before the first season up, then keeping Warnock in the job because people wanted him to get a bash at it, and then sacking him because many didn't want him any more. More signings by Hughes to keep us up, probably not a good time to sign players but we did stay up. Then more signings in the summer. We never had any young players coming through and we struggled to sign decent defenders all through the promotion and first two seasons. Not sure we'll get them now either as there aren't many around. I think that circumstances made it difficult for any of our managers to succeed throughout that period. It wasn't really the fault of anyone in particular, it's just how it panned out. Hughes certainly ballsed up last summer with the signings, but was he a bit unlucky too? Andy Johnson's injury, Zamora's injury, Mbia losing it at Arsenal. He definitely lost the plot under that sort of pressure and he deserved the sack, but earlier managers had good youth production lines to add to what they signed, decent reserve sides, and plenty failed with that lot behind them. There's no slack here now. There's just what you bring in and nothing else to bail you out. It's not really comparing like with like, so no I can't have it!!

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:46 - Jan 14 with 2293 viewspaulparker

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:37 - Jan 14 by baz_qpr

Wilkins gets a bad rap because of the squandering of the Ferdinand money, I dont think he was that bad, he was certainly unlucky with the Gallen injury.

in my life time 100% yes and we have had some right dross managing us
special mention to the following
Hart
Harford
Houston
come to think of it all the cack ones start with H
but Hughes wins hands down, his whole arrogance like he was to good for us really got my goat, my only wish that Macca could come back and finnish that welsh T%at off , hate him with a passion cos mark my words that kunt will put this club back 10 years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:46 - Jan 14 with 2286 viewssimmohoopster

Hughes is the worst by a country mile. He thought he was more special than the special one.

The football was poor. He was tactically inept. The team had no organisation. He was shocking in the transfer market, and his man management left a lot to be desired. He had more tools and opportunities than any other manager we had and he ducked it up!!!!

Just thinking about him gets me shaking with rage and anger. He should never be allowed another job in football unless its manager of the scum
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:49 - Jan 14 with 2275 viewsNorthernr

Interesting that apart from Mullery, all the names on this thread were the QPR managers who actually had money to spend.
Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:51 - Jan 14 with 2263 viewsHollowayRanger

hughes has had more resourses at his disposal then all the QPR managers of the past put together

and yet we went an entire year without an away win
we went god knows how many games without any wins at all
he left us with a lop sided squard woefully short of strikers

and my great fear is that the damage he did to QPR has only just started unless Harry can perform a miracle and keep us up we are going to bleed and bleed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hughes - worst ever Y/N on 19:53 - Jan 14 with 2249 viewscorse

defenitely yes. worst manager ever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024