Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 72465 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:40 - Feb 18 with 2241 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:10 - Feb 18 by Davillin

Correct.

I must say this. No attorney worth his salt would allow his client to answer questions about the case from someone who has already declared himself an opposing party [meaning Laudrup].

Laudrup has said that he has sought legal advice [which, because of his insistence about the Board defining "breach of contract," makes me doubt that he has], and at least strongly hinted that a lawsuit would follow. He also made a huge point over what the Board meant by "breach of contract," which will be at the absolute central issue of any law suit.

Stupid client and stupider attorney if they answer this out-of-court.

Breach of contract could be anything though. For instance, if a manager and their agent get seen dining with board members of another club whilst under contract, can that be thought of as a breach of the terms of teh current one? "Tapping up" if you like?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 2213 viewsPhil_S

If the letter said breach of contract I think it is fair to say that the club will be confident that they have one. And they will have taken legal advice especially as one of our directors is the clubs legal adviser like
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 with 2197 viewstomdickharry

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Its all very pathetic and egotistical

At least Sousa went without a press conference.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 with 2192 viewsPlasticman

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

If the letter said breach of contract I think it is fair to say that the club will be confident that they have one. And they will have taken legal advice especially as one of our directors is the clubs legal adviser like

Would that be the same advice that made Huw give press-statements that there was no issue with recalling Ki despite what sundeland said?

Plastic since 2012

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 with 2188 viewsQuientus

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

If it really, as alleged, took 9 days to come up with, I'm not so sure they really have that much of a case ...

And I won't even go into the debacle about the situation with Ki ...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:48 - Feb 18 with 2181 viewsmax936

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 by tomdickharry

At least Sousa went without a press conference.

He went rallying to blow the frustrations away

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:48 - Feb 18 with 2179 viewsPozuelosSideys

Coming from yourself, i think that should pretty much silence the doubters.

Nice one

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:51 - Feb 18 with 2151 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:47 - Feb 18 by Quientus

If it really, as alleged, took 9 days to come up with, I'm not so sure they really have that much of a case ...

And I won't even go into the debacle about the situation with Ki ...

As I understand it isnt it 9 days to receive a letter?

And the farce with Ki? Ah yes the one where Laudrup decided he didnt want to recall him? That farce you mean?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:52 - Feb 18 with 2139 viewsUxbridge

It'll be interesting if the truth comes out regarding what those reasons are. Nothing coming out of the club last week really seemed like breach of contract to me, but Laudrup refusing to shake up backroom staff could possibly be. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

Think the only thing that was potentially disappointing from Laudrup's egotrip today was the thing about being sacked by email. Given they spoke in person earlier in the day I'd hope that wasn't true. Think we all know the club have generally backed every manager regarding player recruitment to the absolute hilt in the past so his comments there were way off the mark.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 21:53]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:52 - Feb 18 with 2131 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:48 - Feb 18 by PozuelosSideys

Coming from yourself, i think that should pretty much silence the doubters.

Nice one

It's an opinion but as I said in many comments to various media sources at the time we would not have taken the decision to sack him lightly. And if we are alleging breach of contract (and I have no idea what part he breached) but it wouldnt have just come from Huw, Leigh and Martin discussing over a glass of champagne at Morgans last weekend that much is certain
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:53 - Feb 18 with 2120 viewsPlasticman

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:51 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

And the farce with Ki? Ah yes the one where Laudrup decided he didnt want to recall him? That farce you mean?

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/9115458/

I think he is refering to Huw stating to the press that Ki can be recalled.

edit: and 9 days for a letter? Is the british mail service moonwalking with the letters or something?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 21:54]

Plastic since 2012

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:54 - Feb 18 with 2112 viewsPozuelosSideys

Perhaps the "being sacked by email" thing was just the formal confirmation notice of termination of employment in writing.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:55 - Feb 18 with 2096 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:52 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

It'll be interesting if the truth comes out regarding what those reasons are. Nothing coming out of the club last week really seemed like breach of contract to me, but Laudrup refusing to shake up backroom staff could possibly be. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

Think the only thing that was potentially disappointing from Laudrup's egotrip today was the thing about being sacked by email. Given they spoke in person earlier in the day I'd hope that wasn't true. Think we all know the club have generally backed every manager regarding player recruitment to the absolute hilt in the past so his comments there were way off the mark.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2014 21:53]

I havent read/listened to his comments in depth but I cant believe we did it via email but I guess its possible and Id agree would be disappointing. Having sacked people myself I wouldnt do it that way, the least anyone deserves is a discussion and advising in person?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:56 - Feb 18 with 2085 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:53 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

edit: and 9 days for a letter? Is the british mail service moonwalking with the letters or something?

Ah right but either way our manager at the time decided he didn't want him.

I'm just glad we didnt sell Williams in the summer
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:57 - Feb 18 with 2077 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:55 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

I havent read/listened to his comments in depth but I cant believe we did it via email but I guess its possible and Id agree would be disappointing. Having sacked people myself I wouldnt do it that way, the least anyone deserves is a discussion and advising in person?

My thoughts too, and would seem to be contrary to usual form from the club.

I'm surprised to hear you've sacked people though. I thought the reason Darran still had the gig here was because you're too soft to get rid of him

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:58 - Feb 18 with 2065 viewsPhil_S

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:57 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

I'm surprised to hear you've sacked people though. I thought the reason Darran still had the gig here was because you're too soft to get rid of him

I'd sack him but I dont have his email address
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:59 - Feb 18 with 2059 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:56 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Ah right but either way our manager at the time decided he didn't want him.

I'm just glad we didnt sell Williams in the summer

Aye Byron Tutu was touting Williams all over Europe wasn't he?
People forget these things.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:00 - Feb 18 with 2044 viewsDewi1jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:53 - Feb 18 by Plasticman

The british mail system doesn't moonwalk with your letters.
That would get it there far quicker than it does.

Royal Snail- working even slower since privatisation!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:00 - Feb 18 with 2032 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:57 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Dear me.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:03 - Feb 18 with 2000 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:51 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

The letter might not even have been sent out for a couple of days too.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:06 - Feb 18 with 1988 viewsGriffting

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:58 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

I'd sack him but I dont have his email address

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:09 - Feb 18 with 1958 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:06 - Feb 18 by Griffting

It's not that funny.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 1946 viewsJJJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:55 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

I have done (i.e. sacked people in writing rather than face-to-face). There are many reasons why and in my case it was simply because HR told me to do this for legal reasons. I share your scepticism that this is what ACTUALLY happened though because i find it a little unlikely. More likely is that Huw/the board found out something later in the day that caused them to reassess and perhaps ML refused to go back in on the day. With the point that ML was told not to go and say his goodbyes and the mention of breach of contract, I share your "optimism" that the Board know they are on safe ground and that there was something specific they believed they could "nail" him on.
I always find it a little strange that so many people can't get their head around the fact that the Directors/owners of a club are the ACTUAL bosses rather than someone who is merely First Team or Head Coach. But there you go..!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:12 - Feb 18 with 1930 viewsPhil_S

More amusingly from what I know from experience ML wasn't the best at reading or responding to emails so the chances are if they had sacked him via email he wouldnt have read it and turned up the next day anyway
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 1913 viewsSwanfan1

Wouldnt be as confident, as Huw Jenkins said they could recall Ki Sung Yueng in January, turns out Gus Poyet was right.
details matter.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024