Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly substitution 19:57 - Feb 1 with 5706 viewsonedalefan

It appeared that when Donnelly left the field, he went straight down the tunnel. Was he injured or was he having a Tutte moment?
Donnelly substitution on 20:15 - Feb 1 with 4497 viewsDickydaler

Maybe he was just desperate for a pee!
Donnelly substitution on 20:19 - Feb 1 with 4476 views_dezzy

Or as cold as we all was

KHBA

Donnelly substitution on 23:15 - Feb 1 with 4143 viewsdownunder

Or he was desperate to get on line and read what about what had been posted about him on Fans Network Rochdale.

It is a fine line in Sport, at the higher levels, between winning and losing, and confidence is a big part of which side of the line you usually end up on. Take the Cricket for example. None of the Cricket Fans had England down to be hammered in the Ashes, but confidence was lost in the first defeat (or gained by Australia). Anyone noticed how India have similarly been clobbered by the Black Caps?
Keith Hill may tell his players to ignore The Press, Forums etc. Personally I hope GD reads the stuff written on here, and gets out there with an "I will show them" attitude. We have debated on her about him. It is clear he works bloody hard, but lacks the "finishing touch", or just "lacks skill". Personally I would rather coach a team of workers than a team of skilful lazy sods. So GD, if you are reading this, get out there, and practice. Practice your weaknesses. Spend a few extra hours after training, like Ronaldo and Cantona are reported to have done. I hope you succeed, because if you do, so do Rochdale AFC
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 23:38]
Donnelly substitution on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 4078 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Donnelly substitution on 20:15 - Feb 1 by Dickydaler

He disappeared sharpish last week as well.........first to the pies,possibly.

Not impressed.
Donnelly substitution on 00:05 - Feb 2 with 4038 viewsRotherhamDale

He probably went for the bench, and missed.

Possession with progression.

Donnelly substitution on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 3809 viewsstigmundo77

Donnelly substitution on 00:05 - Feb 2 by RotherhamDale

He simply isn't good enough ! Fact
Donnelly substitution on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 3654 viewsmacro

Donnelly substitution on 08:54 - Feb 2 by stigmundo77

He simply isn't good enough ! Fact

Exactly
Donnelly substitution on 10:51 - Feb 2 with 3585 viewsrochdale1987

It's clear that he works hard but he needs 10 chances to score, and should have finished the chance yesterday. Not good enough and aside from a decent spell towards the end of last season he never has been, as a striker anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly substitution on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 3553 viewsstigmundo77

Donnelly substitution on 10:51 - Feb 2 by rochdale1987

It's clear that he works hard but he needs 10 chances to score, and should have finished the chance yesterday. Not good enough and aside from a decent spell towards the end of last season he never has been, as a striker anyway.

Agreed, hilly needs it suck up the fact that hogan needs quality support. Loan required . No shame in admitting that
Donnelly substitution on 12:03 - Feb 2 with 3445 viewsThe_DJ

Donnelly substitution on 20:15 - Feb 1 by Dickydaler

According to rumour he went to run the bath.
Donnelly substitution on 13:28 - Feb 2 with 3315 viewsDaleFan7

He's not just not good enough. None of this oh he works hard and chips in with goals and stuff. He just isn't good enough. We look a much better side without him in it than with him in it.
Donnelly substitution on 13:31 - Feb 2 with 3302 viewsstigmundo77

Donnelly substitution on 13:28 - Feb 2 by DaleFan7

He's not just not good enough. None of this oh he works hard and chips in with goals and stuff. He just isn't good enough. We look a much better side without him in it than with him in it.

We are nowhere near a top 3 finish with our existing strikers ;) harsh! I appreciate but true
Donnelly substitution on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 3281 viewsboromat

I think the team has plenty of goals in it. League table kind of backs that up. I'm quite glad we don't have just one player scoring all the goals.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Donnelly substitution on 16:14 - Feb 2 with 3172 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Donnelly substitution on 12:03 - Feb 2 by The_DJ

According to rumour he went to run the bath.

did the bath win?
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:32 - Feb 2 with 3120 viewsmacro

Donnelly substitution on 13:28 - Feb 2 by DaleFan7

He's unfit, lacking in confidence and unfortunately lacking in ability
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 16:35]
Donnelly substitution on 19:06 - Feb 2 with 2867 viewsDickydaler

Donnelly substitution on 23:15 - Feb 1 by downunder

Or he was desperate to get on line and read what about what had been posted about him on Fans Network Rochdale.

It is a fine line in Sport, at the higher levels, between winning and losing, and confidence is a big part of which side of the line you usually end up on. Take the Cricket for example. None of the Cricket Fans had England down to be hammered in the Ashes, but confidence was lost in the first defeat (or gained by Australia). Anyone noticed how India have similarly been clobbered by the Black Caps?
Keith Hill may tell his players to ignore The Press, Forums etc. Personally I hope GD reads the stuff written on here, and gets out there with an "I will show them" attitude. We have debated on her about him. It is clear he works bloody hard, but lacks the "finishing touch", or just "lacks skill". Personally I would rather coach a team of workers than a team of skilful lazy sods. So GD, if you are reading this, get out there, and practice. Practice your weaknesses. Spend a few extra hours after training, like Ronaldo and Cantona are reported to have done. I hope you succeed, because if you do, so do Rochdale AFC
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 23:38]

I'm with you on this one downunder. I much prefer a player who will give his all in a match like Donnelly rather than a Grimes.
It can't be easy playing up front on your own. George, as Hogan, is much better when someone else is playing alongside.
I also thought his work rate was good yesterday and some of his work out on the left alongside Rose and Henderson was also good.
I get the feeling some peoples judgment on yesterday is based on his one miss. I also notice that Hogan, Cummins and Bunney are not up for public execution! They also forgot to score!
Donnelly substitution on 20:28 - Feb 2 with 2760 viewsmacro

Donnelly substitution on 19:06 - Feb 2 by Dickydaler

I'm with you on this one downunder. I much prefer a player who will give his all in a match like Donnelly rather than a Grimes.
It can't be easy playing up front on your own. George, as Hogan, is much better when someone else is playing alongside.
I also thought his work rate was good yesterday and some of his work out on the left alongside Rose and Henderson was also good.
I get the feeling some peoples judgment on yesterday is based on his one miss. I also notice that Hogan, Cummins and Bunney are not up for public execution! They also forgot to score!

His work rate was good until he missed the sitter then he fell apart.

The reason that Donnelly gets grief from some quarters is it's fine to run about a bit but the whole point of a forward to to assist or score and gorgeous very rarely does either.

His return this season a penalty, a fluke and a long shot which the keeper should have saved. Unfortunately gorgeous is one of the most inept forwards to have played for dale in a long time, Christ I've even found myself thinking sako would offer more
Donnelly substitution on 20:30 - Feb 2 with 2754 viewsColDale

back to the OP, he did head down the tunnel, but it didn't look anything untoward
Donnelly substitution on 20:36 - Feb 2 with 2735 viewsRochdaleLeeds

Dont want to be the odd-ball of the convo but the last few games Donnelly has played I have seen major improvement in his technique and reading the game, he still runs about like a big pain in the arse (for the opposing defence), would gladly have him in my team each week because this season we have been creating over 10 chances a game. Personally still think that Cummins is lazy and even though he 'may well have the potential' he is nowhere near using it and will not reach it until he does take a leaf out of Donnellys book.

But as for the post, he shook his replacements hands and by the look on his face he was not happy with his performance (understandable) and needed his few minutes to be alone (just like Lancashire at half time against Rotherfield in the FA CUP)
Donnelly substitution on 09:55 - Feb 3 with 2538 viewsdingdangblue

I hope Hogan not starting the last 2 home league games isn't anything to worry about. Really hope Hilly isn't worried about his attitude or head being turned by recent transfer speculation. We need Hogan playing and scoring if we are to get promoted. If its just Hilly 'resting' him or just rotating the squad then I think Id rather Hogan rested in away games where he has been less prolific. Couldn't imagine for one minute he would've missed Donnellys sitter on Sat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Donnelly substitution on 10:16 - Feb 3 with 2502 viewsdownunder

Keith Hill sees the players just about every day at training. He has the best knowledge of the commitment, attitude, skill.
We have to trust KH's judgement, and he has not done too bad this past year. And I can see that from a long way away.
Donnelly substitution on 10:52 - Feb 3 with 2463 viewsnordenblue

Donnelly substitution on 09:55 - Feb 3 by dingdangblue

I hope Hogan not starting the last 2 home league games isn't anything to worry about. Really hope Hilly isn't worried about his attitude or head being turned by recent transfer speculation. We need Hogan playing and scoring if we are to get promoted. If its just Hilly 'resting' him or just rotating the squad then I think Id rather Hogan rested in away games where he has been less prolific. Couldn't imagine for one minute he would've missed Donnellys sitter on Sat.

Or keeping Hogan under the radar till the transfer window closes?
Donnelly substitution on 11:42 - Feb 3 with 2383 viewssandylaner1

Couldn't make the game As was in London and just caught up on highlights now

I was expecting the miss to be a bad one but damn it's a shocker and even worse when his performance is directly related to his confidence levels

I could back hill starting Donnelly if he was remotely in form or had earned a place in the starting 11 from previous performances but he doesn't even look match fit !

Start cummins and hogan and move Hendo back out to the left. Matty done has been very good at left back but Michael rose seems undropable

Concerning the fans or lack of he needs to stfu and look closer to home at the clubs engagement in promoting / advertising his team Rochdale from the start of this year.

Sounds like he's been watching to many Jose moaninho post match press confrences
Donnelly substitution on 11:43 - Feb 3 with 2381 viewssandylaner1

Donnelly substitution on 00:05 - Feb 2 by RotherhamDale

Nailed it.

Post of the year.
Donnelly substitution on 12:16 - Feb 3 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

Donnelly substitution on 11:42 - Feb 3 by sandylaner1

Couldn't make the game As was in London and just caught up on highlights now

I was expecting the miss to be a bad one but damn it's a shocker and even worse when his performance is directly related to his confidence levels

I could back hill starting Donnelly if he was remotely in form or had earned a place in the starting 11 from previous performances but he doesn't even look match fit !

Start cummins and hogan and move Hendo back out to the left. Matty done has been very good at left back but Michael rose seems undropable

Concerning the fans or lack of he needs to stfu and look closer to home at the clubs engagement in promoting / advertising his team Rochdale from the start of this year.

Sounds like he's been watching to many Jose moaninho post match press confrences

"Concerning the fans or lack of he needs to stfu and look closer to home at the clubs engagement in promoting / advertising his team Rochdale from the start of this year."

Agree with this.

When he came back his stated aim was to try to improve all aspects of the club which would benefit the team he puts out. The number of fans coming through the turnstiles is one of them. If he's not knocking on CD's door and asking the same questions about marketing as us, he bloody well should be. It's fine having a pint in the Baum with the directors to celebrate the success and income generated from our cup run (post-Wednesday game) but how did the conversation go?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024