Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality 21:55 - Jan 27 with 4477 viewswaveydave

Formerly a frequent poster on this board, I have not posted in a while for no particular reason but I have a major worry about the current squad

What happens if we get promoted? and I believe we will should Austin stay fit and in good form. We will be f*cked

I cannot find enough quality in this team to put in a decent push to stave off relegation next year even with the most optimistic of views. For me there are only 6 players who will be good enough to start should we go up:

Green, Simpson, Nedum, Phillips, Barton, Austin

Plus the squad players who are good in this league won't even cut bench players
What are we going to do? we are going to be forced to buy again or go straight back down. Even if we somehow keep Remy and Tarbs makes a miraculous turn to become the PL good quality player I once thought he would be we are still in it deep
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:06 - Jan 27 with 4415 viewsNorthernr

You know what, I'll be writing the Bolton preview along these lines, but this is the situation.

- If we go up now, almost all of the same problems that fcked us before still exist. Infrastructure, training ground, quality of squad, ethos of club, knowledge at board level, thirst for big names, willingness to pay stupid money. It's all still there, whatever they say. If we go up it will almost certainly be an almighty ball acheing struggle all over again. What we really need is four or five years at this level to build a club capable of going up there and doing a Southampton-like job.

- But if we don't go up now, or next year, it has the potential to financially destroy us. Look at where Bolton are heading. Sad as it is we've probably worked a position where we have to go up, even if we lose every match, just to collect that TV money, feed the monster we've created, and stop us falling too far behind everybody else.
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:11 - Jan 27 with 4394 viewsPunteR

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:06 - Jan 27 by Northernr

You know what, I'll be writing the Bolton preview along these lines, but this is the situation.

- If we go up now, almost all of the same problems that fcked us before still exist. Infrastructure, training ground, quality of squad, ethos of club, knowledge at board level, thirst for big names, willingness to pay stupid money. It's all still there, whatever they say. If we go up it will almost certainly be an almighty ball acheing struggle all over again. What we really need is four or five years at this level to build a club capable of going up there and doing a Southampton-like job.

- But if we don't go up now, or next year, it has the potential to financially destroy us. Look at where Bolton are heading. Sad as it is we've probably worked a position where we have to go up, even if we lose every match, just to collect that TV money, feed the monster we've created, and stop us falling too far behind everybody else.

Totally agree and good summing up of our predicament.
Fancy a job as the QPRs people's front leader? 😊

Having said that, I think we have a better core of players then we had last time,that we can make some additions to. Plus the squad would be more settled hopefully,with no new owners coming in,new sponsors etc.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 22:41]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:29 - Jan 27 with 4342 viewskensalriser

Didn't Southampton have successive promotions?

Of course it will be a struggle to stay up, but look at the current bottom half of the Prem. There's not a lot there I don't think we can compete with assuming moderate strengthening on promotion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:38 - Jan 27 with 4317 viewsQPRDave

Isn't the reason this window is so quiet is because we won't pay stupid money?
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:41 - Jan 27 with 4297 viewsessextaxiboy

We havnt completed this transfer window yet . There is another one in the summer

If we get up we will be no worse off than Swansea Norwich , Cardiff , West Ham or Palace were .

For me it all depends on who is the Manager next year . If Harry does not stay his replacement will be the biggest decision TF has had to make since he arrived .

Surely TF and Beard have learnt something from the last couple of years , The training ground and youth development takes years to bear fruit.

One problem at a time , we need a Striker this week plus the guy from Livingstone . Then we need to put a run together .

Forget about the destination , enjoy the ride
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:44 - Jan 27 with 4277 viewsmorgantwin

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:29 - Jan 27 by kensalriser

Didn't Southampton have successive promotions?

Of course it will be a struggle to stay up, but look at the current bottom half of the Prem. There's not a lot there I don't think we can compete with assuming moderate strengthening on promotion.

yes yes yes i do agree dave but im hoping for a lucky break and by that i mean imagine if we get this lad steve may ,and he is another clive allen just two supersonic strikers could fire us up
a great deal of our problem last time we went up was that we were dependant so much on adel,and once he fired blacks we were finished
i think the prem is all about strikers

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:46 - Jan 27 with 4281 viewshoopstilidie

If/when we go up I think we'll stay up, it might not be pretty but we'll stay up, giving us the time to grow the team from within the confines of the Prem.
As the saying goes, it's better to be inside pissing out than outside pissing in.
Understand what Clive is saying regarding the old problems resurfacing but I would hope that even our lot will have learned just enough to avoid the same debacle as last time. You only have to reach the heady heights of 4th worst to do do that.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:55 - Jan 27 with 4256 viewsbarbicanranger

I do agree with everything said above, I do, BUT I think we will be in a marginally better position this time around compared to when we first went up: There is more stability about the club (remember Briatore, the points deduction, etc), even though we have gone through players like dirty underwear we have accumulated a marginally stronger better quality of players (IMO), if Harry's incharge then we wont have the break in continuity that we had before, we are a better known club (having spent 2 years up there) so it won't be as difficult to convince players to come to us, we have harry not warnock (better known manager), the core of our team is younger this time around (albeit we still have clint), we can poach the best of the championship players (we missed the chance last time around). Yeah it will be another almighty struggle, I just think it will be easier this time.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 22:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 23:05 - Jan 27 with 4232 viewskensalriser

We were hamstrung from the beginning thanks to T&C's ludicrous post promotion close season and the compounded problems caused by the panic buying of overpriced flops thereafter. We never recovered from that double whammy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 23:14 - Jan 27 with 4209 viewsClive_Anderson

People said the same thing about Hull when they got promoted, but they seem to have done ok.

Some players step up to the task in the higher division and others work hard and grind out some results against the odds. We just had a load of players that did neither last time.
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 23:14 - Jan 27 with 4204 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-reveal-incre

check out wet spam to see how even making record money left them with a yearly loss!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 00:38 - Jan 28 with 4133 viewsCanadaRanger

What's wrong with NOT spending - and doing a yo-yo between Championship and Premiership a couple of times before the stadium is ready and we have better income.
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 00:56 - Jan 28 with 4120 viewsQPR1882

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 22:38 - Jan 27 by QPRDave

Isn't the reason this window is so quiet is because we won't pay stupid money?

I'm guessing Leicester did not have to splash much cash to get Phillips ( wages ) , maybe he is not big enough signing for us even though he would be perfect.
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 08:18 - Jan 28 with 3986 viewsmorgantwin

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 00:56 - Jan 28 by QPR1882

I'm guessing Leicester did not have to splash much cash to get Phillips ( wages ) , maybe he is not big enough signing for us even though he would be perfect.

i watched every home game when qpr became runners up but i thought gerry francis back four were the best ever when gerry came 5th in the league i also think the gerry francis
technigue of attacking from the back was magnificent
and i thought that bardsley and wilson used to be almost like having two extra wingers pushing up into midfield
so we used to over run the midfield and then teams used to get crucifide at loftus road it didnt matter how good teams were at loftus road with the gerry francis attacking format we were amazing
the worry i have is that harry is useing another system very simular to warnock which encourages teams to attack
and in the prem im not sure we can hold them

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 08:41 - Jan 28 with 3963 viewsWeaverQPR

Don't worry TF has learnt his lessons so he tells us it will be oh so different next time around.

@WeavQPR

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 08:51 - Jan 28 with 3946 viewsRangersw12

I think we have a far better core of players for the top division this time around and certainly a younger set of players

We would still need some additions but hopefully we will go for younger hungry players from the championship rather than players who were good in 2005

Bar the top 6 the quality in the Premier league isn't all that any more and the gap between championship and premier league is closing IMO

We will hopefully get rid of a lot of of dead wood in the summer as Zamora, AJ ,Mbia , Park , young etc are all out of contract
Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 09:05 - Jan 28 with 3925 viewsade_qpr

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 00:38 - Jan 28 by CanadaRanger

What's wrong with NOT spending - and doing a yo-yo between Championship and Premiership a couple of times before the stadium is ready and we have better income.

Was going to post a similar reply to Clive's earlier post. With the additional comments of what were WBA like when they started bouncing between the leagues. How did they compare to us regards players, club structure and finances? If we are similar then that could be okay while we jettison older expensive players for a overall younger squad, with a younger hopefully long term manager as we build the club structure.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 10:26 - Jan 28 with 3841 viewssimmo

Are we not in danger here of doing exactly what we did when we went up originally - Looking at the players on paper and deciding that individually they are not good enough and we should replace them with people we think are premier league players rather than give this group the chance to show application can trump talent over the course of 38 games....

I am not saying we won't need some major investment in certain areas, the way we currently play means we would be 4-0 down at HT if we were against a premier league team. But it NEEDS to be the right players. Young, hungry, sell on value, room for improvement, relegation wage clauses etc. Even if we are buying those players with the mind set that we may go down but we will retain the key members of the squad and then make the charge again next year. If players don't fit that criteria or won't move within our budget/clause agreements, don't sign them, I don't care who it is.

People talk about not being a yo-yo club, but if you buy correctly and stick to your policies and ethos regardles of the league you're playing in, we will find ourselves in a far far healthier position in 5 years time by being relegated, consolidating the additional revenue and then gaining promotion again. New training ground, potentially new stadium, massively reduced debts, manageable wage budget and a commited foundation of a team with which you can start adding trinkets to. Little by little, bit by bit.

Of course you can't splash a picture of an improved balance sheet or mission statement for a 5-10 year plan over the side of an Air Asia plane. Shame.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 3833 viewsmorgantwin

Haven't posted in a while but compelled to by lack of future quality on 09:05 - Jan 28 by ade_qpr

Was going to post a similar reply to Clive's earlier post. With the additional comments of what were WBA like when they started bouncing between the leagues. How did they compare to us regards players, club structure and finances? If we are similar then that could be okay while we jettison older expensive players for a overall younger squad, with a younger hopefully long term manager as we build the club structure.

ive always maintained that if you bought enough players from the lower divisions some of them would be able to do the buisness

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024