Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 72471 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:14 - Feb 18 with 2195 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yes I can you're not making insinuations like that on here.

On a serious note though there are questions regarding marketing and comms that have been done to death on here so the post wasn't really going over anything that hasn't been said.

Never a dull day on PS!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:15 - Feb 18 with 2186 viewsDarran

Its quite funny how ML gives a press conference and the board and several members of staff some of who've been working for the club for many years are a pack of c*nts to some isn't it?
Go support someone else.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 2173 viewsThursday

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

Seemed pretty reasonable to me TBH.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. Today, we're only interested in facts.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 2167 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

Seemed pretty reasonable to me TBH.

Nah not really some of the people were working at the Vetch and have done nothing but good for the club,not having someones personal problems brought into it.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2158 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:49 - Feb 18 by scottishjack

Dear Michael,

Thanks for last season, it was great. Sorry that things didn't work out this year, but hey, that's football eh?

Now then, since Garry came in, we have picked up 4 points out of 6 in the league and gave a good account of ourselves at Everton with a team made up with several players that I doubt you would even recognize.

You have been sacked before because of issues with your backroom team, and have clearly failed to recognize that there is an issue in this area? Despite our results and more worryingly, performances dropping sharply? What generally happens in the real world is that if employers decide that things need to change, as they are the ones in charge (Not you by the way), then things need to change.

I wasn't sure whether it was loyalty to your pals, or your ego refusing to believe that you could be wrong...until today.

That press conference? Was there really any point other than self publicity? If you and the board have a dispute, then follow the legal processes that apparently prevent you from saying too much anyway. To do it just a couple of days before we play Napoli just smacks of a spoiled child throwing his toys out of his pram. If you really cared that much about "Your" players, then maybe you wouldn't want anything unsettling before a big match?

All the best...

P.S. It might have been easier all round, especially for the commentators and journalists over here if we had hired Brian instead.

Good analysis, thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:18 - Feb 18 with 2145 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:15 - Feb 18 by Darran

Its quite funny how ML gives a press conference and the board and several members of staff some of who've been working for the club for many years are a pack of c*nts to some isn't it?
Go support someone else.

I don't think it's that extreme Daz (not IMO anyway).

Laudstrop ( will you charge me royalties for using that name? ) is far from innocent in this and despite the way it's been handled I think it was probably for the best.

I'm not going to give my thoughts on some of the people mentioned on here as it wouldn't be appropriate for me to character assassinate them. If one has nowt constructive to say, then say nothing!

PS - notice how Laudstrops lapdog has been awfully quiet, wonder how no one has mentioned that

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:18 - Feb 18 with 2145 viewsPrivate_Partz

I do not have the knowledge of the club to agree or disagree with some of things Uplands has said. Surely a response would be better than just a plain deletion.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:22 - Feb 18 with 2111 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:17 - Feb 18 by Davillin

Good analysis, thanks.

A lot of it is wide of the mark though if the reason for dismissal was breach of contract - not sure people have got their head around that yet,
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 18 with 2079 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:16 - Feb 18 by Darran

Nah not really some of the people were working at the Vetch and have done nothing but good for the club,not having someones personal problems brought into it.

Doesn't mean that they should have a job for life.

A lot of the questions raised were valid IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 18 with 2073 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:18 - Feb 18 by waynekerr55

I don't think it's that extreme Daz (not IMO anyway).

Laudstrop ( will you charge me royalties for using that name? ) is far from innocent in this and despite the way it's been handled I think it was probably for the best.

I'm not going to give my thoughts on some of the people mentioned on here as it wouldn't be appropriate for me to character assassinate them. If one has nowt constructive to say, then say nothing!

PS - notice how Laudstrops lapdog has been awfully quiet, wonder how no one has mentioned that

Yes it is nobody was mentioning a staff members personal problem when we were wiping the floor with Valencia.
He can tweet Leigh Dineen if he thinks hes got a valid point.

Whos his lapdog?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 2055 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't mean that they should have a job for life.

A lot of the questions raised were valid IMO.

Its also got nothing to do with this thread its just someones personal hump.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 2051 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yes it is nobody was mentioning a staff members personal problem when we were wiping the floor with Valencia.
He can tweet Leigh Dineen if he thinks hes got a valid point.

Whos his lapdog?

Bayram Tutumlu

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:28 - Feb 18 with 2034 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 by waynekerr55

Bayram Tutumlu

F*ck him.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 with 2009 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:28 - Feb 18 by Darran

F*ck him.

Bayram's contribution will probably come a little later, after enough time has passed to make it look good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 with 2009 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:27 - Feb 18 by Darran

Its also got nothing to do with this thread its just someones personal hump.

Not looking to throw gasoline on the flames Daz but how is it a personal gripe? The only thing personal is the mention of the fear of flying, which, on reflection probably didn't need to be included.

Some of Dineen's tweets are embarrassing though, he is a director at a PL club. Only the other day people were calling for a lynching of Gold and Sullivan after their tweets about Chico...

(Ducks for cover)

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 with 2005 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:11 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yes I can you're not making insinuations like that on here.

INSINUATION: - an unpleasant hint or suggestion of something bad

Darren I don't accept what I wrote to be anything other than my opinion...
Which after all is what everyone else does on this FORUM on a daily basis.

FORUM:- a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I've read what you have written about Laudrup on here today and that is exceptable, yet what I've written isn't ???
Darren, I don't think you are in any position to tell me which team I should or should not support so kindly refrain from doing so.

I'll keep an eye out for you at the annual awards evening and we can discuss it further...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:31 - Feb 18 with 1995 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 by UplandsJack

FORUM:- a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I've read what you have written about Laudrup on here today and that is exceptable, yet what I've written isn't ???
Darren, I don't think you are in any position to tell me which team I should or should not support so kindly refrain from doing so.

I'll keep an eye out for you at the annual awards evening and we can discuss it further...

Start a new thread.

*EDIT oh and you'll have to buy me a ticket because I'm not paying to go to that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:32 - Feb 18 with 1985 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

Bayram's contribution will probably come a little later, after enough time has passed to make it look good.

The major achilles heel in all of this was that nobody asked how many of the unsigned players were represented by that idiot.

I love how Laudstrop thinks that Tutumlu's behaviour is somehow exclusive from him even though he's a paid employee of his...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 20:33]

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 18 with 1975 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:21 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

He did good on the back of Michu's Goals for about 4 months, it was mediocre and down hill from there on in the Prem as Michu tired and picked up niggling injuries, but like ML some fans are more interested in Cups than staying up.
He just couldn't see what he was doing to the Club or if he did could not change or didn't care.
The more he publicizes the sacking the more his failings are likely to come out, including the discontent of some players and fans.
Added to his falling out with his previous clubs Boards it is getting to be a major downside to his Image that he can't seem to work with others.

Right on the money, especially your last two sentences:

"The more he publicizes the sacking the more his failings are likely to come out, including the discontent of some players and fans.

"Added to his falling out with his previous clubs Boards it is getting to be a major downside to his Image that he can't seem to work with others."

This is Laudrup's comment that struck me, and explains your comments quite well:

"You can do whatever you want but just don’t interfere in my job."

Oh, yeah?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 18 with 1957 viewstomdickharry

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:22 - Feb 18 by AnotherJohn

A lot of it is wide of the mark though if the reason for dismissal was breach of contract - not sure people have got their head around that yet,

No they haven't and what makes the matter even more interesting is,what type of breach it was. Hope Jenkins had very good legal advice before that breach of contract clause was written into in Laudrup's dismissal letter could be a case of Swansea lawyers v Madrid lawyers,notice the club have not issued any statement,perhaps very wise.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:35 - Feb 18 with 1938 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 18 by Davillin

Right on the money, especially your last two sentences:

"The more he publicizes the sacking the more his failings are likely to come out, including the discontent of some players and fans.

"Added to his falling out with his previous clubs Boards it is getting to be a major downside to his Image that he can't seem to work with others."

This is Laudrup's comment that struck me, and explains your comments quite well:

"You can do whatever you want but just don’t interfere in my job."

Oh, yeah?

Always the victim, it's never his fault...

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:41 - Feb 18 with 1878 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:30 - Feb 18 by UplandsJack

You've got a PM.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 18 with 1853 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 18 by tomdickharry

No they haven't and what makes the matter even more interesting is,what type of breach it was. Hope Jenkins had very good legal advice before that breach of contract clause was written into in Laudrup's dismissal letter could be a case of Swansea lawyers v Madrid lawyers,notice the club have not issued any statement,perhaps very wise.

Great point Tomdickharry and on previous form of club solicitors, we're probably in the sh$t...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:48 - Feb 18 with 1816 viewsUxbridge

Well, if Darren's going to start deleting posts critical about the board or certain directors then I won't be posting much on here in the future ....

It'll be interesting to see how this case progresses. Putting aside whether it was right or wrong to get rid of the manager (not looking too bad at the mo), if there is any credibility to what Laudrup says about the way it was handled then the board are duty bound to respond.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:48 - Feb 18 with 1815 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:14 - Feb 18 by Odgaard

Poor results? really? well i dont buy that..

Pimping out our best players? were is that a fact? Directsport?

the reason, is all about the culture about the club. And the culture ML got to the club was not ideal for the swanseaway and the history..

You are not qualified to talk about the club.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024