Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR in the championship not so bad? 15:09 - Feb 25 with 1494 viewsQPRDave

Anyone seen this blokes take on our impending relegation?
I personally think he is very optimistic about AJ and BZ firing us to promotion, and as for DJ ain't his contract up in the summer?
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/715?&cc=5739#
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 15:35 - Feb 25 with 1442 viewskropotkin41

Good read. I hope that it turns out more or less like this and we have a decent season to look forward to........... with some back-to-back wins!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 16:10 - Feb 25 with 1382 viewsKingy27

On the going down subject, I remained optimistic until the last couple of matches. I now believe we will get relegated.

What does this bring? IMO I think it will be for the best of the club. A lot of the expensive earners will hopefully move on, freeing up some the financial burden the club has heaped upon itself. The club HAS to look at how it's run. We have turned into a laughing stock in the way we have conducted business in the last 2 years with our panic buying. Trying to get ourselves out of trouble with no real improvement. I look at the Swansea is run and that is the model to match.
We used to be a club for unearthing gems and selling them for an improved fee, when was the last time that happened? Where has our youth policy gone?

Up until last year I was a regular at QPR, unfortunately I am unable to go as much due to family and work commitments. The 2 games I have been to this year, against West Ham and Liverpool left me feeling totally underwhelmed and pissed off. For the first time ever in over 30 years of watching Rangers I felt no bond with the players. They were not Rangers players of old, fighting and giving their all for the Blue and White hoops.

I feel the thing we have all strived for, the premiership has IMO been a very poor 2 years in the life of a QPR fan, with the exception of a couple of good results against Chelsea. It will be sad if we do get relegated but maybe in the long run it might be the best thing to happen.
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 1273 viewsQPRDave

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 15:35 - Feb 25 by kropotkin41

Good read. I hope that it turns out more or less like this and we have a decent season to look forward to........... with some back-to-back wins!!

not with that bunch we won't
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 17:42 - Feb 25 with 1258 viewsClive_Anderson

I thought BZ needs an operation that will keep him out for 8 months.
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 17:47 - Feb 25 with 1249 viewsJuzzie

Straight back up? I seem to remember thinking the same in 96/97

edit: for as long as I can remember, people have been wanting us back in the PL, now that we've as good as stuffed it up it's all "the Championship is not that bad really". No one would be saying that if we were 10th.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:12 - Feb 25 with 1201 viewsLblock

Yes -- it IS so bad.
To have returned last year with not spending a bundle I could've accepted and would gladly have swallowed a TF "planned progression" speech.
But then we went out in FOUR transfer windows and spent oodles and put players on BIG contracts.

As someone says on this very forum -- "you cant just sell players; they have to have a buyer".
The only ones who I can see being snapped up are Julio (and whose to say his Contract dont say he has to go on a freebie), Adel (25% of that goes to a thoroughly undeserving Spuds) and possibly Samba if he takes a big pay cut.

Who the hell would take any of the rest of them on mega money per week?

The club need to look back 16 years and also 18 months and STOP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES!
We won the Chumpionship at a canter with a work ethic, a solid committed defence, one insanely skillful player, the passing of Ale and the pace of Routledge with a sprinkling of a brave and solid striker HH.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:14 - Feb 25 with 1200 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 17:47 - Feb 25 by Juzzie

Straight back up? I seem to remember thinking the same in 96/97

edit: for as long as I can remember, people have been wanting us back in the PL, now that we've as good as stuffed it up it's all "the Championship is not that bad really". No one would be saying that if we were 10th.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Spot on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 1168 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:14 - Feb 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Spot on.

But surely the point isn't that being in the prem itself is bad, more that making such a colossal hash of being in the prem is not enjoyable and we might gain more enjoyment from the Championship next season?

If we were 10th and had been run with a plan and some common sense, i'm sure we'd be happy in the prem and would be getting value for our money and loyalty.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:34 - Feb 25 with 1137 viewsQPRDave

The most annoying part of it all is we were relegated in 96 and then soon after all the money started pouring in to the prem, and now the exact same thing is happening again. The prem will be virtually closed shop, with the payments being bigger and lasting 4 years
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:57 - Feb 25 with 1100 viewsShotKneesHoop

The way the Premier is going, it will be a European League in five years time with the Sky money going to the top 6 in England and the rest of the Premier League clubs will be told to sort it out for themselves.

England will be like the Scottish Premier in a few years time, absolute garbage, with every club in hock to the banks.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 19:16 - Feb 25 with 1065 viewsnewgolddream

When u c how Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn have performed this season, its hard too b optimistic bout our chances next season if indeed we do make the drop. Ladbrokes have us tarred and feathered already. 11 to 1 on. I wonder have they paid out yet???
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 19:35 - Feb 25 with 1022 viewshoopsa07

"Jamie Mackie thinks far too highly of himself not to be snapped up by a lower-end Premier League team. Probably Stoke" - This person is obviously a complete tw@t
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 20:59 - Feb 25 with 938 viewsderbyhoop

Agree with a lot of that article. But anybody thinking an immediate return is going to be anything other than a battle is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 900 viewsQPRDave

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:57 - Feb 25 by ShotKneesHoop

The way the Premier is going, it will be a European League in five years time with the Sky money going to the top 6 in England and the rest of the Premier League clubs will be told to sort it out for themselves.

England will be like the Scottish Premier in a few years time, absolute garbage, with every club in hock to the banks.

Yeah you could be right there
QPR in the championship not so bad? on 21:29 - Feb 25 with 885 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR in the championship not so bad? on 18:22 - Feb 25 by adhoc_qpr

But surely the point isn't that being in the prem itself is bad, more that making such a colossal hash of being in the prem is not enjoyable and we might gain more enjoyment from the Championship next season?

If we were 10th and had been run with a plan and some common sense, i'm sure we'd be happy in the prem and would be getting value for our money and loyalty.

I'd rather be struggling in the first division than being back in the second knowing we'd proven ourselves a failure in the first.

Let's pretend for a second we were a well-run club. The top division is where our players would play against the best, test themselves against the best, improve against the best. The club's future would be brighter for the opportunity to learn, the club's present would be richer. The club's history would be improved with our every day at the top. Our reputation would grow and grow. In all sports, in all walks of life, health and happiness the pinnacle's what is aimed for.

But we're not a well-run club, and the only argument for going down that I hear is that somehow being badly-run club in the second division is better than being a badly-run club in the first. It would be more fun. We'd win some games. I disagree with that line of thinking.

To me that would be akin to defeatism, and if we were to win more games and gain some transient, fleeting joy on match days then that would be far outweighed by the fact that we were again further from the the aim of being at the top table. Our victories would be hollow unless they led us ultimately back to the top. Our struggles would be just as real. The joys, therefore,would be false.

We need to be at the top. We need to stay there. The only, and I mean only, way I would be happy for us to be mediocre on the pitch is if the club were to be honest, well-run, inclusive and happy off the pitch. But it's not. Mediocrity and hollow victories in the mire of mediocrity mean nothing to me. I'm sick of being average, I'm sick of condescension, I'm sick of being mugs off and on the pitch. I want excellence. I want us to aim high. I want a natural high. The park-bench liquor and baccy spliff of second-division football is worse than methadone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024