Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oneill Sacked 21:34 - Mar 30 with 2677 viewseghamranger

Think they were going down anyway.Now they will
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Oneill Sacked on 21:37 - Mar 30 with 1988 viewsNorthernr

What a strange thing to do. Did they think they were going to beat Man Utd then? If not why not do it a fortnight ago and give yourself an international break to sort out the replacement? Panic.
Oneill Sacked on 21:41 - Mar 30 with 1947 viewsN12Hoop

Oneill Sacked on 21:37 - Mar 30 by Northernr

What a strange thing to do. Did they think they were going to beat Man Utd then? If not why not do it a fortnight ago and give yourself an international break to sort out the replacement? Panic.

Haven't seen a statement yet, but maybe he wasn't sacked. Being O'Neill he'll probably blame the club for not giving him enough support and thought he'd desert a sinking ship. Role is perfect for Mark Hughes.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Oneill Sacked on 21:43 - Mar 30 with 1940 viewsactonman

Wonder who will replace him. Really can't think of anyone better available ?

Maybe mark Hughes might see what's on offer ?
Oneill Sacked on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 1872 viewsQPRDave

Peeta Reid??
Oneill Sacked on 21:55 - Mar 30 with 1855 viewsthorpebankR

Looks like blind panic to me reminds me of wolves sacking McCarthy
Oneill Sacked on 21:55 - Mar 30 with 1852 viewsmichael67

Confirmed by the ever so faithful BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21985808

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Oneill Sacked on 21:55 - Mar 30 with 1849 viewscalders

Oneill Sacked on 21:43 - Mar 30 by actonman

Wonder who will replace him. Really can't think of anyone better available ?

Maybe mark Hughes might see what's on offer ?

Hope Hughes has the decency to at least give Sunderland the chance to be interviewed by him, What a kunt that man is.
Oneill Sacked on 22:00 - Mar 30 with 1812 viewsmichael67

Sunderlands next game is away next Sunday to the scum. Hope the scum can do s better job than today.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Login to get fewer ads

Oneill Sacked on 22:02 - Mar 30 with 1802 viewsJamie

Di Matteo I'd imagine.
Oneill Sacked on 22:03 - Mar 30 with 1793 viewsNeil_SI

Sunderland just don't come across as an attractive club or opportunity. If someone like Martin O'Neill can't get them going or the fans onside, it's hard to see who can, albeit O'Neill has looked past his sell by date since going there too.

In fact, his style of football is eerily reminiscent of Mark Hughes' overall, except O'Neill has much more of a personality suited for the press overall.

I look at Sunderland and just see so many players going backwards. The likes of Connor Wickham should have flourished, and players like Adam Johnson look short of form and inspiration. Even James McClean, who tore us apart last season up there is struggling and his direct style of play is something that would have suited O'Neill.

But in the end, that club had too many of those journeyman like players, or players that are experienced but not really at the peak of their powers anymore.

They're taking a serious risk as well, it doesn't show a lot of confidence in the squad if you rid of the manager at this point, especially if you don't find a replacement capable of geeing them up for the run in.
Oneill Sacked on 22:03 - Mar 30 with 1791 viewsEalingRanger

Digging their own grave. Will definitely be going down IMO, nightmare fixtures until the end of the season.
Oneill Sacked on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 1767 viewsQPRDave

Oneill Sacked on 22:02 - Mar 30 by Jamie

Di Matteo I'd imagine.

why??? surely he'll aim higher than that, and there's no transfers to be made
Oneill Sacked on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 1764 viewsted_hendrix

I was always indifferent to O'Neil, I thought of him as a pretty decent Prem Manager nothing brilliant but knew his stuff, mid table really.
Something has gone wrong at Sunderland though, apart from the terminally dreadful titface bramble I thought they had a good squad and bought well this season.
Football has become a farce in my view.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oneill Sacked on 22:11 - Mar 30 with 1741 viewsClive_Anderson

You could throw a hundred million quid at the Sunderland team and they'd still be no good. Whole place has the smell of death about it - just a club going through the motions these days. In the same boat as Villa and Newcastle as former big teams that have no chance of winning anything anymore so may as well not bother.
Oneill Sacked on 22:15 - Mar 30 with 1723 viewsJamie

Oneill Sacked on 22:07 - Mar 30 by QPRDave

why??? surely he'll aim higher than that, and there's no transfers to be made

Doubt the phone is ringing off the hook.
Neil_SI on 22:15 - Mar 30 with 1719 viewsNeil_SI

Oneill Sacked on 22:07 - Mar 30 by ted_hendrix

I was always indifferent to O'Neil, I thought of him as a pretty decent Prem Manager nothing brilliant but knew his stuff, mid table really.
Something has gone wrong at Sunderland though, apart from the terminally dreadful titface bramble I thought they had a good squad and bought well this season.
Football has become a farce in my view.

Yeah he used to thrive on being the underdog and gamble, inspiring his teams to have a go, but these days you see very few teams willing to do that and they become bland and boring pretty quickly.

The moment O'Neill switched to 4-5-1 from his tried and tested 4-4-2 approach, it was all over for him really.
Oneill Sacked on 22:54 - Mar 30 with 1577 viewskomradkirk

Match of the day pundits looking over their shoulder again for Martin.
Sunderland offered very little today going forward against an understrength united going through the motions.protecting goal difference maybe.
Oneill Sacked on 22:55 - Mar 30 with 1576 viewskomradkirk

there are a lot of bad teams in this league
Oneill Sacked on 23:02 - Mar 30 with 1551 viewsactonman

Oneill Sacked on 22:55 - Mar 30 by komradkirk

there are a lot of bad teams in this league

Makes it all the more sickening how Hughes fced things up ! Should have been safe in mid table now, looking forward to being an established premier league team.

Hughes you c()nt !
Oneill Sacked on 23:08 - Mar 30 with 1525 viewskomradkirk

would be a shame going down from this lot.
Oneill Sacked on 23:17 - Mar 30 with 1498 viewsloftboy

Can't see Sunderland turning it around, I'm far more optimistic than I was on the train home from Villa.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Oneill Sacked on 08:06 - Mar 31 with 1280 viewsexiled_dictator

Well, looking at how they have been playing recently, it really doesn't surprise me. The thing that does surprise me is the timing of the sacking. I would have given them more chance of survival with O'Neill there in charge, rather than not. It remains to be seen who will replace him, and whether they are planning for Championship football.
A
Look at the bright side; now there are two teams confirmed for relegation, with more teams being dragged into the equation. This can only be a good thing for us.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Oneill Sacked on 09:34 - Mar 31 with 1198 viewsbaz_qpr

Not a side I want to see go down, always tend to bounce back quickly/first time will be a big player in the championship
Oneill Sacked on 09:51 - Mar 31 with 1161 viewsJamie

Guardian & Mail have Hughes as a favourite along with Schteeve.
Oneill Sacked on 10:04 - Mar 31 with 1131 viewsJonDoeman

Oneill Sacked on 09:51 - Mar 31 by Jamie

Guardian & Mail have Hughes as a favourite along with Schteeve.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024