Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 72466 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 with 2321 viewsGriffting

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:09 - Feb 18 by Darran

It's not that funny.

Phil hasn't thanked you for all the hard work you're doing has he?
Cos if he has, you're f*cked.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 with 2319 viewsymaohyd

As much as most of us have huge respect for the board, this whole episode hasn't been handled very well. Such is life though and particularly life in football.

A board full of people who genuinely love the club against, egotistical, agents, managers, players. The majority of whom couldn't give a stuff about the club and are only interested in the mighty dollar..and I suppose that's fair enough. That's what we are dealing with though, Huw Jenkins and the board need to make sure they learn lessons, whom they appoint etc..etc.

That said the worst case scenario is about to be played out. Poor old wronged Michael, holding press conferences and not having the opportunity to say his goodbyes!!! He hardly spoke to them when he was here! If your management style is one that sees you take an elitist stance and by choice keep players and club staff at arms length, in my book you must then accept that when your time is up, as is the case in the vast majority of cases for managers in football then you can't reasonably expect a lot of love coming your way.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 with 2319 viewstomdickharry

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:56 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Ah right but either way our manager at the time decided he didn't want him.

I'm just glad we didnt sell Williams in the summer

It is spin to say our manager at the time didn't want him,the truth is the club missed the date,to put it bluntly an administrative cock up.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:29 - Feb 18 with 2265 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 by tomdickharry

It is spin to say our manager at the time didn't want him,the truth is the club missed the date,to put it bluntly an administrative cock up.

You can call it what you want - Laudrup didnt want Ki back. Did we seem to understand the date? On the face of it no but even if we could recall him Laudrup didnt want him and he had the opportunity before the deadline passed
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:31 - Feb 18 with 2245 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:03 - Feb 18 by Darran

The letter might not even have been sent out for a couple of days too.

Correct.

I can tell you from very personal experience that attorneys are not the most prompt responders by mail.

This is especially true if they are simply confirming something already communicated, or answering a silly question. [Either or both might be at play in the Laudrup matter.]

In fine, I'd put no serious stock whatsoever in the whole 9-day letter sideshow.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:34 - Feb 18 with 2234 views2face

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:54 - Feb 18 by PozuelosSideys

Perhaps the "being sacked by email" thing was just the formal confirmation notice of termination of employment in writing.

In my experience when people are being fired this way, it's because the employer wants to keep the employee off the premises so he can't access the computer, delete emails, copy documents etc. And also to keep the disgrundled employee away from other employees potentially creating negativity and bad vibes around the company.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:40 - Feb 18 with 2196 viewsJJJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:34 - Feb 18 by 2face

In my experience when people are being fired this way, it's because the employer wants to keep the employee off the premises so he can't access the computer, delete emails, copy documents etc. And also to keep the disgrundled employee away from other employees potentially creating negativity and bad vibes around the company.

That would be exactly my experience too....with the first reason outweighing the second in terms of pounds, shillings and pence!!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:50 - Feb 18 with 2141 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:34 - Feb 18 by 2face

Yep. Could be any number of things

In my old job we dismissed employees who had been under investigation. (traders) Theyre effectively put on gardening leave pending the outcome for similar reasons which you mentioned. They are then told verbally and sent notification via email and hard copy (with the reasons behind it) Its an HR thing and given the sort of money involved and the sensitivity of it all, its just arse covering.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:52 - Feb 18 with 2135 viewsduckling

Theory

Sacked due to breach of Contract:

Just wondering wouldn't this open up for the option of it not necessary being his contract?

What if the Sponsors were to demand certain players to play a certain amount, if the manager doesn't follow the club breach it's contract with the sponsor and so...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:58 - Feb 18 with 2106 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:52 - Feb 18 by duckling

Theory

Sacked due to breach of Contract:

Just wondering wouldn't this open up for the option of it not necessary being his contract?

What if the Sponsors were to demand certain players to play a certain amount, if the manager doesn't follow the club breach it's contract with the sponsor and so...

Youre assuming its the club who are in breach of contract.

Edit: Oh, i see what you mean. Sorry!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 23:00]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:00 - Feb 19 with 1935 viewslovejuicejack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:46 - Feb 18 by lolswans

Every time a new manager gets appointed, the players run their asses off to secure those vital first/second/third impressions. This phenomenon usually lasts 4-5 weeks, then the players get back into their usual gear and you'll notice not much has changed. This is true even if the new manager is a known figure in and around the club.
Best get working when a new boss arrives.

Using Monk's results from the first 4-5 weeks as an argument, you'd also have to look back at a lot of failed managers who came out guns blazing, thanks to the players needing to make themselves stand out.

I'm a Dane, so I'm somewhat biased, but I do like Swansea FC and I hope you guys come out of this strong. I would enjoy to see you guys in the PL again next season.

However, sacking someone by e-mail is weak as f*ck.

Yeah I agree, I would of sacked him by messenger pigeon that's hard as f*ck man.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:40 - Feb 19 with 1863 viewsScoobyWho

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 by ymaohyd

As much as most of us have huge respect for the board, this whole episode hasn't been handled very well. Such is life though and particularly life in football.

A board full of people who genuinely love the club against, egotistical, agents, managers, players. The majority of whom couldn't give a stuff about the club and are only interested in the mighty dollar..and I suppose that's fair enough. That's what we are dealing with though, Huw Jenkins and the board need to make sure they learn lessons, whom they appoint etc..etc.

That said the worst case scenario is about to be played out. Poor old wronged Michael, holding press conferences and not having the opportunity to say his goodbyes!!! He hardly spoke to them when he was here! If your management style is one that sees you take an elitist stance and by choice keep players and club staff at arms length, in my book you must then accept that when your time is up, as is the case in the vast majority of cases for managers in football then you can't reasonably expect a lot of love coming your way.

They sacked the manager, appointed a new coach, said little, and got on with business. What do people want ???? a fu cking double cd release of conversations accompanied with music from The various well known fu ckjng tenors ?

I don't care how he was sacked, who sacked him, when it happened, and I really don't care what he says about it.

The club have handled it fine, some just want a soap opera, it ain't happening.

This is fu cking Swansea.

Get used to it.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 0:41]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 01:57 - Feb 19 with 1788 viewsEuropastime

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:40 - Feb 19 by ScoobyWho

They sacked the manager, appointed a new coach, said little, and got on with business. What do people want ???? a fu cking double cd release of conversations accompanied with music from The various well known fu ckjng tenors ?

I don't care how he was sacked, who sacked him, when it happened, and I really don't care what he says about it.

The club have handled it fine, some just want a soap opera, it ain't happening.

This is fu cking Swansea.

Get used to it.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 0:41]

This is my first post here. I have followed Swansea since ML started at the club. I really hoped that this time ML would stay long term at a club and have success as I think he had the potential to. But I felt something like this could happen. It is as if he is never quite happy as it is not Barca, Real Madrid or ManU. The problem is that he will never get to a big club before he has had long term success at a mid size club like Swansea. As a kid growing up I used to be a Spurs fan and I think he may fit better in there. If he is lucky he gets another go at it. Today Danish paper BT wrote in an article that Laudrups truth of what happened is probably just his version and that the key reason for his problems at Swansea was the transfers and the agent Tutumlo. I think that could be true and there maybe also lies one of the breaches of contract as there may be several. Totumlo is a dealmaker. He likes transactions. Selling and buying players. Finding ML a new club or advertising deals etc. His business is transactions. He does not care about continuity. ML is making a big mistake with him as an adviser I think and insisting on using him at the clubs he manages. It is a shame. As a player he seemed to be smarter.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 03:33 - Feb 19 with 1729 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 01:57 - Feb 19 by Europastime

This is my first post here. I have followed Swansea since ML started at the club. I really hoped that this time ML would stay long term at a club and have success as I think he had the potential to. But I felt something like this could happen. It is as if he is never quite happy as it is not Barca, Real Madrid or ManU. The problem is that he will never get to a big club before he has had long term success at a mid size club like Swansea. As a kid growing up I used to be a Spurs fan and I think he may fit better in there. If he is lucky he gets another go at it. Today Danish paper BT wrote in an article that Laudrups truth of what happened is probably just his version and that the key reason for his problems at Swansea was the transfers and the agent Tutumlo. I think that could be true and there maybe also lies one of the breaches of contract as there may be several. Totumlo is a dealmaker. He likes transactions. Selling and buying players. Finding ML a new club or advertising deals etc. His business is transactions. He does not care about continuity. ML is making a big mistake with him as an adviser I think and insisting on using him at the clubs he manages. It is a shame. As a player he seemed to be smarter.

With no reference to whether I agree or not with every point you made, I must say that your analysis is excellently done. Thanks.

I think more about Tutu will come out, and that it won't be pretty.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 03:36 - Feb 19 with 1728 viewsDavillin

In my experience as well. Sometimes someone stands over him as he cleans out his desk, to supervise what he's taking with him.

Perhaps the Swans learned a lesson when that "chief scout" [I forget his name] left with all of the material he gathered while in the pay of Swansea City.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 05:40 - Feb 19 with 1670 viewsgibs0n

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 03:36 - Feb 19 by Davillin

In my experience as well. Sometimes someone stands over him as he cleans out his desk, to supervise what he's taking with him.

Perhaps the Swans learned a lesson when that "chief scout" [I forget his name] left with all of the material he gathered while in the pay of Swansea City.

If he is telling the truth here, then I don't think its the correct way ;-)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26250930
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:32 - Feb 19 with 1574 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Its all very pathetic and egotistical

Of course it is.

There also seem to be many here who put the feelings of Laudrup before the club. Shocking stuff.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 7:32]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:34 - Feb 19 with 1572 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:20 - Feb 18 by ymaohyd

"He hardly spoke to them when he was here". First of all we were not on the training ground. Second I just think that his personality is calm. I do think he always was available to talk to if someone needed it., but that is just my guess.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 1567 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

Would that be the same advice that made Huw give press-statements that there was no issue with recalling Ki despite what sundeland said?

Time you went back to FM and left our club alone.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:41 - Feb 19 with 1555 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:32 - Feb 19 by ItchySphincter

Of course it is.

There also seem to be many here who put the feelings of Laudrup before the club. Shocking stuff.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 7:32]

Not me personally, Laudrup has gone, we move on. But if Huw carries on in to next season without even a question asked there is something seriously wrong, to be honest questions should be asked about the board in general.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:45 - Feb 19 with 1543 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:41 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Not me personally, Laudrup has gone, we move on. But if Huw carries on in to next season without even a question asked there is something seriously wrong, to be honest questions should be asked about the board in general.

There's lots of questions that need to be asked of the board in general. No doubt about that.

Not on this subject though. Anyone who thinks Huw Jenkins would risk that kind of cash at this stage of the season just for personal reasons and not because he felt he didn't have any choice clearly doesn't understand how he and our club work.

When even Jonathan de Guzman. perhaps the player (Michu aside) who most personifies the Laudrup era publically admits that a change was needed you'd think some people would take a f*cking hint.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:51 - Feb 19 with 1525 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:41 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Don't think the board have done much wrong tbh. There aspects of marketing and PR that could be improved but the fact remains that people like to moan.

Grown men are butthurt now because the club has dropped their idol, in the same way they broke down when Martinez and Rodgers jilted us for something more attractive.

Pathetic.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:55 - Feb 19 with 1516 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:45 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

There's lots of questions that need to be asked of the board in general. No doubt about that.

Not on this subject though. Anyone who thinks Huw Jenkins would risk that kind of cash at this stage of the season just for personal reasons and not because he felt he didn't have any choice clearly doesn't understand how he and our club work.

When even Jonathan de Guzman. perhaps the player (Michu aside) who most personifies the Laudrup era publically admits that a change was needed you'd think some people would take a f*cking hint.

Changes were needed, no doubt about that Doc as I keep on repeating. I have no ill feeling towards Laudrup at all and wish him all the best in the future, but I am actually glad he has come out and and told his side of the story.

I actually believe what he has said about he gave the board a list of players who said they had wanted to come and play for us, but none showed. I have had the feeling for a long time that the board are taking control of the player recruitment and it doesn't bode well with me in the slightest, IF is true then Huw can f*ck off and so can the rest of the board in my opinion, I feel that strongly about it.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:58 - Feb 19 with 1511 viewsblaine_scfc

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:55 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Changes were needed, no doubt about that Doc as I keep on repeating. I have no ill feeling towards Laudrup at all and wish him all the best in the future, but I am actually glad he has come out and and told his side of the story.

I actually believe what he has said about he gave the board a list of players who said they had wanted to come and play for us, but none showed. I have had the feeling for a long time that the board are taking control of the player recruitment and it doesn't bode well with me in the slightest, IF is true then Huw can f*ck off and so can the rest of the board in my opinion, I feel that strongly about it.

On the same subject, after Emnes 45 minutes against Cardiff, our fans tweeting Leigh Dineen saying "you can now say told you so about Emnes"

He replies "I will, we know him, and knew what he would bring" or something along those lines. Well Leigh, I couldn't give a toss what players you know and what you think they bring. Keep the commercial side and let the footballing staff take control of who plays for us.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:01 - Feb 19 with 1505 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:45 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

This has been my view since the day he left. If everything was as ML would like to portray it he'd still be here wouldn't he. fact is, the board clearly thought we had a serious problem with him and he had to go now. Sorry to all the cry babies out there but our club would not spend an unnecessary penny never mind risk spunking all the rodgers cash unless they thought there was no other option...and immediately.

Al this other childish drivel is just noise, and playing it through the media is plainly pathetic. Take your ridiculous wedge and just f**k off man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024