Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 72467 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:49 - Feb 18 with 2150 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:48 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Well, if Darren's going to start deleting posts critical about the board or certain directors then I won't be posting much on here in the future ....

It'll be interesting to see how this case progresses. Putting aside whether it was right or wrong to get rid of the manager (not looking too bad at the mo), if there is any credibility to what Laudrup says about the way it was handled then the board are duty bound to respond.

It wasn't so get your facts right first.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:52 - Feb 18 with 2132 viewsswan65split

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:50 - Feb 18 by Private_Partz

If this drags on then GM is going to be quizzed on it every press conference. ML is a huge name in the game so it will run unless it is put to bed. Bound to affect the team IMO.

True and then look at some of his answers and non answers!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 2097 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:49 - Feb 18 by Darran

It wasn't so get your facts right first.

So you didn't delete any posts?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:58 - Feb 18 with 2081 viewsQuientus

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:56 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Just got a post deleted as well ...

This is hilarious ... - someone must be really worried ...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:00 - Feb 18 with 2061 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:56 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Yes I did and it was mentioning staff members at the club,ive now spoken to someone at FN about and PM'd the poster to repost it in another thread.

Is that ok with you?
F*ck me little bastard.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 with 2022 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:58 - Feb 18 by Quientus

Just got a post deleted as well ...

This is hilarious ... - someone must be really worried ...

Not by me you didn't what did it say?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 with 2021 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:13 - Feb 18 by AnotherJohn

We have to move on, but I now feel concerned that the board may not come out of this looking good.

Several posters are saying that nothing new came out of the press conference, but for me it is a something of a bombshell to hear that Laudrup was dismissed for breach of contract. Breach implies that he did not comply with the terms of his contract with the football club; it does not arise from 'doing a shit job' in the general sense or from poor results. This also means that those who are saying that Laudrup should be satisfied with his pay-off and go quietly are wide of the mark, because if the dismissal is for breach of contract the club probably does not intend to pay anything. I am not an employment lawyer, but it seems to me that the club has to demonstrate behaviour at odds with specific clauses in the contract if this is to stick. That could be tricky.

Respectfully, it is far too early to be reaching any conclusions about the "breach of contract" line. That's a legal issue that will be dealt with in a legal setting.

The words "breach of contract" came from Laudrup, not from any official or unofficial statement from the Board.

Disobeying legitimate instructions from one's employer is at least potentially a form of "breach of contract," otherwise there'd be no need for a contract in the first place.

Just above this post, I referred to Laudrup's telling his employer "You can do whatever you want but just don’t interfere in my job." This was a very bad move because it sets up a perfect scenario for breach of contract if he refuses to follow a direct order.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 with 2015 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:00 - Feb 18 by Darran

Yes I did and it was mentioning staff members at the club,ive now spoken to someone at FN about and PM'd the poster to repost it in another thread.

Is that ok with you?
F*ck me little bastard.

Calm down shorty. Yes that's much better. Don't delete any more posts, there's a good chap.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:04 - Feb 18 with 1988 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Calm down shorty. Yes that's much better. Don't delete any more posts, there's a good chap.

Right,f*ck off.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:05 - Feb 18 with 1981 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 by Davillin

Respectfully, it is far too early to be reaching any conclusions about the "breach of contract" line. That's a legal issue that will be dealt with in a legal setting.

The words "breach of contract" came from Laudrup, not from any official or unofficial statement from the Board.

Disobeying legitimate instructions from one's employer is at least potentially a form of "breach of contract," otherwise there'd be no need for a contract in the first place.

Just above this post, I referred to Laudrup's telling his employer "You can do whatever you want but just don’t interfere in my job." This was a very bad move because it sets up a perfect scenario for breach of contract if he refuses to follow a direct order.

There's a good point. Wonder if today was an attempt to shame the club into settling because his counsel thinks he can't win.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:06 - Feb 18 with 1963 viewsPozuelosSideys

It makes me laugh that the guy generates more emotion and feeling now hes gone than he did in the last 12 months or so that he was here. Bayrum is a PR genius.

Those of our "fans" who have suddenly turned against the Board and our Club can seriously bore off and follow somebody else. I bet most of you werent even here 4 years ago.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:08 - Feb 18 with 1932 viewsQuientus

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 by Darran

Not by me you didn't what did it say?

Ahhh, I quoted Uplandsjack, which was probably why it got deleted then ...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:08 - Feb 18 with 1926 viewsmax936

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:34 - Feb 18 by haremscarem

Aubaumayeng has scored 13 goals in 20 matches. He is doing very good!

He said quite openly that he didn't want to come here, as did a few other players Chadli, Aspas, so whats the club to do then, press gang them, so its utterly pointless mentioning these players, because they were never ever going to come.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:08 - Feb 18 by max936

He said quite openly that he didn't want to come here, as did a few other players Chadli, Aspas, so whats the club to do then, press gang them, so its utterly pointless mentioning these players, because they were never ever going to come.

Don't be daft mun Max it makes Swansea City look stupid so its all good.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 1908 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:24 - Feb 18 by LeonisGod

But you don't know any details, so why be critical of how it was done? Maybe, just maybe the board have a valid case? We don't know.

Correct.

I must say this. No attorney worth his salt would allow his client to answer questions about the case from someone who has already declared himself an opposing party [meaning Laudrup].

Laudrup has said that he has sought legal advice [which, because of his insistence about the Board defining "breach of contract," makes me doubt that he has], and at least strongly hinted that a lawsuit would follow. He also made a huge point over what the Board meant by "breach of contract," which will be at the absolute central issue of any law suit.

Stupid client and stupider attorney if they answer this out-of-court.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:11 - Feb 18 with 1895 views2face

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:16 - Feb 18 by JonnyTheJack

I love how Laudrup hinted that he didn't want to sign Bony and I think it was clear anyway he wasn't first choice. What makes it funny is that he wanted Aspas who's disappeared off the face of the earth and Aubaumayeng who's barely made an impact at Dortmund and he also wanted too much money.

The fact he read pretty much everything off a piece of paper says it all. This would have left a sour taste in my mouth usually but the whole thing is just bizarre.

Aubameyang has scored 13 goals in the Bundesliga.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 21:12]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 18 with 1770 viewsPhil_S

Its all very pathetic and egotistical
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 18 with 1744 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Its all very pathetic and egotistical

He's your admin....

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 18 with 1738 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

He's your admin....

Bastard.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:34 - Feb 18 with 1721 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

He's your admin....

I guess I invited that...!!!!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:35 - Feb 18 with 1712 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 18 by Darran

Bastard.

Well someone has to tap that one in!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:37 - Feb 18 with 1691 viewsPlasticman

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 18 by JonnyTheJack

I agree that the whole thing was handled poorly. And most Swans fans would too.

And I'm not saying Monk is the next great thing either and there's still a lot of work to do, but 99% of us are much more confident for the rest of the season since the sacking.

what's that quote about statistical numbers used on the web?

Plastic since 2012

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:39 - Feb 18 with 1668 viewsmax936

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:10 - Feb 18 by Darran

Don't be daft mun Max it makes Swansea City look stupid so its all good.

Ive been marked down for stating the truth, I'm not gonna sleep tonite now ffs,

Scrap that
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 21:41]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:40 - Feb 18 with 1659 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:02 - Feb 18 by Davillin

It is true that we haven't yet confirmed from an independent source that breach of contract is indeed alleged, but it looks plausible to me, and this was certainly the big surprise to come out of the press conference . If the club letter sent to Laudrup alleges that he breached the contract then we don't have to wait for legal proceedings before discussing the merits of that strategy. As to the rest of your post, I will content myself with saying that our understandings of contract law are different. Admittedly though, employment law is a bit different and what I know about contracts comes from an unrelated area. If breach of contract is indeed involved, that will mean that a lot of the comments on the thread are mistaken.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:40 - Feb 18 with 1659 viewsDewi1jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:05 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

There's a good point. Wonder if today was an attempt to shame the club into settling because his counsel thinks he can't win.

Good thought.
At least 3 times during the PC, ML has admitted to failing to follow his employers direct instructions, as regards to change your staff.
Not the best of things to have done, if you're chasing an employment tribunal let alone a courtroom decision on a contract.

Thanks for what you have done for us ML.
Go quietly and with honour and dignity.
Say nothing until you are in the privacy of a tribunal/ court.
It could come back and really bite you on the ar se

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024